Fri. 12/23 @ Magic - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:09 pm

Last year the lakers had 9 road wins at the end of february :man4:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby Kobina on Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:47 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
lakerzg8 wrote:
lakerzg8 wrote:haha lakers will win this... and yeah of course kobe will prolly takeover in the 2nd half... i say he ends up with 21pts, 9assts. and he will play 38mins.

bwahahaa... i got it right, on page 13... except he played 39mins but i was only 1 minute off... :jam2: :man1:

sirronstuff, who predicted that?? that cant be true :freak2:
if only this would of been numbers on some super lotto numbers you woulda been rich

:man10: :mhihi:
Kobe is King, Sasha is Napoleon, but I am the Prince.
Kobina

Postby Inglewood's Finest on Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:06 pm

I am getting excited
ImageMagicBryant32-propz for sig!! laker1,makveli,HitEmUp,InThe Key,Shizz,xXAsGrEaTAs8 Xx,Ballin,GUnit,Flipogb,TheKobeEra 2K5,KobeistheGreatest1,Showtime.Revival.05Ruffryder,8,Balla4life,High IQ,Hype,Caron1,LakerChamp04,Lfan36,JbOi112,mkv14,apexed,ahaider,camilo
Inglewood's Finest

Postby hdtvset on Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:24 pm

Lakers have better record than Heats. :man9:

How do you like this Shaq? :man13:
hdtvset

Postby AD1D4S7 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:13 am

jminges wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
tdnet wrote:37% from the field for kobe. hmmmm come on now , this is why i hate the kobe that passes so much , he never gets in rhythm.

37%...10%...98%...who cares...its all about getting w's.

Kobe was sleep walking tonight. Didn't really play defense nor was he that aggressive on offense.

Yes he did play defense, and wasnt sleep walking as he racked up 9 assists. Miami, don't worry baby he will drop so much on them.
Lakers will win the championship this year. I'm not kidding.
AD1D4S7

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:53 am

Here's post-game quotes:
Los Angeles Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson
“Obviously the game was determined a lot by you know, Howard having to leave the game 2 ½ in the first quarter. That took a lot of energy away from their team. We had a good team game, played well together as a group, shot the ball well in the first half and adequately in the second.”

“It was the way the game played out. We had guys open; there were situations that were going right. Chris Mihm had a very good night from the field and things worked out well. Lamar was getting the ball to people and played a very good game.”

“This was a road game, and I didn’t like way the game was going, and he (Kobe) was biting at the bit to get back in the ballgame. “

“There are games that we have not been able to do that (hold teams to under 40%FGM) and we’ve had to fight our way offensively through a game. But certainly makes a game a lot easier, and made it a lot easier tonight.”

(On Chris Mihm) “This is a game we’d like to see him play 35 minutes. Unfortunately he couldn’t stay out on the floor because our guards didn’t keep people in front of him, there was a lot of penetration, they were getting to the basket and shooting a lot of fouls and Chris was the ultimate guy who had to pay the price.”

“We haven’t even talked about Miami, so this has been about playing the other team.”

“This trip, you’ve got to do a lot of PR work for the league, pump up that Miami game on Christmas Day because they’re asking you to do this all the time and don’t forget, Orlando is just as important in the win-loss column.”

“You know, we have a difficult match up at best with this being small centers and they have Mourning and Shaquille. And Mourning is playing as well Shaq right now, is more active than Shaq is and we know that it’s a big challenge for us inside. But the real game is stopping the penetration of the ball by, you know, Payton and you know, Walker and Wade, and those guys are going to make it miserable for us if we don’t keep them in front of us like tonight.”

LA Lakers Guard Kobe Bryant
“We are a young team. We took care of our business and it shows our maturity.”

“He (Mihm) just played extremely well tonight. We just take it game by game. We don’t think about a carry over effect. He had a great performance tonight.”

“We don’t worry about it (matchups vs. Heat). They obviously have couple of Hall of Famers over there and a lot of talented players. We just do what we do. We just go out and play within our system and play together.”

(on matchup vs. Shaq) “It doesn’t really matter to me. I get that question a lot. It really is no big deal. I don’t care who I face. I play hard whoever I face.”

“I wanted to put the game on ice. I looked at him (Coach Jackson) when we went a little dry and said to put me back in the game so we can get out of here. I was getting a little anxious.”

“The only thing that matters is the “W” whether it is 60 points, 50 points, or 10 points. That is the most important thing. As long as we play well as a team and we are in the ballgame.”

“That is a big game. We grew up watching those games on Christmas with various matchups like the Bulls and Knicks…Lakers and Celtics…and now we have a new tradition.”

LA Lakers Forward Lamar Odom
“I am not taking anything away from the Orlando Magic. They have great players and a good coach, but we came in here really confident. We have a little streak going and playing well on the road. We have another road game on Christmas Day.”

(on Chrismas Day matchup vs. former team) “The coach over there, the staff over there that I have a lot of respect for, I am looking forward to seeing. My loyalty to them and to some people in that organization goes far beyond basketball. They helped me kind of restore my name. Coach Riley helped turn me into a man. It will be fun playing in front of him. He helped me with my maturity process. He restored my confidence on and off the court.”

LA Lakers Center Chris Mihm
“I was worried about this game because everybody is talking about and looking forward to the Christmas game. This is an easy one to overlook and let slip, but we came out and took care of business.”

“I just wanted to make sure I was a spark offensively and defensively. I knew this was a game we could’ve came out lackluster and let slip. I didn’t want this one to be one that we looked back on and be upset about. They stayed with us the whole game even though we kept the cushion. They kept pushing it and pushing it. They never gave up and I give them credit. If they had hit a couple of those three pointers in the third and fourth quarter, it could have been a different game.”

Read other quotes here
Last edited by The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:08 am

I love our confidence :jam2: I think we have been awesome for the entire month which is absolutely insane. We had 2-3 blackouts but hey this also happens to young teams. It helps to get your focus back and understand what its all about. Nice to go to Miami and be able to hope that we can maybe win.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 4:26 pm

great important win for us, and I love what Phil said about how this game was just as important in the win-lose column as the miami game

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby kkmrx7 on Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:53 pm

can we get the miami heat thread going already!?!? we're trying to pump ourselves up!

--edit--
nevermind i see it in Lakers Discussion
Yeah, I stole the sig.
kkmrx7

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday