Fri. 2/7 - Lakers @ Sixers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 2/7 - Lakers @ Sixers - Predictions & Comments

Postby LAKEROC on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:15 pm

F this crap. I love the Lakers to death, but these neanderthals are dumb. Why are you winning games? Why? Please stop!!! The goal is to get a top 3 pick. That is going to inject some life back in the city. a 8th or 9th pick, won't do crap. Tired of garbage picks, tired of the Lakers competing. Shut it down, and if you can't play without caring, then I want you gone this season! I only want to see players play, that can't shoot, can't play a lick of defense, and turn the ball over more times than the Kardashians are on a magazine cover!

Cleveland is going to beat Washington it looks like, so if we had lost last night, and tonight, we'd be right there for that third pick. I just don't understand how stupid of a human being one has to be, to not realize this?
LAKEROC

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:21 pm

Team Tank where are you? :man10: They got infected by the winbug :man10:
Uncle_Meat

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Team Tank where are you? :man10: They got infected by the winbug :man10:
This is not an endorsement for MDA.
Uncle_Meat

Postby unpossibl1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Ugh, this season is so frustrating. My fear from day 1 was that they would win enough to miss out on a superstar in the draft but not enough to make the playoffs, and here we are. Continuing down this road will set the franchise back YEARS. They cannot keep beating teams below them in the standings, it's completely counterproductive. We don't have a pick next year which means we get one shot at this, and one shot only.

The trade deadline can't come fast enough. Mitch needs to ship some of these guys out or else our shot at a good draft pick is as good as gone.
unpossibl1

Postby Weezy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:22 pm

I know right? Our guys should have thrown some passes out of bounds on purpose, threw up some hard shots off the backboard, anything to lose. :man4: Give me a freaking break, NBA players have pride, they don't throw games.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby unpossibl1 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Weezy wrote:I know right? Our guys should have thrown some passes out of bounds on purpose, threw up some hard shots off the backboard, anything to lose. :man4: Give me a freaking break, NBA players have pride, they don't throw games.

Of course they do, but that's where management and coaches need to step in. Let Marshall start and make mistakes but grow, find new homes for Blake, Pau, etc. They have to realize how badly this is going to hurt the team if they end up with say the 12th pick instead of top 3. The system is completely backwards and needs to be fixed. But for right now every game we win is a giant step back and could add years onto the rebuilding process. It's not right that the league is set up under a CBA that forces teams to be bad to get good, but that's reality right now.
unpossibl1

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:47 pm

It's not so much the players but the coach and the system. The current strategy hasn't shown a great track record aside these two road wins. Maybe when the better talent decides to show up they can prove they have what it takes to win but no one is holding their breath.
Uncle_Meat

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:03 pm

Uncle_Meat wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
karacha wrote:40 year old Nash and Blake make us too good.... they have to go. :man10:

If everyone on this team was 100% healthy, including Kobe, we'd be heading to the playoffs.

ive said this from jump. This team as constructed is easily a playoff team. Unfortunatetly the parts were constructed in China in a sweat shop cause most of the parts are breaking down this season.

LMAO! :man10:

:man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight