Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby Weezy on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 pm

Friday, December 7th
Live: 6:30 PM PST
TV: TWC SportsNet, ESPN
Radio: KSPN-AM 710/KWKW-AM 1330
Online Radio Link: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?s=la

Post all your comments here...

Don't forget to read through the CL Guidelines concerning personal attacks and swearing.

Dun dun dun! Honestly have no idea what to expect this game, could be a close one we pull out or barely lose, could be them beating us down.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Re: Fri. 12/7 - Lakers @ Thunder - Predictions & Comments

Postby noobiew on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:21 pm

Statement game !
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:20 pm

We'll stay with them in the 1st half ... after that they will either blow us in the 3rd or this is coming down to the wire ...

I'm interested in seeing what Dwight can do on the high PNR and see if he can bother Westbrook on those midrange Js ... which killed us last season
wcsoldier81

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:29 pm

hope for the best...expect the worst
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Phat$haq on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Lakers win. Book it.
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Postby dneprovec on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:16 pm

Lakers by 20 :man4: :jam2: :jam2:
dneprovec

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:11 am

winning without Nash, Pau, and Blake would mean a whole lot to our fan base that's for sure. :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:27 am

Too many defensive lapses. And too much energy putting pressure on our bench guys. I would love to be wrong, but this team has been playing really well lately, and the Lakers have no identity.

Kobe facilitating like Kobenash, Dwight beasting and Ron on his game against Durant could give us a chance. Can Morris slow down Westbrook?? Doubt it.

We all expect a 15 point loss.

Name a team (besides the Heat) who could win in OKC without their starting PG and starting PF? There aren't any. We have been playing without our starting PG and back up PG the whole season, essentially.

Would Brooklyn win consistently without D. Will? Clipps without Paul AND Bledsoe? Boston without Rondo? Look at the Bulls without Rose. Cleveland without Kyrie. Wiz without JW. Not saying that Nash (at this stage) is as good as Rose, Paul, Rondo, or D. Will -- but he is that important to getting guys easy looks in rhythm and taking the ball away from Kobe. If we are just above 500 when he returns, that won't be such a terrible thing, esp with Gasol now out.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby TrillyandTruly on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:27 pm

I think it'll be a really close game. I have a feeling we'll play great ball for the first half, with a double digit lead. By the end of the 3rd quarter, it'll be a tie game but we'll pick it back up in the 4th quarter. Lakers by 6 :jam2:
My entourage is in camouflage; remove your mask, let down your visage...
TrillyandTruly

Postby King of Clutch on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm

CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC! My heart can't handle much more heartbreak. Lol. But regardless of the outcome, i'll be looking for the D on westbrook. In pnr, drives, and mid range jumpers. He seemed to be more of a problem for us than durant last year. Durant can get his, but I want to see how we do against westbrook with dwight in town. And how he handles their bigs. Last year ours got dominated by theirs.

To sum it up, see what dwight has changed. Also, gasol may play, but I hope he either comes off the bench or doesn't. Because Iwant to see how jamison effects ibaka. Last finals, battier gave ibaka fits with him having to run out to the 3 to contest. This could also help us. We already know what to expect from the gasol-ibaka matchup. I always want us to win. So I don't see us losing.
King of Clutch

Postby Uncle_Meat on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:27 pm

It's about D. Westbrook is a beeotch to guard. How to own Westbrook and Durant? No way. It's one or the other. Still the D has to show consistency which hasn't been to apparent lately.

Maybe it will be OKC falling into a trap game. Can you imagine that?
Uncle_Meat

Postby Nashty Gal on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 pm

I have no idea how's it going down :freak2:

The Black Mamba and the White Swan
Kobe on talk with Pau about being more aggressive, "it's against his nature, he's always very nice, very white swan, I need him to be black swan"

http://www.thesexysaxman.com
Nashty Gal

Postby Phat$haq on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:09 am

tigerjeterkobe wrote:We all expect a 15 point loss.

Who is We?
Basketball is my religion. Staples Center is my temple. Kobe Bryant is my leader. Laker fans are my brothers.
Phat$haq

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 am

Phat$haq wrote:

Who is We?

Ummm. Anyone who thinks about this without homer goggles on.

The Lakers have trouble on the road. Have trouble closing out games. Have trouble with young, athletic, fast-paced teams. Struggle against quick and explosive point guards. OKC has one of the best home records in the NBA in recent years. OKC loves to beat LA more than any other. OKC is on a roll lately.

Oh, and the Lakers are playing without their starting PG, starting PF, and back up PG.

You really "expect" LA to win??????? "Hope" is fine. Expecting a win, or even a close game, is, to me, irrational. But.....flame away
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:42 am

This is a game that can definitely spark something within this team if we can get the W. I'm not very optimistic about this game, especially with Nash and potentially Pau out but I still believe we have the talent needed to win.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 pm

Is Gasol playing? It is up to him. Not the trainers. Don't know why he would chose to sit this one out. Unless he plans to take a few weeks off.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby XXIV on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:24 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:Is Gasol playing? It is up to him. Not the trainers. Don't know why he would chose to sit this one out. Unless he plans to take a few weeks off.

If he's really set on getting healthy that's why he would choose to sit this one out. There was no reason for him to not play for two games and then suddenly come back, knee tendinitis does not heal that quickly.
XXIV

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:42 pm

I don't know. At his age, with his mileage, it will probably never fully heal. I am no doctor. But if he sits out a month or more, he may feel better for a few weeks, but then by April or May he will be back to flaring up again, no?

Whatever, just trade him....please.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:49 pm

I just did some research. Runners get this often. Sometimes it returns, sometimes it doesn't. But to fully 100% heal it commonly takes weeks, if not months. :bang:
tigerjeterkobe

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:09 pm

I'll have the game recorded because I have to attend this review session for one of my Final's on Monday. I pray that nobody during the review session tells me the score, how the game is going, or the final score so I can take it all in when I get back home tonight while reading the in game comment in this thread.
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:12 pm

The Lakers go to the Movies

What's a basketball team to do on an off day in Oklahoma City?

The Los Angeles Lakers made the most of one on Thursday, combining a trip to the movies with a history lesson by going to see Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln."

In jest, Kobe Bryant said the team certainly could use a history lesson or two.

"I don’t know what kids are studying in history class nowadays," Bryant said. "I don’t know. I know we studied Lincoln. I don’t know how many guys on the team actually knew who he was (laughing). So, I think it lent some good historical perspective."

Bryant went on to extend the joke and took another playful shot at some of his younger teammates when a reporter asked him if his teammates knew about Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth, before seeing the film.

"I’d be curious to see, if you took a poll, who knew," Bryant said. "Maybe it came as a great shock to them that Lincoln died at the end of the film."

Dwight Howard said that the American history lesson was lost on his Canadian teammate, Steve Nash.

"I know Steve fell asleep at one point," Howard said after shootaround on Friday. "He was snoring super loud. Actually there was a guy who looked just like Steve in the movie. But, it was a pretty good movie. I liked it. I learned a lot about how Abraham and everybody else abolished slavery. It was pretty good. It was very informative. Just long. Really no action."

When told about Bryant's quip about his teammates not knowing who the guy on the $5 dollar bill was, Howard smiled and said, "I wouldn't be surprised."

All jokes aside, several Lakers players give the film high marks.

"We've watched "Lincoln"! Very good movie! It describes one of the most important moments in the history of the USA. Highly recommended!" wrote Pau Gasol on Twitter.

Added Bryant: "It was cool. I enjoyed it. Daniel Day Lewis’ performance was incredible. Sally Fields was incredible. It had an all-star cast. It was well done."

Gasol also tweeted on Thursday that the movie would be a good team bonding experience, but Bryant wasn't so sure.

"I guess," Bryant said. "You get in the movie theater and everybody just kind of is set in their own corners anyway."

Dave McMenamin covers the Lakers for ESPNLosAngeles.com.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lak ... the-movies
Battle Tested20

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:40 pm

:man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Uncle_Meat on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

tigerjeterkobe wrote:
Phat$haq wrote:

Who is We?

Ummm. Anyone who thinks about this without homer goggles on.

You really "expect" LA to win??????? "Hope" is fine. Expecting a win, or even a close game, is, to me, irrational. But.....flame away

Flame off. This is looking like a train wreck but stranger things have happened. Can't imagine OKC with their wheels falling off.
Uncle_Meat

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Shock the world and pull off a win tonight! :jam2:
Lakerjones

Postby dj vitus on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Lakers shoot lights out, OKC has no answer. Win by 11. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday