kray28 wrote:Being down 4 after another late second quarter double digit run by the Spurs is actually good.
Couple things I see:
1. Bynum getting pissed about the D is his usual passive-aggressive BS. His effort is garbage right now.
2. Kobe laying in the weeds a bit too much.
3. Transition D is horrible, but we dig our own hole by sparking runouts with bad shots.
4. Too many scrub minutes for Murph/McRib
5. Sessions is struggling with his injuries.
I see a complete dismantling of our perimeter defense... Kobe, MWP and Barnes are all out of position on just about every play.... We are scrambling all over the place yet no one seems to be within 5 feet of a SA player when the shot goes up.....
Bynum is rotating slowly and no one is helping him with Duncan.... he is getting caught in the middle of the paint while not really covering anyone.... just playing the paint....
Gasol is his usual slow to rotate in the team defense setting with the starters. However he was working well with Blake on the pick and roll in the second quarter.... mainly because it was Splitter/Neal..... not Duncan/Parker...
The ball has been stopping too much on offense and we went away from the post up game in the late second quarter for some reason.
Kobe doesn't look like he's back to 100% IMHO.... he's not running at full speed and has no lift whatsoever on his turnaround jumper or his face up jumper...... that doesn't bode well for us if he's not 100%