Fri. 5/6 - Lakers @ Mavs Game 3 - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 5/6 - Lakers @ Mavs Game 3 - Predictions & Comments

Postby GoldHammish on Fri May 06, 2011 9:20 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Bynum didn't get a post touch the entire 4th........ :bang:

Yeah WTF was up this this? He had one of the best games of his career and doesn't get a touch?
GoldHammish

Postby 7cody on Fri May 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Jacks, we're on the same team. I'll just say this -- you don't know anything about basketball. Watch Terrys clutch shot in the end. Watch, hell, all of Jason Kidd's shots. It's kobe not rotating. Its Kobe not closing out. Its Kobe not playing defense.

Kobe plays no defense. With that said, he's a hell of a basketball player in terms of skill.
7cody

Postby trodgers on Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm

basketboy wrote:
trodgers wrote:Kobe SUCKS@!@! Couldn't even hit that running, out of control three that wouldn't have mattered.

If you want to be mad about something, or at someone, be mad at Gasol. He didn't show up for three quarters. Again. Heck, be mad at the refs before you're mad at Kobe.

Realize this: you will always find a way to fault Kobe. What could he have done differently? He has constantly changed his game to baby players' egos, to inspire, to lead by example, to carry teams with flagging ability...and he did it again except for what some of you want to point out...three plays. A TO and two missed shots. THAT's the reason we lost? It wasn't the second unit going away from Bynum in the 4th and taking a series of long jumpers when Kobe was on the bench? Lead should have been 15 by the time Kobe entered the game.

yeah the lead SHOULDA been 15, but it wasnt. so peja hits a 3 and how do we respond? by kobe turning it over. ok, now we're up by 5 instead of 8, so what does kobe do? fade away 23 footer of course. whoever it was hit another 3 and now we're up 2.

no, the loss wasnt totally on kobe, but his crappy decision making made an 8 point lead turn into a 2 point real quick.

You know Kobe did not shoot a 23 foot fadeaway; right? At least say true things in making your case.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby 7cody on Fri May 06, 2011 9:22 pm

I mentioned before that Bynum would be ignored, at half time. I said he wouldn't get more than 4 shots for the remainder of the game. How many did he get?
7cody

Postby escitnj on Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 pm

I know nobody comes back from a 0-3...probably not even the Lakers...but it's not over yet. I still have a little hope, but just a little.
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby basketboy on Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 pm

trodgers wrote:
basketboy wrote:
trodgers wrote:Kobe SUCKS@!@! Couldn't even hit that running, out of control three that wouldn't have mattered.

If you want to be mad about something, or at someone, be mad at Gasol. He didn't show up for three quarters. Again. Heck, be mad at the refs before you're mad at Kobe.

Realize this: you will always find a way to fault Kobe. What could he have done differently? He has constantly changed his game to baby players' egos, to inspire, to lead by example, to carry teams with flagging ability...and he did it again except for what some of you want to point out...three plays. A TO and two missed shots. THAT's the reason we lost? It wasn't the second unit going away from Bynum in the 4th and taking a series of long jumpers when Kobe was on the bench? Lead should have been 15 by the time Kobe entered the game.

yeah the lead SHOULDA been 15, but it wasnt. so peja hits a 3 and how do we respond? by kobe turning it over. ok, now we're up by 5 instead of 8, so what does kobe do? fade away 23 footer of course. whoever it was hit another 3 and now we're up 2.

no, the loss wasnt totally on kobe, but his crappy decision making made an 8 point lead turn into a 2 point real quick.

You know Kobe did not shoot a 23 foot fadeaway; right? At least say true things in making your case.

yeah im just making it up lol

nba.com

03:49 [DAL 84-87] Stojakovic 3pt Shot: Made (15 PTS) Assist: Nowitzki (1 AST)
03:24 Bryant Turnover : Bad Pass (2 TO) Steal:Chandler (1 ST)
03:23 Bryant Foul : Personal (3 PF)
03:23 [DAL 85-87] Kidd Free Throw 1 of 2 (9 PTS)
03:23 [DAL 86-87] Kidd Free Throw 2 of 2 (10 PTS)
02:57 Bryant Fade Away Jumper Shot: Missed

yahoo sports

02:57 LAL Bryant missed a 23-foot fadeaway jumper from the right wing
all i know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything.
basketboy

Postby Jacks3 on Fri May 06, 2011 9:29 pm

7cody wrote:Jacks, we're on the same team. I'll just say this -- you don't know anything about basketball. Watch Terrys clutch shot in the end. Watch, hell, all of Jason Kidd's shots. It's kobe not rotating. Its Kobe not closing out. Its Kobe not playing defense.

Kobe plays no defense. With that said, he's a hell of a basketball player in terms of skill.

NOBODY played D down the stretch. You blaming Kobe alone is ridiculous.

Oh, and it hasn't been Kobe's man that's killed us this series. Watch the game, son.
Jacks3

Postby trodgers on Fri May 06, 2011 9:31 pm

I see; you're not making it up, but it's still false: I'm watching it. He didn't shoot a fadeaway. He took a simple three. And LA still had the lead.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 pm

the entire team imploded at the end (not just this game). yes pau has been a ghost the entire playoffs and had he played like his normal self we'd be up 3-0 likely. but the game slipped away due to a collective effort. lol, it's the one thing they did collectively: meltdown.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri May 06, 2011 9:33 pm

Gasol is the main disappointment and needs to be shamed in public ... what a piece of garbage ... go back to Spain you big sissy... what a disappointment you are ... may bull urinate on your face... maybe that will give you the strength you are lacking... but no you want to go home and play with your kittens... you deserve everything you get you overgrown geek because you signed up for a multimillion dollar contract and I've got the internet... you suck you poor excuse for a giraffe!!! Pau Gasol sucks!!!! :man5:
Uncle_Meat

Postby 7cody on Fri May 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Jacks3 wrote:
7cody wrote:Jacks, we're on the same team. I'll just say this -- you don't know anything about basketball. Watch Terrys clutch shot in the end. Watch, hell, all of Jason Kidd's shots. It's kobe not rotating. Its Kobe not closing out. Its Kobe not playing defense.

Oh, and it hasn't been Kobe's man that's killed us this series. Watch the game, son.

I didn't say Kobe man is killing us. Can you read?

I'll help you. Kobe doesn't play defense. Do you still disagree? He could play much, much, much better defense. I know I'm probably right because anyone with a brain agrees with me. He's not even able to contain Jason Kidd from a scoring perspective. I can imagine Kidd dishing out dimes, can't really do much about that, but frequent wide open shots?

Obviously the Mavericks have someone named Dirk Nowitizki who, when Pau did finally start playing defense, kept scoring anyway
7cody

Postby WadeBoshLeBron on Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 pm

Boy...

I remember when I first came to this forum. Back when the Heat was "soft" and a Laker Threepeat was a certainty. Back when the "cHeat" would get crushed Boston or Orlando... and Pau wasn't a bum, he was argueably the best PF in the game. Back you compared Miami to the .... Sacremento Kings???... and other teams that came close but couldn't win a title.

Now that we have Boston 2-0 and you are staring at 0-3... I was going to rip into your team. But you Laker "fans" do it MUCH better than I ever could. So please continue. Maybe this series isn't on Pau, Kobe... whoever. Give the Mavs credit. When you get beat 3 in a row, could it be that they are just better?

Naw.. that can't be it. If only you traded for Carmelo when you had the chance...

And for those of your thinking you will make history: Death, taxes, and being down 0-3 in the NBA... these are things you count on.

Don't hold your breath.
WadeBoshLeBron

Postby Jacks3 on Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 pm

7cody wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

I didn't say Kobe man is killing us. Can you read?

I'll help you. Kobe doesn't play defense. Do you still disagree? He could play much, much, much better defense. I know I'm probably right because anyone with a brain agrees with me. He's not even able to contain Jason Kidd from a scoring perspective. I can imagine Kidd dishing out dimes, can't really do much about that, but frequent wide open shots?

Obviously the Mavericks have someone named Dirk Nowitizki who, when Pau did finally start playing defense, kept scoring anyway

Yeah, and everyone else could play "much, much " better defense. Again, Kobe's man wasn't the guy killing us this series. Defense is a TEAM thing. The entire team's D was bad. Get that through your head. The TEAM lost.
Jacks3

Postby Jacks3 on Fri May 06, 2011 9:57 pm

WadeBoshLeBron wrote:Boy...

I remember when I first came to this forum. Back when the Heat was "soft" and a Laker Threepeat was a certainty. Back when the "cHeat" would get crushed Boston or Orlando... and Pau wasn't a bum, he was argueably the best PF in the game. Back you compared Miami to the .... Sacremento Kings???... and other teams that came close but couldn't win a title.

Now that we have Boston 2-0 and you are staring at 0-3... I was going to rip into your team. But you Laker "fans" do it MUCH better than I ever could. So please continue. Maybe this series isn't on Pau, Kobe... whoever. Give the Mavs credit. When you get beat 3 in a row, could it be that they are just better?

Naw.. that can't be it. If only you traded for Carmelo when you had the chance...

And for those of your thinking you will make history: Death, taxes, and being down 0-3 in the NBA... these are things you count on.

Don't hold your breath.

@ this clown. 2 straight championships. What has your team done? Nothing. GTFO.
Jacks3

Postby GoldHammish on Fri May 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Jacks3 wrote:

Don't hold your breath.

@ this clown. 2 straight championships. What has your team done? Nothing. GTFO.

He thinks we would be better off with Melo instead of Drew. Clearly there's something wrong with him.
GoldHammish

Postby justrodict on Fri May 06, 2011 10:22 pm

what's wrong with Kobe,is he implying that"ok,you say this team is a inside team and I pass the ball inside and you see who is the go to guy,I played with no FT and took a lot of jumpshot just to tell everybody I dislike the way we play."That's what Kobe wants to express I guess.
just be yourself
justrodict

Postby HDKOBE on Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Gasol sucks but we win the last 2 titles and go to the last 3 finals without him how if he sucks so much???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
HDKOBE

Postby HDKOBE on Fri May 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Don't hold your breath.

What team were u rooting for last year?????

:freak2:
HDKOBE

Postby magicman32 on Fri May 06, 2011 11:06 pm

kobe's rotations horrible as usual
gasol not playing hard enough

game. set. match. lakers are done
magicman32

Postby WadeBoshLeBron on Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 am

GoldHammish wrote:@ this clown. 2 straight championships. What has your team done? Nothing. GTFO.

The season is still going. I know it's over for you... but not for us. We're winning... duh! :bang: Keep watching basketball... if you can. We'll win multiple championships.

Not one. Not two. Not three. You know the rest....

He thinks we would be better off with Melo instead of Drew. Clearly there's something wrong with him.

It was a level. But you obviously didn't catch my sarcasm. So here is is rather frankly: You are not better than DALLAS But don't worry. Dwight Howard will be a Laker and you'll start another 3peat, right? :man10: :man10:
WadeBoshLeBron

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat May 07, 2011 1:24 am

WadeBoshLeBron wrote:
GoldHammish wrote:@ this clown. 2 straight championships. What has your team done? Nothing. GTFO.

The season is still going. I know it's over for you... but not for us. We're winning... duh! :bang: Keep watching basketball... if you can. We'll win multiple championships.

You better believe I'll still be watching basketball. It's not over until one of the teams wins four games. Or do you not know how it works in a seven-game series? You haven't even advanced past the conference semis yet and you're talking about multiple titles? You need to win one first. :man10:

It was a level. But you obviously didn't catch my sarcasm. So here is is rather frankly: You are not better than DALLAS But don't worry. Dwight Howard will be a Laker and you'll start another 3peat, right? :man10: :man10:

We'll see. In any case, you need to be worried about your own team, especially if you guys have to face Rose and the Bulls without HCA.
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby ColdBlooded24 on Sat May 07, 2011 1:58 am

WadeBoshLeBron wrote:

first of all wtf are you even doing on this forum? dont have anything better to do than troll a forum of a team your not a fan of? you wont find me on a miami heat forum, maybe you need to get a life. second, stop referring to teams that you have nothing to do with "as you or us". though they might look like it atm, dallas is in no way a better team than the lakers, more like an inferior team.(most of) the lakers obviously dont give a crap for some reason and dont want to play smart and with effort. the refs have not helped either as dallas routinely gets away with stuff the lakers rarely do. that one ref from game 2 should be fired, well probably mccuthcen as well. salvatore had to call a foul on the other end of the floor because that damn reff refused to blow the whistle on a foul right in front of him, and i wish that was the only play he had somehow not seen. though somewhat better, tonights game was another example of tha lakers getting screwed. even at the end of the game tyson chandler is allowed to camp out in the paint, foul and get called for nothing. but with that said the lakers should expect that and should have still beaten an inferior team. they had a 16 point lead in game one and let off the gas, so any team that does that deserves to lose. now go away troll
ColdBlooded24

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday