Fri. 1/21 - Lakers @ Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 1/21 - Lakers @ Nuggets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Ariza68 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 pm

karacha wrote:This is going to be a GREAT win for us. We don't win often in Denver and the team just clicked. Let's look at the numbers:

Kobe 18/6/6 (shooting over 50%)
LO 18/10
Pau 15/13
Bynum 17/7
Artest 16 points.

That's very impressive, and we won't lose many games if we play like that.

Our frontcourt is really much better than theirs both in size and skills. If we played smart we should win 9 of 10 games against Denver. I wonder what will be this team without Melo.
Ariza68

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Great second half , solid D ... on the offensive end the game plan should be the same every single game Kobe , Bynum , Gasol and Artest should go to the post ... they are too skilled and/or too strong for almost every team in the league
wcsoldier81

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 pm

lakers_09tv wrote:Mark Jackson is ALWAYS praising Kobe. Just a couple months ago he said, Kobe was the greatest Laker of all time.

They clown on anything Laker related, and get super excited when the opposition goes up on LA, just like Doug Collins used to do. Hell they even had the nerve to be the only two people on the air with something negative to say about LA's ring ceremony talking about how "grown men shouldn't get emotional". Then again I suppose it's not like they'd know anything about what it was like to win a ring themselves.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:16 pm

It's been a while since the Lakers won in Denver during the regular season. :jam2:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:41 pm

trodgers wrote:I think that was one of the best all-around games from Kobe this season. If you buy that "his man" was lighting it up, you disagree, I presume.

Were you referring to me with that? I thought Kobe played really well on both ends tonight. Some of the losses he got wrecked but I don't think it was his fault really, he's trying to condition during the season and follow that whole 'funneling his man to the post' assignment. He's showing real signs now he's jumping really well and back to old foot work he's always used. I think it's smart Phil lets him sit out practices to conserve.. he seems to be more energetic for sure.

I don't think he's lost a step, I think he's just re-finding what he's always had. Not many people would have come back that soon from that surgery.. his stats are crazy all things considered. Less minutes, screwed up fingers and the knee and still putting down 25+ @ 46%
BadCoaching

Postby trodgers on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 pm

^ Ariza68 and two posters I respect said it about Kobe in this thread tonight. I pointed out that Kobe wasn't the one allowing the threes. Not about you :)
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby ybtherockstar on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:It's been a while since the Lakers won in Denver during the regular season. :jam2:

Yep glad we got that W
ybtherockstar

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:16 pm

ybtherockstar wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:It's been a while since the Lakers won in Denver during the regular season. :jam2:

Yep glad we got that W

We needed it after the Dallas debacle, and I hate the Thugs. It was sweet to win in front of their crowd, though there were a LOT of Lakers fans at the game, to be fair. :man10:
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday