Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Exonyte on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:16 pm

duhon is so confident with his 3's - i like that. and he hits a lot of them too
User avatar
Exonyte

 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Toronto

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby caliown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

The 2nd Qtr was late 90's Clipper basketball
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
User avatar
caliown

 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2003 1:33 pm

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.


Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm

ITS NOT OVER! :man9: :man9:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby escobar8 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm

ratata lil bit to late...
User avatar
escobar8

 
Posts: 9768
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:35 am
Location: Croatia

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby noobiew on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Durant got so many FT's, no wonder why he is the league top scorer lol
Last edited by noobiew on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
User avatar
noobiew

 
Posts: 5654
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:55 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:18 pm

Why cant it be breen who lost his voice :bang: :bang:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jellincon on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm

JGC wrote:
Jellincon wrote:JGC

No. You were talking about this season. You said "And this is really the only "good" team we have played so far". "So far" would mean your judgement is based off what has happened "so far" this season. That statement is not true because we've played the Spurs "so far" this season and we lost to them 82-84. That's not a blowout.


Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was talking about this team recently. In fact, what I said originally was "there is nothing in recent history to suggest we are remotely capable of this". (This being making a comeback). Maybe you missed that part because I was discussing that with someone else.

You're right about the Spurs this season though, they are a good team. But I never said we ALWAYS get blown out by good teams. It just seems like recently, when we play good teams we have a tendency to get blown out. Case in point in the last 3 games against the Spurs we've lost by 2, 24, and 14.

When we played the Clippers we lost by 10 this year. Won 2 games but lost by 18 last year.

We'll probably lose by double digits to OKC tonight, won one game last year, but lost the other two by 9 and 15.

See what I'm saying?


But that's why I brought up the Spurs game. We went in to the 4th trailing (albeit by 1pt) and even though we lost, at least we kept the game close enough to get a chance to win the game. That's at least 1 game in recent memory where we were remotely capable of making a comeback against a good team.
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm

The Duhon / Meeks / Kobe / D12 lineup I like.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.


Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.


Man, if we could only take out quarters, we could have beaten the Grizz too! =)
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby LakeShow09 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Dammitt Meeks, why is anyone shooting besides Kobe!! :man12: :man12:
User avatar
LakeShow09

 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:20 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

That's game. Goodnight ladies.
LAKERS-4-LIFE
User avatar
Lqv2015

 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:59 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Meeks quick hitting 3, steal by Meeks, quick 3, steal by Meeks, fakes the shot, hits Howard for an alley oop slam. Lakers win.

I wish.

In reality: Meeks lobs one into the third row. Lakers lose.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Well they fought back but that 2nd qtr with WB on fire killed us.
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18061
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

HEY LOOK AT THE BOXSCORE. WHAT A CLOSE GAME. :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby trodgers on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 pm

Doc Brown wrote:The Duhon / Meeks / Kobe / D12 lineup I like.

They are dangerous.
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46636
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lqv2015 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:HEY LOOK AT THE BOXSCORE. WHAT A CLOSE GAME. :man10:


Doomsday material. :man10:
LAKERS-4-LIFE
User avatar
Lqv2015

 
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:59 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm

JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.


Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.


Man, if we could only take out quarters, we could have beaten the Grizz too! =)


OOOOhhh that was a good one. Last time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jellincon on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

At least we didn't lose by double digits. :man12:
Jellincon

 
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

You know, even though we lost, i'm not really mad like I usually am. I saw them compete down to the buzzer, for 48 mins regardless of the score. I liked that. Thats something that can help them from now on this season.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

King of Clutch wrote:maybe this loss, even though its a loss, can spark something. Because I saw some passion from alot of our teammates...


lakers-discussion/the-optimistic-thread-t135948.html

:man10: only kidding, but I do agree, the fight in the end showed they really wanted to win & hopefully they can build on that fire. No Nash/Pau, I'm proud of the finish
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Jellincon wrote:
JGC wrote:
Jellincon wrote:JGC

No. You were talking about this season. You said "And this is really the only "good" team we have played so far". "So far" would mean your judgement is based off what has happened "so far" this season. That statement is not true because we've played the Spurs "so far" this season and we lost to them 82-84. That's not a blowout.


Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was talking about this team recently. In fact, what I said originally was "there is nothing in recent history to suggest we are remotely capable of this". (This being making a comeback). Maybe you missed that part because I was discussing that with someone else.

You're right about the Spurs this season though, they are a good team. But I never said we ALWAYS get blown out by good teams. It just seems like recently, when we play good teams we have a tendency to get blown out. Case in point in the last 3 games against the Spurs we've lost by 2, 24, and 14.

When we played the Clippers we lost by 10 this year. Won 2 games but lost by 18 last year.

We'll probably lose by double digits to OKC tonight, won one game last year, but lost the other two by 9 and 15.

See what I'm saying?


But that's why I brought up the Spurs game. We went in to the 4th trailing (albeit by 1pt) and even though we lost, at least we kept the game close enough to get a chance to win the game. That's at least 1 game in recent memory where we were remotely capable of making a comeback against a good team.


Yes I know. And against Sacramento, Dwight shot 75% (3-4) from the free throw line.

But nothing in recent history suggests he's capable of shooting a high percentage.

I'm not sure in how many ways I can say the same thing but, I never said or implied that we NEVER make it close. I was just saying that it felt like against good teams, it is not uncommon for us to get blown out and from the scores I posted above, you can see why it felt that way.

Let me try another way. It has gotten to the point now, when we play a really good team, that is doesn't surprise me if we get blown out. I'm not left dumbfounded. Even if we only lost by 2 to the Spurs once.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

And DWIGHT!! If he can play like that in the post consistently, and when nash gets back, that could really improve this team.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.


Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.


Man, if we could only take out quarters, we could have beaten the Grizz too! =)


OOOOhhh that was a good one. Last time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.


When was the last time you heard that?!?!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Exonyte on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

that 2nd quarter killed us or we would've had the game. it was really depressing to watch when okc made that run, but you guys gotta be satisfied with our unwillingness to quit. that duhon-meeks-kobe-d12 lineup at the end was pretty nice. meeks with nice plays down the stretch too
User avatar
Exonyte

 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:41 am
Location: Toronto

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.