LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 pm

JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.

Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.

Man, if we could only take out quarters, we could have beaten the Grizz too! =)

OOOOhhh that was a good one. Last time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Jellincon on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

At least we didn't lose by double digits. :man12:
Jellincon

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

You know, even though we lost, i'm not really mad like I usually am. I saw them compete down to the buzzer, for 48 mins regardless of the score. I liked that. Thats something that can help them from now on this season.
King of Clutch

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

King of Clutch wrote:maybe this loss, even though its a loss, can spark something. Because I saw some passion from alot of our teammates...

lakers-discussion/the-optimistic-thread-t135948.html

:man10: only kidding, but I do agree, the fight in the end showed they really wanted to win & hopefully they can build on that fire. No Nash/Pau, I'm proud of the finish

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:22 pm

Jellincon wrote:
JGC wrote:
Jellincon wrote:JGC

No. You were talking about this season. You said "And this is really the only "good" team we have played so far". "So far" would mean your judgement is based off what has happened "so far" this season. That statement is not true because we've played the Spurs "so far" this season and we lost to them 82-84. That's not a blowout.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I was talking about this team recently. In fact, what I said originally was "there is nothing in recent history to suggest we are remotely capable of this". (This being making a comeback). Maybe you missed that part because I was discussing that with someone else.

You're right about the Spurs this season though, they are a good team. But I never said we ALWAYS get blown out by good teams. It just seems like recently, when we play good teams we have a tendency to get blown out. Case in point in the last 3 games against the Spurs we've lost by 2, 24, and 14.

When we played the Clippers we lost by 10 this year. Won 2 games but lost by 18 last year.

We'll probably lose by double digits to OKC tonight, won one game last year, but lost the other two by 9 and 15.

See what I'm saying?

But that's why I brought up the Spurs game. We went in to the 4th trailing (albeit by 1pt) and even though we lost, at least we kept the game close enough to get a chance to win the game. That's at least 1 game in recent memory where we were remotely capable of making a comeback against a good team.

Yes I know. And against Sacramento, Dwight shot 75% (3-4) from the free throw line.

But nothing in recent history suggests he's capable of shooting a high percentage.

I'm not sure in how many ways I can say the same thing but, I never said or implied that we NEVER make it close. I was just saying that it felt like against good teams, it is not uncommon for us to get blown out and from the scores I posted above, you can see why it felt that way.

Let me try another way. It has gotten to the point now, when we play a really good team, that is doesn't surprise me if we get blown out. I'm not left dumbfounded. Even if we only lost by 2 to the Spurs once.
JGC

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

And DWIGHT!! If he can play like that in the post consistently, and when nash gets back, that could really improve this team.
King of Clutch

Postby JGC on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:That 2nd quarter killed us. :bang:

Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.

Take out the 2nd quarter and we are winning by 8. Gotta clean it up, so that we can take a team's best shot, but not get beatdown as bad.

OOOOhhh that was a good one. Last time I heard that, I laughed so hard I fell off my dinosaur.

When was the last time you heard that?!?!
JGC

Postby Exonyte on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 pm

that 2nd quarter killed us or we would've had the game. it was really depressing to watch when okc made that run, but you guys gotta be satisfied with our unwillingness to quit. that duhon-meeks-kobe-d12 lineup at the end was pretty nice. meeks with nice plays down the stretch too
Exonyte

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:24 pm

JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
JGC wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
trodgers wrote:Can't give up 41 points in a Q, 67 in a half, and expect to win.

When was the last time you heard that?!?!

Not in recent history. :man12:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:maybe this loss, even though its a loss, can spark something. Because I saw some passion from alot of our teammates...

lakers-discussion/the-optimistic-thread-t135948.html

:man10: only kidding, but I do agree, the fight in the end showed they really wanted to win & hopefully they can build on that fire. No Nash/Pau, I'm proud of the finish

:man10: LOL! But yea, u see where i'm coming from.
King of Clutch

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday