Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby nameant on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:47 pm

So we're back to conceding the championship to the Cavs? Noice.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Slade366 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:47 pm

shoe wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.


Dude, the blazers CANNOT win in LA...that is almost guaranteed

and if its cleveland in the finals, i know we can steal one of the first two and close it out in 5

and if its boston i see us winning in 6

nothing to worry about

Cleveland easier than Boston? There unbeatable at home, but Boston is not. If we play Cleveland we would probably have to win in 7. If we play Boston we can steal one away and then win in 4 or 5
Image
User avatar
Slade366

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Anchorage,Alaska

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Legendary on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 pm

nameant wrote:So we're back to conceding the championship to the Cavs? Noice.


Probably. I expect quite a bit of over-reaction tonight.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby OCLakersFan247 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.


Well then, go ahead and start watching baseball then.. What's the point right? You're a joke of a Laker fan..



at least hte fan wagon will get less crowded
"expose foes with hocus pocus flows, they froze, now suckas idealize my chosen blows"-2pac

"Check the Franck Mueller...the color of the Lakers"-Clipse
OCLakersFan247

 
Posts: 3151
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:11 pm
Location: Downtown Los Angeles / Bay Area

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakers3peat on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:48 pm

Slade366 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.

Were screwed unless we see Boston in the finals.


Are you guys serious? Theres no way the cavs beat us let alone we dont win a game in cleveland. Cleveland is 2-8 against the best teams and the two wins were against the Celtics when they were in a huge slump and Orlando thanks to a BS 3 second call.

Theres no way Boston or Cleveland will beat us in the finals, now Orlando, thats another story
User avatar
Lakers3peat

 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby crazylakerfanforlife on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm

one lose and we go berserk. its not like we got knocked out of the playoffs just yet. if we r crying over the refs and one game trust me its gonna get worse in the playoffs. in the playoffs its almost certain that the home team will get more calls in favor of them. as long as we hav home court till the finals and just gotta hope sum one knocks clevland out.
Image
User avatar
crazylakerfanforlife

 
Posts: 1409
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:22 pm
Location: LA

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby noobiew on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:49 pm

nameant wrote:So we're back to conceding the championship to the Cavs? Noice.


:man6: :man6: :man6:

:bang: Blazers ... Cavs :bang:
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5564
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Radner on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:50 pm

The only problem with this loss is that those guys up north will BELIEVE they can beat us. This was really a game that could have destroyed their morale.

I'm not going to blame the refs for this loss. We had our opportunities to win the game but made some dumb choices. The one plus from this game was Shannon Brown. I'm glad to see him taking Ears' minutes.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby NWLakerfan on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Lakers3peat wrote:
Slade366 wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.

Were screwed unless we see Boston in the finals.


Are you guys serious? Theres no way the cavs beat us let alone we dont win a game in cleveland. Cleveland is 2-8 against the best teams and the two wins were against the Celtics when they were in a huge slump and Orlando thanks to a BS 3 second call.

Theres no way Boston or Cleveland will beat us in the finals, now Orlando, thats another story


Orlando won't, ''cause Jamir Nelson ain't there.. So we got a chance against those guys too.. Man, 63-17 and people think it's the end of the world.. Holy EFFING cow..
Image
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
User avatar
NWLakerfan

 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Socal native (Riverside), now the Seattle area...

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Radner on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Lakers3peat wrote:Theres no way Boston or Cleveland will beat us in the finals, now Orlando, thats another story


:man10:

Dude, Orlando relies on three pointing to win. I swear, if we played them, we would sweep them like the Rockets did.
Radner

 
Posts: 14094
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:53 am

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakers3peat on Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:54 pm

^Orlando only worries me because of there 3 point shooting and our lack-there-of 3 point defense
User avatar
Lakers3peat

 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:02 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.


Well then, go ahead and start watching baseball then.. What's the point right? You're a joke of a Laker fan..


No. You are a cocky "I am always right and my opinions are the only ones that matter" blow hard. And dumb at that. You sit there and say that the Lakers got outplayed tonight, that the officiating didn't decide it, and that they failed to hit clutch shots, as the reason for the loss. Your opinion and observations. I think they got homejobbed. So I am a joke of a fan, cause you say so? THAT is a joke. And so are your posts.

I can say that I don't see the Lakers winning against Cleveland because of the 2-3-2 set up, die hard fan or not. I am up at 1 am writing on this board because I love the lakers. I am so upset I won't sleep right because I will be playing those last possession over in my mind wishing they were done differently. You have no right to challenge my level of loyalty simply because I don't say that the Lakers are the best thing in the world and can beat everybody all the time. I happen to think that HCA is the MOST important thing to winning it all this year. The Cavs are a very good team, and if you thought those were bad call tonight, Bron's call are even worse in Cleveland. And with a homecourt edge should be favored over the Lakers in my mind -- esp since our role players struggle so on the road and in pressure situations. My opinion. My right. And I still love this team, but am not blinded by that love. Nor ignorant, like you.

Take your personal attack crap somewhere else.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakers3peat on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:05 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.


Well then, go ahead and start watching baseball then.. What's the point right? You're a joke of a Laker fan..


No. You are a cocky "I am always right and my opinions are the only ones that matter" blow hard. And dumb at that. You sit there and say that the Lakers got outplayed tonight, that the officiating didn't decide it, and that they failed to hit clutch shots, as the reason for the loss. Your opinion and observations. I think they got homejobbed. So I am a joke of a fan, cause you say so? THAT is a joke. And so are your posts.

I can say that I don't see the Lakers winning against Cleveland because of the 2-3-2 set up, die hard fan or not. I am up at 1 am writing on this board because I love the lakers. I am so upset I won't sleep right because I will be playing those last possession over in my mind wishing they were done differently. You have no right to challenge my level of loyalty simply because I don't say that the Lakers are the best thing in the world and can beat everybody all the time. I happen to think that HCA is the MOST important thing to winning it all this year. The Cavs are a very good team, and if you thought those were bad call tonight, Bron's call are even worse in Cleveland. And with a homecourt edge should be favored over the Lakers in my mind -- esp since our role players struggle so on the road and in pressure situations. My opinion. My right. And I still love this team, but am not blinded by that love. Nor ignorant, like you.

Take your personal attack crap somewhere else.


Woo hoo! east coast laker fans ftw=P
The only difference is that you probably dont have dial up so dont have to read play by play=P
User avatar
Lakers3peat

 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Woo hoo! east coast laker fans ftw=P
The only difference is that you probably dont have dial up so dont have to read play by play=P[/quote]


No I don't. Hope you don't either. I am such a "joke" of a Laker fan that I have both the DirectTV and on-line League Pass set ups, watch every single game, read virtually every post on this forum, subscribe to the LA Times, and spend thousands of dollars to see the Lakers when they play in Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, DC, and even Chicago at times.
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby NWLakerfan on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:48 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:
tigerjeterkobe wrote:This team matches up with us so well.

Once again Luke, Fisher, Jordan couldn't help at all.

I am not confident the Lakers can beat Portland in a series. They are younder, more athletic, and their guards (other than Kobe) are miles better.

Bigger picture -- if Cleveland wins the East, they are champs.

sorry -- 2 --3 --3 sucks. The Lakers will be lucky to win ONE in Cle. And they will not win all 3 at home in the middle. I love the Lakers. But my prediction is Cleveland in 7.


Well then, go ahead and start watching baseball then.. What's the point right? You're a joke of a Laker fan..


No. You are a cocky "I am always right and my opinions are the only ones that matter" blow hard. And dumb at that. You sit there and say that the Lakers got outplayed tonight, that the officiating didn't decide it, and that they failed to hit clutch shots, as the reason for the loss. Your opinion and observations. I think they got homejobbed. So I am a joke of a fan, cause you say so? THAT is a joke. And so are your posts.

I can say that I don't see the Lakers winning against Cleveland because of the 2-3-2 set up, die hard fan or not. I am up at 1 am writing on this board because I love the lakers. I am so upset I won't sleep right because I will be playing those last possession over in my mind wishing they were done differently. You have no right to challenge my level of loyalty simply because I don't say that the Lakers are the best thing in the world and can beat everybody all the time. I happen to think that HCA is the MOST important thing to winning it all this year. The Cavs are a very good team, and if you thought those were bad call tonight, Bron's call are even worse in Cleveland. And with a homecourt edge should be favored over the Lakers in my mind -- esp since our role players struggle so on the road and in pressure situations. My opinion. My right. And I still love this team, but am not blinded by that love. Nor ignorant, like you.

Take your personal attack crap somewhere else.



Whatever dude.. I've read enough of your pessimistic drivel all season long and HAD to pipe in my .02 cents. I just refuse to acknowledge in MF'ing April that we have no chance vs the Cavs in the Finals, IF either one of us get there.. We've gotten them once already in their house, no reason it can't be done again, more than once.. And until the last second of the clock runs out on the season, I'm still holding out hope, ignorant, blinded, whatever.. I'll surely acknowledge when they're playing utter dog crap, but during the course of a game, I'm not gonna waste my time getting on the board just to repeat what 10 or 12 others are repeating.. Sorry, but that's just me..

And personal attack huh? I called you a "joke" of a fan, you come back by calling me a "cocky blowhard", "ignorant" and "dumb".. Nice work... But no biggie, I could give a flyin EFF, it's just mindless words on the internet.. And guess what? I'll sleep like a motherEFFING baby tonight, because even though a loss like this sucks serious a$$ , but it's just a tough loss in a hostile environment at the end of a pretty damn successful regular season.. No need to lose sleep over it.. I used to do that for a game in February or March, but alot more crap in the world to lose sleep over, as much of a diehard as I myself am.. Game 4 of the NBA Finals after blowing a 24 point lead is one thing, but not in April during the regular season.. Not gonna happen on this end..

You just go your way, and I'll go mine.. And I'll leave the so-called "personal attacks" out of it..

Go Lakers, period..
Image
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
User avatar
NWLakerfan

 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Socal native (Riverside), now the Seattle area...

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakers3peat on Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:07 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Woo hoo! east coast laker fans ftw=P
The only difference is that you probably dont have dial up so dont have to read play by play=P



No I don't. Hope you don't either. I am such a "joke" of a Laker fan that I have both the DirectTV and on-line League Pass set ups, watch every single game, read virtually every post on this forum, subscribe to the LA Times, and spend thousands of dollars to see the Lakers when they play in Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, DC, and even Chicago at times.[/quote]

Man, im still in high school, i can't afford all the league passes.
User avatar
Lakers3peat

 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby bystander on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:57 am

A balance is needed between Gasol and Bynum. It's look like all the offence runs through one or another if they both are playing at the same time. The team plays better with only one on the court at the time.

Can't believe Pau only had 9 shots after a 27/19 night. And that is his fault too, He has to start acting like his status in the league, stop whining to the refs, hit some guy and get some T.
pearl jam - little wing/maggot brain

best 9:30 minutes of music of all time
User avatar
bystander

 
Posts: 6382
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Salamanca, Spain.

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lakers3peat on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:30 am

bystander wrote:A balance is needed between Gasol and Bynum. It's look like all the offence runs through one or another if they both are playing at the same time. The team plays better with only one on the court at the time.

Can't believe Pau only had 9 shots after a 27/19 night. And that is his fault too, He has to start acting like his status in the league, stop whining to the refs, hit some guy and get some T.


Yes, I Like Pau and all, but i hate how on every shot he yells
User avatar
Lakers3peat

 
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:32 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:52 am

NW. Thanks. Now that all said, I am not saying the Lakers have no chance. Of course they do. I am saying they have much much less of a chance than had they been able to hold onto HCA. And I may be wrong about tomorrow's game, but I think the Celts would have won had the Lakers won last night -- pressure on Cleveland. Now the Lakers are not favored in my mind if they face Cleveland -- esp cause of the 2-3-3 format. But you can be damn sure I will watch every minute and pull for them, and likely spend an insane amount of money to catch one of the games in Cleveland.

I am not a pessimist. I don't call early losses. But I -- just like you have -- call them out on dumb plays down the stretch, no-shows (like Farmar and Fish last night), and infurriating losses after blowing double digit leads (like last night, Indy, Philly, etc.). Regular season loss or not, it is tough to swallow home losses to the Bobcats and Philly when they are in such a tight race for HCA, and know how important it was last year. Had Bynum not gone down, this team would have 2 more wins. I am thrilled about the season, and development of Bynum and Ariza for the most part.

But the losses in Indy, against Philly, and at home in double OT to the Bobcats may cost them a title. MAY.

Look at it this way -- had the Lakers won HCA we would all be saying they are 80% or more likely to beat Cle in a finals series. Now, without HCA, I think it is more like 50% or less. Pointing out that drastic drop in their chances is being a realist. To me. Not a pessimist.

Anyway, thanks for taking the personal crap out of it. I enjoy debating opinions and reasoning. As do you.

Somthing tells me this race for HCA still is not over. If the Cavs lose to Boston tomorrow, those will be pressure packed games Cle has against Philly and Indy...just a gut feeling that it could still get interesting.

If the Cavs lose tomorrow, what do the Lakers do against Memphis?? Rest, or continue to apply pressure?????
tigerjeterkobe

 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:30 pm
Location: Buffalo

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby NWLakerfan on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:35 am

It's all good bro, water under the bridge.. We all want the same thing, and that's a Larry O'Brien Trophy back where it belongs.. And as much as I HATE Boston, I will root for them to come out of the East, not for HCA purposes, but because I want revenge for last year..

And like Kobe, F yeah I wanna see Portland in round two.. But we can't look past Utah in round one.. This could very well be a much tougher trip through the West this year than last year was.. Although if Denver get to the WC Finals, we'll take them in four or five no problem.. Gotta be one of the weaker #2 seeds you'll ever see..
Image
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
User avatar
NWLakerfan

 
Posts: 1177
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Socal native (Riverside), now the Seattle area...

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby RenePerezz on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:14 pm

WHY DOES LAMAR CONSTANYLY MAKE STUPID PLAYS AT CRITICAL TIMES????

HE DOES THIS EVERY YEAR...HE IS SOOOOOOOOOO STUPID!
User avatar
RenePerezz

 
Posts: 2310
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:22 pm

Re: Fri. 4/10 - Lakers @ Portland - Predictions & Comments

Postby Slade366 on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:06 pm

RenePerezz wrote:WHY DOES LAMAR CONSTANYLY MAKE STUPID PLAYS AT CRITICAL TIMES????

HE DOES THIS EVERY YEAR...HE IS SOOOOOOOOOO STUPID!

:freak2: :disagree:
Image
User avatar
Slade366

 
Posts: 501
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Anchorage,Alaska

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.