10-16 fg
2-2 3pt
5-7 ft
12 reb
4 assists
4 steals
1 block

http://www.nba.com/games/20041112/LALORL/boxscore.html

And to go along with Grant's stats... Pat Garrity was an all-star tonight.

22 points
4 rebounds
3 assists
5-7 from the 3 point line.

Yeah, but to see Grant do that once again is an awesome thing. He was doing that so many times pre-injury. Makes me very happy as a big time Grant Hill fan.

GuRu wrote:[
turkeyglue - 26

ridonculous[/b]

He can score in the season. It's the post season that troubles him and Peja, sadly.
Last edited by grego on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby BDG on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:35 pm

jimbo327 wrote:James Worthy just called out Kareem Rush on KCAL. He said Rush has the wrong attitude because his contract didn't get picked up which resulted in his DNP tonight. What's up with that kid? He needs to work his butt off to get on another team, if that.

Haha.
I couldn't agree more with James Worthy.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby gill on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:35 pm

hoopschick03 wrote:
gill wrote:Total rebounds: Lakers - 30, Magic - 50

Offensive Rebounds: Lakers - 5, Magic - 16. 16 to freakin' 5!!! And to top it off, 122 points given up in regulation.

This is unsettling. All of our losses have been brutal with the lack of defense. If we want to make a playoffs, management better have something up their sleeve and start working on bringing a defensive minded big man or two.

If we're giving up 50 rebounds, I expect to see Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, or Ben Wallace in the other uniform. Who the (Bleep) does Orlando have that they get 50 rebounds to our 30??

By far the worst loss so far. Ad we've had a couple of bad ones already.

We scored 113 points, and got our butts handed to us by a team without a legitimate established big man. Unreal.

I know it's early, but this is a problem that needs to be dealt with NOW, otherwise it will spiral out of control. In an offense starved NBA we scored 113 points and still lost. Unacceptable.

I agree. Yes we're still young, yes there's work to be done. But you can't help to be disappointed. All of our losses have been due to lack of rebounding and defense resulting in lopsided losses. It's very obvious something's gotta be done to address those problems or else, this will the only thing that's consistent for our team this season. We'll be lottery bound if this keeps up.

Frustrating night. Only thing that will cheer me up NBA wise is if my other team, the Raptors, win tonight against Seattle.
gill

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:36 pm

Good effort from the guys, although we fell short.

I hate that we blew a big lead in this one, though. But young teams, teams that are feeling each other out, they will do that.

We do need more rebounding and more of a defensive presence.

On offense, I'd like to see more passing and ball movement.

Just a sidebar, who thinks this team as currently constituted would actually be a good fit for the triangle offense?
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Shobe on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:36 pm

Guys, lets face it, we all love and will always love our lakers. But this is just going to be a very, very long and somewhat dissappointing season. Kobe can not do this all alone, we need more scorers and players to help Kobe. Its going to be extremely tough just to make the playoffs. Eventhough Kobe is the greatest in the league, he can't do it himself.
Shobe

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:36 pm

jimbo327 wrote:James Worthy just called out Kareem Rush on KCAL. He said Rush has the wrong attitude because his contract didn't get picked up which resulted in his DNP tonight. What's up with that kid? He needs to work his butt off to get on another team, if that.

Haha.
Damn I missed that. I have noticed that Kareem hasnt been playing that much since the season started. I thought it was because of his injury.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby hoopschick03 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Haha.

Rush better get it together before he finds a permanant spot on the IR. Then who the heck is gonna see him then??
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

^ Nah, he's bummed about the contract. That's what I'm hearing.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Unemployed on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

4 magic players with 20+ points and not to mention Cuttino Mobely, who usually plays well against the lakers didn't even play! outrebounded 45-29! Please Karl Come back! And Brian Cook maybe able to shoot, but he cannot do anything else at all.
"It's an honor to wear the Yellow and Gold"
-Lamar Odom
Unemployed

Postby Supastas on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Haha.

Exactly, he wants out of the NBA...

Seriously though he absolutely hast he wrong attitude. You're supposed to play harder when a team doesn't pick up your contract. Show them you can play in practice, maximize any time received on the floor. In terms of the latter, he has looked terrible in the time received on the floor.
Supastas

Postby gill on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Shobe wrote:Guys, lets face it, we all love and will always love our lakers. But this is just going to be a very, very long and somewhat dissappointing season. Kobe can not do this all alone, we need more scorers and players to help Kobe. Its going to be extremely tough just to make the playoffs. Eventhough Kobe is the greatest in the league, he can't do it himself.

Scorers are not the problem. We had several other guys in double figures. Even Chucky came up big in the points department. We actually shot the ball pretty good tonight at 47%.

It's on the other end of the floor that we need help on. Rebounding and defense is the main issue with this team right now.
Last edited by gill on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gill

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:37 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:Guys show patience! We are still very young and our offense went pretty well! THe last games we had problem offensively and defensively! Now we have only defense problems! There is a progression! As i told they need time and actually they need 40-50 games! It could be to late but thats rebuilding! You cannot expect great games and domination by a very young team where no body knows each other! Orlando shot 11-20 from downtown and thats great! We will learn to play the game! Actually i´m happy Kobe is not bothered by has injury and thats much more important than every loss! In worst case we will miss the playoffs and come back stronger next year! I´m ok with that as long as i know we have potential and we can come back stronger!

The Magic are the same...no younger than us...almost all new players. NO EXCUSES for losing.
MarkMadsen

Postby Crono0801 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:38 pm

kobe played a good 2nd half but not too many other Lakers did :bang:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

gill wrote:
Shobe wrote:Guys, lets face it, we all love and will always love our lakers. But this is just going to be a very, very long and somewhat dissappointing season. Kobe can not do this all alone, we need more scorers and players to help Kobe. Its going to be extremely tough just to make the playoffs. Eventhough Kobe is the greatest in the league, he can't do it himself.

Scorers are not the problem. We had several other guys in double figures. Even Chucky came up big in the points department. It's on the other end of the floor that we need help on. Rebounding and defense is the main issue with this team right now.

Yes, absolutely, rebounding and defense are the problem. We can win games with rebounding and defense even if offensively we're not clicking. We scored over 100 points and still lost because we gave up too many rebounds and too many points.
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

NawlinsLakerFan wrote:Good effort from the guys, although we fell short.

I hate that we blew a big lead in this one, though. But young teams, teams that are feeling each other out, they will do that.

Just a sidebar, who thinks this team as currently constituted would actually be a good fit for the triangle offense?
I dont think this team would be good for the triangle offense. To run it you need a post presence actually two. We dont have that. Unless we ran it like the Bulls did and have it go through Kobe on every possesion.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby RHCP on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

Plain and simple we need to step it up on the defensive end on and the board. We pretty much need Karl and Divac back.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby BDG on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

Wow I have just lost even more respect for Phil

He basically just blamed last year's finals loss on Kobe on LTV.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Supastas on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:39 pm

gill wrote:
grego wrote:Grant Hill with an impressive line. :jam2:

38 minutes
27 points
10-16 fg
2-2 3pt
5-7 ft
12 reb
4 assists
4 steals
1 block

http://www.nba.com/games/20041112/LALORL/boxscore.html

And to go along with Grant's stats... Pat Garrity was an all-star tonight.

22 points
4 rebounds
3 assists
5-7 from the 3 point line.

Heh, Lamar Odom had to manage between guarding Garrity on the three point line and getting rebounds. Neither worked.
Supastas

Postby Crono0801 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Wow I have just lost even more respect for Phil

damn I should've stayed watching LTV :bang: :bang: :bang:

Yeah I agree it was all SnitchDevils fault :man9: :man9: :man9:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby lalfan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 pm

i haven't seen the game but i figured it was just like the memphis game team ran up n down on us and hitting wide open shots. this year's laker team seems lack the competing desire, i don't know if that was caused by new teammates intimidated by kobe just that i don't see the fire in odom and butler's eyes like they were playing for miami.
lalfan

Postby NawlinsLakerFan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 pm

???????????

I'm sorry Phil, let's get over last year eh? THE WHOLE TEAM lost last year's finals, not one player... It's a sore spot with me too but I've moved on and it's a new year...
NawlinsLakerFan

Postby gill on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:41 pm

Furious D wrote:
NawlinsLakerFan wrote:Good effort from the guys, although we fell short.

I dont think this team would be good for the triangle offense. To run it you need a post presence actually two. We dont have that. Unless we ran it like the Bulls did and have it go through Kobe on every possesion.

Grant's the only post presence we have. Mihm is a working project on that aspect of the game. I suggested they start using Odom on the post but that's been shot down around here by fellow CL members and fans (with good reasons too)
gill

Postby gill on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:43 pm

Phil also mentioned on PTI that Detroit wasn't the best team last year and that they won't repeat as Champions this year.

Get over it buddy! I sense someone's upset at not beating Auerbach's record.
gill

Postby lalfan on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:44 pm

we need outside shooting bad, butler, odom, akin are not pure shooters, we need someone who can just stand around the premiter and wait for kobe's pass when he's been double teamed, simplies the offense, we got too many athelets on the team and not enough shooters.
lalfan

Postby hoopschick03 on Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:46 pm

Offense isn't our problem. We can't stop anybody, and we can't rebound. We have scorers on this team. But you have to give yourselves a chance to win with rebounding and defense.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday