Fri. 12/31 - Lakers vs Sixers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 12/31 - Lakers vs Sixers - Predictions & Comments

Postby LakerFanIam on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:05 pm

Happy New Years Lakers Fans!!! :sing:
LakerFanIam

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:07 pm

earvinfr wrote:
Furious Laker wrote:I think the problem is these guys all think they are better than they are. They think they can play at 60% while other teams play at 100%.
No any team that plays against the champ always give more than 100%, that's what makes it so difficult to win during the regular season.

That's part of the problem, but the Lakers also make it difficult on themselves by not taking other teams seriously unless they're contenders. They escaped with a win tonight, but they might not be so lucky next time (see the game against the Pacers).
Thanks for the sig, Jr. Kobe.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:08 pm

LakerFanIam wrote:Happy New Years Lakers Fans!!! :sing:

Happy New Year, LakerFanIam. :jam2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:11 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:I'm glad the Lakers won, but I'm not happy it went down to the wire. Sure, the Sixers made some tough shots, but our team was up by 14. Kobe saved our behinds again. The Lakers didn't play good defense until they had to at the end. I just hope 2011 is another championship year for our team. Happy New Year.

I hear you bro. But the more I think about it the more it appears to be a mental thing which controls the physical realm. No hocus pocus but pure mind controlling the physical. Only Phil can tell us about the psych of raising a team to a 3 peat but that's what it is. When they start believing they are ubeatable and playing to prove that, only then will we see another title.... :jam2:
Last edited by Uncle_Meat on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle_Meat

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:11 pm

revgen wrote:Great game by Kobe. He looked more spry in this game.

The 76ers stayed in the game by making contested jumper after contested jumper, but couldn't make them at the end in the clutch.

He looked pretty good out there, and made some clutch shots for us. I hope that means the finger sprain on his left hand isn't serious. As for the Sixers, they were making tough shots, but our defense finally made them miss shots at the end. I just wish they had played better D earlier in the game.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:13 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
mamatheregoesthatman wrote:I'm glad the Lakers won, but I'm not happy it went down to the wire. Sure, the Sixers made some tough shots, but our team was up by 14. Kobe saved our behinds again. The Lakers didn't play good defense until they had to at the end. I just hope 2011 is another championship year for our team. Happy New Year.

I hear you bro. But the more I think about it the more it appears to be a mental thing which controls the physical realm. No hocus pocus but pure mind cotrolling the physical. Only Phil can tell us about the psych of raising a team to a 3 peat but that's what it is. When they start believing they are ubeatable and playing to prove that only then will we see another title.... :jam2:

I know, Uncle. Hopefully, this will be just be another "regular season" game when all is said and done, and the Lakers are on top again next year.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby lalfan on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 pm

well, i know they won the game, but has anyone noticed how the offense got stagnant in that final two possessions? it was all Kobe and 4 other lakers were just stood there and watch. it was so predictable. good thing Kobe scored on one of those two possessions, but no cutting, no feeding the low post when the game's on the line.
lalfan

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 pm

THE_LAKE_SHOW24 wrote:the only thing the man wants is another ring.
gotta love it :beer:

He's got his eyes on the prize. :jam2:

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby mamatheregoesthatman on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:17 pm

lalfan wrote:well, i know they won the game, but has anyone noticed how the offense got stagnant in that final two possessions? it was all Kobe and 4 other lakers were just stood there and watch. it was so predictable. good thing Kobe scored on one of those two possessions, but no cutting, no feeding the low post when the game's on the line.

Yeah, the team went into "stand around and watch Kobe go to work" mode on the offensive end. :man3: Oh well. A win is a win.

mamatheregoesthatman

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:25 pm

mamatheregoesthatman wrote:
lalfan wrote:well, i know they won the game, but has anyone noticed how the offense got stagnant in that final two possessions? it was all Kobe and 4 other lakers were just stood there and watch. it was so predictable. good thing Kobe scored on one of those two possessions, but no cutting, no feeding the low post when the game's on the line.

Yeah, the team went into "stand around and watch Kobe go to work" mode on the offensive end. :man3: Oh well. A win is a win.

Yes, this is a big concern for critical fans as you. A more agressive and confident team could have won. This is a major flaw and has to be addressed. The team doesn't do a good enough job to locate the person who can score and get them the ball. They just have to fall in line to the Kobe dictacted offense or do they? That's my beef and Phil is big enough to empower the others to play smarter and not feed Kobe when he sucks...
Uncle_Meat

Postby ybtherockstar on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 am

Didn't see the game but glad we won to bring in the new year :jam2:
ybtherockstar

Postby TT24 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:52 pm

ybtherockstar wrote:Didn't see the game but glad we won to bring in the new year :jam2:
TT24

Postby GoldHammish on Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:05 am

Caught the last 2 minutes during a Pokemon Stadium intermission. Glad we pulled it out :jam2:
GoldHammish

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday