Fri. 10/30 - Lakers vs. Mavericks - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 10/30 - Lakers vs. Mavericks - Predictions & Comments

Postby Punk-101 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 pm

How naive of me to buy into that whole preseason team meeting BS after the first loss to the Warriors. I thought this team was going to come out gangbusters and tear ISH up. Silly me.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:38 pm

not that the whole team didn't play poorly tonight, but farmar sure stunk it up bigtime. which was lame considering the cocktease of a nice performance he had in the preseason. guy better get his stuff together or he's toast.

oh and artest needs to make open shots...period.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby f355 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:59 pm

I missed the game but I'm sure who ever shot horrible won't disappoint again. Its like every season we go through, we have to adjust and break in the team. No team's perfect. It's not like we beat Orlando 4 straight and blew them out 30 points per game.

key word, rhythm, once we get that we'll be fine.

btw, lakers needed to get their cherry popped early anyways.
f355

Postby 432J on Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:31 pm

tough loss but it just means its time to move on, hopefully they learn from this game. And i hope pau gets back soon...
432J

Postby OgLaker101 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:23 am

guys we don't have gasol. Were going on some serious win streaks once we get him back so let the other teams and (Marc Cuban...) enjoy this while they can. Its good for the league :man1:
And when its all said and done, Kobe will be the greatest of all time.
OgLaker101

Postby Johnnyboy on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:33 am

Artest needs to stop the 1 on 1 BS and only hit open shots. Nothing good happens when he drives to the basket. When he posts up its ok, but other then that he needs to be a spot up shooter at this point in his career. And although it is only 1 game, kobe does look different. He's shots have been flat since the first preseason game and missing shots he normally makes. I wouldnt be surprised if he had a small injury. I don't think hes over the hill like some people say, but he def is not the same as 2 years ago
Johnnyboy

Postby jayy_zee on Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:35 am

No need to over-react, just was a stinker and we didn't have gasol. Is it me or has Gasol been out forever with this hamstring injury? He's been out for weeks now with this injury. Not all players are created equal but i've seen players with the same injury out only a game or two, not a month. Pau is a frail guy, not saying he gets injured alot but when he does he's out a longgggg time, like last year I think he had an ankle sprain and was out about 10 games, or it may have been the '07-'08 season.
jayy_zee

Postby Johnnyboy on Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:11 am

I went to a Laker practice like a 3 weeks ago now and he sat out. He was getting treatment right on the court for like 3 hours. I think it might be a little more serious then people think. At the same time, I don't think the Lakers want to rush him back. I expect to see him in a couple weeks.
Johnnyboy

Postby revgen on Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:35 am

Gasol had nothing to do with the loss. The team played like crap.

Shannon was just like everybody else. Not running the offense and going 1 on 1. He just happened to make more shots doing this. It doesn't mean he should play more.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:06 am

I was definately dissapointed with the loss. Kenny said he expected us to be 20-1 these next few games, I guess Charles was right they aren't going to go 20-1. Everyone was just out of sync and kind of ice cold from the field, I think they'll do better next time around.
Jazzygirl205

Postby dj vitus on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:40 pm

I think a lot of calls we normally get at home didn't go our way, and the Mavs did a good job of exploiting it. But how about that 4th foul on Artest after he stole the ball and JKidd ran into him? How do you get a call going your way by running into someone?
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday