Fri. 2/10 - Lakers @ Knicks - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 2/10 - Lakers @ Knicks - Predictions & Comments

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:48 pm

MambaFromDownUnder wrote:LOL at Lin being compared to Kobe already..go win 5 championships and do what you're doing for 16 more years straight, the guy will disappear once Melo and Amare come back.

This.
Also have to count in the Laker's crap factor, making Lin look like Chris f***ing Paul.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby dj vitus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:they don't take into account any factor like the other team's defense,

We're one of the better defensive teams in the league esp with Pau and Bynum packing the paint.

biggestkobefanever wrote:the amount of open shots he had right by the basket,

Well that's something that takes skill doesn't it? :man3:

Spoken like a true hater.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby TomSeaver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:49 pm

Its not Brown. This team is completely on Mitch. No bench and thinking you could rely on old men like Artest and Fisher. We looked really old and slow tonight
TomSeaver

Postby 24fanyes on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

i kno but this is totally embarrassing... he just dropped 38 on us LOL
smfh
24fanyes

Postby dj vitus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

trodgers wrote:
24fanyes wrote:does Kobe know who Lin is now? :man10:

Something tells me he doesn't care about every guy who had a good four-game stretch.

I wish we had a guy on our team with a good four game stretch.
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby kray28 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

We got nothing offensively from Drew, and he missed key rebounds down the stretch. The offense is a complete mess, and n one has the balls to shoot. Blake on his second night back....if he took those shots and missed them, I would not have minded. But the hesitation.....just shoot the ball in rhythm....you're wide open.
kray28

Postby TomSeaver on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:no point guard , no small forward scoring most of the time this season tonight no center and no powerforward either. kobe jacked up stupid jumpshots the whole game and nearly played 1 on 5 at the offense. oh i forgot no bench effort. :bang: :mad1:

He looked old tonight. Or just tired. Scared to drive to the basket. Any time Fields would get in front of him he would just stop and either pass or shoot a jumpshot
TomSeaver

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

trodgers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Samarian wrote:If anyone other than Kobe gave a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] tonight the Lakers win this game.

And if anyone on the perimter, including Kobe, played defense tonight we would win. Or if the bigs did a better job of rebounding defensively.

We're giving up under 95 points. If you hold your opponents to 95 or less, it's on your O. That's how the NBA works now.

Agreed, though you can't argue that tonight's defensive effort should've been better.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby escobar8 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:51 pm

ladam24 wrote:
escobar8 wrote:how do you know i am not asian...??? and how many asians you think there is in mexico...i saw 2 of them in 3 weeks...
i didnt think you would take me so serious...and do you realy think i puke when i drink???

escobar8 wrote:and i am going out to drink...untill i start puking...

:man3:

omg...i was joking...i will get drunk and i want puke...and i want fight asian man...even if i see one...
escobar8

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:52 pm

right now we are nothing then a pretender absolutely no contender.could you imagine how we will punish when we play for example vs the thunder ? remember that pg and sf position. wow.
kobebryant248

Postby SK8 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:52 pm

So, why Mike Brown didn't kiss Bynum after this game?? Tyson eat Bynum!
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby kray28 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Bring back the Triangle. Hell, bring in Rambidis to coach it.
kray28

Postby MaddDogg on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:Lin is scoring very easily, no tough shots at all (except that reverse layup), no real talent display.
Yet, somehow by tomorrow everyone is going to be like "jeremy lin scored 36 on the Lakers!!!" I mean, people just look at stats and make statements, they don't take into account any factor like the other team's defense, the amount of open shots he had right by the basket, the constant foul calls that got him to the line like crazy...
It's all so very superficial. That's why people are all up in LeBron's crotch. It's the media. It's marketing. I hate it

LOL! You must not have been watching the game.

Seriously man, don't hate 38 points on 13 of 23 shots ain't shabby.
MaddDogg

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:55 pm

dj vitus wrote:
trodgers wrote:

Something tells me he doesn't care about every guy who had a good four-game stretch.

We do.
His name is Kobe Bryant, you might have heard of 'em, he's pretty good.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:57 pm

i am done for tonight. i get depressed. oh by the way great move fo to let shannon brown and lamar odom or should i say the bench scoring go elsewhere. :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

oh one more thing . championship with that team ? i like our chances hahahahahahahahaha . that was a joke. no chance at all with that team to win a championship. blow it up :mad1: :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby Finwë on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:04 pm

MaddDogg wrote:
biggestkobefanever wrote:Lin is scoring very easily, no tough shots at all (except that reverse layup), no real talent display.
Yet, somehow by tomorrow everyone is going to be like "jeremy lin scored 36 on the Lakers!!!" I mean, people just look at stats and make statements, they don't take into account any factor like the other team's defense, the amount of open shots he had right by the basket, the constant foul calls that got him to the line like crazy...
It's all so very superficial. That's why people are all up in LeBron's crotch. It's the media. It's marketing. I hate it

I watched very carefully. You show me a play Lin made other than that reverse that makes him deserving of all the adjectives. He made WIDE OPEN shots. Big deal, whole crowd behind him beggin for him to shoot them, no one to blame him if he misses. He was being guarded by Fisher (who can't guard anything that moves "fast") getting very hard picks from Chandler, and every time a defender bodied him up they called a foul and sent him to the line. Yes he scored 38, but he didn't impress me at all.
Just answer this: does watching him IMPRESS you like, a superstar impresses people or are you only impressed after you read the box score? It was a solid performance, but nowhere near elite level. Many guards would've torched us the way we defended today.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:06 pm

dj vitus wrote:
trodgers wrote:

Gasol, Bynum, too. It's really a question of having that fourth consistent player. That's where we're struggling.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby MaddDogg on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

biggestkobefanever wrote:
MaddDogg wrote:

I watched very carefully. You show me a play Lin made other than that reverse that makes him deserving of all the adjectives. He made WIDE OPEN shots. Big deal, whole crowd behind him beggin for him to shoot them, no one to blame him if he misses. He was being guarded by Fisher (who can't guard anything that moves "fast") getting very hard picks from Chandler, and every time a defender bodied him up they called a foul and sent him to the line. Yes he scored 38, but he didn't impress me at all.
Just answer this: does watching him IMPRESS you like, a superstar impresses people or are you only impressed after you read the box score? It was a solid performance, but nowhere near elite level. Many guards would've torched us the way we defended today.

So you want lin to take kobe bryant turn around fade away shots with a hand in his face to get his 38 points instead of taking good shots in the offense?

Ill name four shots that shows jeremy has confidence and game.

1) skooled up fisher with that spin move
2) looked at pau and was like this guy can't guard me, and shot right over him
3) called for the rock when kapono was on him and took him to the hole
4) saw barnes at the top of the key and took him to the hole.

This guy takes the right shots. He doesn't take shannon brown thinking he is kobe shots, he takes basketball fundamentals shots.
MaddDogg

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 pm

So you want lin to take kobe bryant turn around fade away shots with a hand in his face to get his 38 points instead of taking good shots in the offense?

Ill name four shots that shows jeremy has confidence and game.

1) skooled up fisher with that spin move
2) looked at pau and was like this guy can't guard me, and shot right over him
3) called for the rock when kapono was on him and took him to the hole
4) saw barnes at the top of the key and took him to the hole.

This guy takes the right shots. He doesn't take shannon brown thinking he is kobe shots, he takes basketball fundamentals shots.

Yes, he takes easy shots. That's because no one guards him like he's somebody. Not yet. The time is coming though. Teams are going to try and guard him very well and I think they will suceed. Let's see how he does when he doesn't have those wide open looks anymore or old and slow defenders guarding him as he takes it to the basket. For him to be great as they say he is, he has to show he can play against good D.
Today againts the wolves he scored 20 and had 8 assists. Good right? Well, no. He shot 8-24 from the field (terrible for a pg who isn't even being guarded that well yet) and had 6 turnovers. The decline has already begun.
Finwë

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday