Fri. 1/22 - Lakers @ NY Knicks - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 1/22 - Lakers @ NY Knicks - Comments & Predictions

Postby karacha on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 pm

I like the shooting (except Kobe), but I dislike everything else.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby onetrackt on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 pm

The Kobe hate on here amazes me
onetrackt

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Well on the upside today as long as Kobe didn't take 30+ **rejoicing** Because we would've been dead meat lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:38 pm

Some of you guys are insane. First of all, if Kobe sits like you want for say 10 games - how many of those will we actually win with this team we've got? 1? 2 at best?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby onetrackt on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Some of you guys are insane. First of all, if Kobe sits like you want for say 10 games - how many of those will we actually win with this team we've got? 1? 2 at best?

I say probably 1 and it would be a nail bitter haha
onetrackt

Postby Big Mamma Jamma on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Lakerjones wrote:Some of you guys are insane. First of all, if Kobe sits like you want for say 10 games - how many of those will we actually win with this team we've got? 1? 2 at best?

Just ignore the fairweather fans ... there's a bunch of them on CL.
"Better learn not to talk to me. You shake the tree, a leopard's gonna fall out." - Kobe Bryant

One of the funniest posts I've read in a sports forum:

"Lebron's talents went South, his hair went North, and his mom went West."
Big Mamma Jamma

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

onetrackt wrote:The Kobe hate on here amazes me

It's honestly starting to freak me out. What Club site is this again? Is this the Cavs site or something? Boston?
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Two guys on the Knicks had over 20+ points, is it me or has no namers been scoring career highs on us? WE GAE UP GAWD DAMN 105 TO THE KNICKS WE STINK ON DEFENSE :bang: Oh yeah and is anyone still considering BENCHKOBEPHIL.COM?
Jazzygirl205

Postby bystander on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:40 pm

what's up with brown ? he didn't pass the ball to gasol in the entire second half
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
bystander

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Again, whats better, losing games now or in May?
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby karacha on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

It's honestly starting to freak me out. What Club site is this again? Is this the Cavs site or something? Boston?

Wait, wait... this is not a Celtic site!??

WTF, and I got this green dragon and everything. You're joking, right? :man4:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Two guys on the Knicks had over 20+ points, is it me or has no namers been scoring career highs on us? WE GAE UP GAWD DAMN 105 TO THE KNICKS WE STINK ON DEFENSE :bang: Oh yeah and is anyone still considering BENCHKOBEPHIL.COM?

david lee is good, as is wilson chandler. they're not no-namers. but they're not 30 pt players either.
Last edited by lakersyunowin on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 pm

bystander wrote:what's up with brown ? he didn't pass the ball to gasol in the entire second half

Shannon let that 20 point game get to his head.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:42 pm

1-1 on this road trip.

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby onetrackt on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Two guys on the Knicks had over 20+ points, is it me or has no namers been scoring career highs on us? WE GAE UP GAWD DAMN 105 TO THE KNICKS WE STINK ON DEFENSE :bang: Oh yeah and is anyone still considering BENCHKOBEPHIL.COM?

well if you have been watching the Lakers for a while even back in the 90s and early 2000s no bodies have always killed the Lakers
onetrackt

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Kobe's 24/73 last 3 games :man10:

He'll get through this slump though. Would be nice to see him be useful without chucking up a ton of shots, but he's a bad man and plays through everything

At least we got the win.
BadCoaching

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:44 pm

There's no use to keep bringing up Kobe sitting because he's not going to do it, then we're gonna get another poor shooting game from him again. It's starting to frustrate me because he was so fluent in the beginning of the season effortlessly and barely had to force anything. I know his hand is giving him issues but that's why I want him to sit the hell out for a few games :bang: :bang:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:45 pm

karacha wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10: That darn green dragon Karacha!!

But seriously, what is with all the Kobe hate on Gameday. It's just crazy. How do these posters think that our team will be better without him? This freakin' team right now? Gasol and Bynum can't play together to save their lives so no Kobe will help that out? No Kobe out there is going to make Fisher play better? No Kobe will help Artest and his Plantar Fascitis?

I don't know man . . . it's bumming me out.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby postaboy on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 pm

onetrackt wrote:

The Lakers sucks without Kobe, but it will show the league how important Kobe is to the team and it would still put him on top for the MVP award. A player like him with 1 MVP is pathetic.
postaboy

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:46 pm

BadCoaching wrote:Kobe's 24/73 last 3 games :man10:

He'll get through this slump though. Would be nice to see him be useful without chucking up a ton of shots, but he's a bad man and plays through everything

At least we got the win.

That's still just a little over 32%.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:49 pm

postaboy wrote:
onetrackt wrote:

The Lakers sucks without Kobe, but it will show the league how important Kobe is to the team and it would still put him on top for the MVP award. A player like him with 1 MVP is pathetic.

And we'll also get to see how tough our team is and can they battle through it without needing to lean on Kobe. Gooosh I wish he'd sit, some strap him to a chair or something.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:50 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:There's no use to keep bringing up Kobe sitting because he's not going to do it, then we're gonna get another poor shooting game from him again. It's starting to frustrate me because he was so fluent in the beginning of the season effortlessly and barely had to force anything. I know his hand is giving him issues but that's why I want him to sit the hell out for a few games :bang: :bang:

Yes, a little thing called a BROKEN FINGER ON HIS SHOOTING HAND has hampered him, Jazzy. Be thankful that the guy is a warrior - and OUR warrior on top of it - and that he continues to play. We would not have the best record in the league right now if Kobe had sat when he broke his finger. We would have won about one or two games in that time.

Sure it sucks to see Kobe struggle with his offense but take away his 27 points and we get blown out in this game. Who the hell on THIS team would pick up the slack. Please tell me that right now. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakers_09tv on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
karacha wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

:man10: :man10: :man10: That darn green dragon Karacha!!

But seriously, what is with all the Kobe hate on Gameday. It's just crazy. How do these posters think that our team will be better without him? This freakin' team right now? Gasol and Bynum can't play together to save their lives so no Kobe will help that out? No Kobe out there is going to make Fisher play better? No Kobe will help Artest and his Plantar Fascitis?

I don't know man . . . it's bumming me out.

Whats so hard to understand, dude?

We are willing to sacrifice wins NOW, for a chance for Kobe to be 100% healthy in the playoffs. These games will be meaningless if Kobe performs horribly in the playoffs and we get knocked out. Its not worth it.

lakers_09tv

Postby 432J on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

good rebound win tonight, not pretty but ill take it. good game by kobe and pau
432J

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:57 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Whats so hard to understand, dude?

We are willing to sacrifice wins NOW, for a chance for Kobe to be 100% healthy in the playoffs. These games will be meaningless if Kobe performs horribly in the playoffs and we get knocked out. Its not worth it.

I don't understand hating on the best player in basketball period. If Kobe sits for 6 weeks we might not make the playoffs period. Kobe wants to secure HCA. What the hell is wrong with that? Did his poor shooting performance tonight cost us the game? No. Take away his points and we get blown out. NO ONE else would have stepped up in his place.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday