Postby Murdock on Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

fksteveblake wrote:
Weezy wrote:We could/should be up 2-1. :bang:

dammit weezy.

what dammit? he is absolutely right ...
Murdock

Re: Fri 5/18 - Lakers vs Thunder - Game 3 - Predictions/Comments

Postby Forward Three on Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

This game was too much for me. I don't even know if I will be able to watch tomorrow. I'm very concerned that Kobe and the lakers are going to be completely spent, but if the basketball gods are favorable, maybe the Thunder will be somewhat out of sorts as well. If it is another low scoring slugfest, I like LA's chances. Really makes the game 2 loss sting though.
Forward Three

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri May 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Ok honestly speaking...there was something weird about this game towards the end....did it seem like we got a ton of calls or was that just me? I always think that we don't get ENOUGH calls...but I feel like without those calls, we probably don't win the game...i didn't see much "shot making" from us....we just got a lot of calls and made our free throws. What do you guys think honestly? (Given that we NEVER get calls like that ever...i'd like to think the refs are making up for all the calls they never gave us...plus the Thunder were getting the same amount of calls too?)
FabFourLakers

Postby trodgers on Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Well for those ragging on Bynum.... he tipped the ball away from Perkins to Pau for an offensive board that ended in Kobe's game leading free throws. On the next defensive possession he completely disrupted their play above the 3 point line and then retreated and made Ibaka shoot a fade away shot that he missed....

Don't show up in the box score but huge plays...

He's clutch. He stepped it up big time down the stretch.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Back-to-back is bulls***, F U Stern.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Weezy on Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Murdock wrote:
fksteveblake wrote:

dammit weezy.

And I believe it's going to cost us the series ultimately, back to back playoff games against them, going to be HARD to win tomorrow.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm

good job steve blake hitting some huge shots for the lakers down the stretch
Maluco Beleza

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri May 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Murdock wrote:
fksteveblake wrote:

dammit weezy.

i know. but it made me feel crappy, and i just started to enjoy this win :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby baddmann28 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Ok honestly speaking...there was something weird about this game towards the end....did it seem like we got a ton of calls or was that just me? I always think that we don't get ENOUGH calls...but I feel like without those calls, we probably don't win the game...i didn't see much "shot making" from us....we just got a lot of calls and made our free throws. What do you guys think honestly? (Given that we NEVER get calls like that ever...i'd like to think the refs are making up for all the calls they never gave us...plus the Thunder were getting the same amount of calls too?)

You mean kind of like the series with the Queens, LOL?

I was thinking the same thing, we got a TON of calls down the stretch.
baddmann28

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:Ok honestly speaking...there was something weird about this game towards the end....did it seem like we got a ton of calls or was that just me? I always think that we don't get ENOUGH calls...but I feel like without those calls, we probably don't win the game...i didn't see much "shot making" from us....we just got a lot of calls and made our free throws. What do you guys think honestly? (Given that we NEVER get calls like that ever...i'd like to think the refs are making up for all the calls they never gave us...plus the Thunder were getting the same amount of calls too?)

man Harden was all over Kobe holding and grabbing him. those calls were warranted come on
Maluco Beleza

Postby noobiew on Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm

We have to keep moving on, let win tomorrow game as well !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Ariza3 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm

kobe 38 mins
Pau 36 mins
Drew 40 mins
MWP 38mins

Sesh ONLY 28 mins (IDK why he didnt play the 4th but he should have a TON of energy left for game 4)

MB better explain to sesh why after he played awesome and attacked that he didnt play the 4th so that he still remains confident and comes into game 4 ready and even more aggressive
Ariza3

Postby laker911 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 pm

18/18 from the free throw line for Kobe. NOICE!
laker911

Postby snackdaddy on Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 pm

Any chance Brown will give guys like McBob and Murph some minutes to spell the starters a little? Not like they can do worse than Barnes.

If Barnes continues to play like that, the bench is only two deep with Blake and Hill. I would consider putting McBob in there for a few minutes and even Murph to see if he can make some jumpers.
snackdaddy

Postby Bill_1989 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:41 pm

There was one call on Harden that resulted in FTs for Bryant that was extremely weak, but outside of that, I thought it was called fairly. I mean, Harden himself gets to the line a ridiculous amount on some questionable calls.

No, the Lakers would not have won without the calls, but that doesn't mean they were the wrong calls. The Thunder are a very physical team.
Bill_1989

Postby JGC on Fri May 18, 2012 10:42 pm

Rooscooter wrote:Well for those ragging on Bynum.... he tipped the ball away from Perkins to Pau for an offensive board that ended in Kobe's game leading free throws. On the next defensive possession he completely disrupted their play above the 3 point line and then retreated and made Ibaka shoot a fade away shot that he missed....

Don't show up in the box score but huge plays...

Yeah. He shot bad from the field but he rebounded and made his FTs.
JGC

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri May 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:

man Harden was all over Kobe holding and grabbing him. those calls were warranted come on

I feel you completely but SOME of the calls were VERY questionable....it just seemed like we got a lot more calls than usual. Something just felt weird man....but I'm glad we won. Hopefully the back to back doesn't kill us and it ends up hurting the THUNDER more since the Lakers can technically be at their respective homes and be comfortable in their own arena whereas the Thunder have to stay at hotels and not be in the comfort of their homes and all....I don't want this to end in 5....at least take it to 6 gms.
FabFourLakers

Postby Murdock on Fri May 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Weezy wrote:
Murdock wrote:

And I believe it's going to cost us the series ultimately, back to back playoff games against them, going to be HARD to win tomorrow.

And I agree with you ... we can't win in OK and win all our home games especially with next one being back-to-back
Murdock

Postby jayy_zee on Fri May 18, 2012 10:51 pm

U could argue 3 of hardens fouls on Kobe were very questionable especiallythe one late in the fourth when they were battling for position,and Lakers got away with a lot 50-50 calls that just weren't called, but they got away with a few as well.
jayy_zee

Postby Ariza3 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 pm

better see ebanks get mins over barnes in game 4! bc barnes was useless and pathetic.

not only can ebanks hit that midrange or drive but he can also defend durant long enough to give mwp rest.

mb better do this or else bc there is NO reason to give barnes another chance on such a crucial game. let barnes recover/whatever
Ariza3

Postby Bill_1989 on Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 pm

I'm just happy that tomorrow's game means something now. The series would have been over, but if the Lakers can just eke one out tomorrow, it's a legitimate series.

It's a damn shame they choked away Game 2.

And I agree with the guy who said Ebanks deserves time. With fatigue likely being a big factor in the back to back, why not bring a few other guys into the fold (Ebanks instead of Barnes, for example). Barnes has been horrible anyway.
Bill_1989

Postby dj vitus on Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 pm

RushDelivery wrote:
trodgers wrote:1. We know exactly how to beat this team, and we know that we can follow through.

2. We are not a worse team than these guys.

Hell of a job, Lakers!

My greatest fear for tomorrow's game is fatigue. The Lakers are going to be extremely tired, and I really hope they can keep up and find a way to win Game 4.

Just pull a Kobe and give everyone IV's. :man10:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby TSpence26 on Sat May 19, 2012 1:14 am

I know game 2 sucked but if we would of closed that out I think we would of dropped the ball tonight... so this is what I expected... down 2-1... game 4 is at home and we've done this before... ala Spurs/Lakers 2004 Conf. Semis...

being down 0-2, taking the next 2 at home, stealing a game 5 and then closing the door game 6
TSpence26

Postby denimPortugal on Sat May 19, 2012 5:04 am

Great Win guys...but tonight is the night: If we win, we have legit chances to take the series!!
Let's Go my LAL! :jam2:

(F... you James 'Taliban' Harden, R. Westbrick... :man2: )
denimPortugal

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday