Fri. 12/12 vs. Mavs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:29 pm

*sigh* i can only shake my head at shaq's freethrows
ITS JOEY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:29 pm

Nash keeps pushin off.... :man7:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby whats golden on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:31 pm

Game over me thinks. Looks like Dallas has resorted to the old faithful - Hack-a-Shaq. That is so lame.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:31 pm

OH YEAH..and the REBOUNDS!! Lakers were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo outrebounded!!!!!!
ITS JOEY

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:31 pm

it's over, it's okay though, we'll be ready for next time, watch out dallas, i didn't really hate you guys before. f_u guys now.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:32 pm

I bet the Mavs players feel embarassed like their coach doesn't have the faith in them to just play some dayam ball.

Lakers lose

110-93
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:32 pm

HACK-A-SHAQ: this is what the game of basketball has come too. :disagree: pathetic
ITS JOEY

Postby Timmah on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:33 pm

Edit: Shaq Flop?

On Walker.
Last edited by Timmah on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique to Karla "You're a cheap-shot artist. You're not a man. You always go out there to hurt somebody smaller than you."
Timmah

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:34 pm

How about Hack a Bowen?? too... Man... What teams would do...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:34 pm

i agree with you lakersgyrl, although the lakers lost. one good thing came out of it, and it was kareem's game tonight. :jam2:
ITS JOEY

Postby whats golden on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:34 pm

To true. We sneed Shaq to make those free throws and then that will really stick it up em.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Timmah on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:35 pm

Hack a Shaq nearly killed us tonight.
Dominique to Karla "You're a cheap-shot artist. You're not a man. You always go out there to hurt somebody smaller than you."
Timmah

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:35 pm

Give Nelson a break guys, his strategy worked didn't it? :disagree:

However, the Mavericks didn't win this from the Lakers, the referees did. Absolute pathetic refereeing. I can't believe how much [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] they let the Mavs get away with.

It's almost like they were paid to ref this bad, I mean, when's the last time you've seen four techs. in a span of 2 or less minutes? Bullcrap!!! :mad1:

Now I know who I want to see in the playoffs...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby whats golden on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:36 pm

God damn, our free throw shooting really let us down.

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:38 pm

WTF happened? i go out for one night and come back and tha lakers lose at home by 17 to tha mavs who we absolutely have OWNED tha last 27 times at home? WHAT HAPPENED

from tha box score, kobe did horrible kareem did good and shaq was hacked...

what happened to payton?

somebody has to tell me somethin i CANNOT belive we lost to tha mavs AT HOME....after all they've done to us, gettin malone suspended, etc etc now they're gonna be talkin sh*t forever and mark cuban will be runnin his mouth on how they didnt even have finley and beat us blah blah blah...

i cannot belive this...im in complete disbelief...im shocked...and i thot we werent gonna lose at home...so much for LD's prediction....hell its jus a loss we'll come back tommorow night and beat portland and we're STILL tha best team in tha league...
FabFourLakers

Postby whats golden on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:38 pm

Can someone explain to me what happened with the tech fouls. I have to watch the game on courtside live which means on only get a play by play description.

Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby Timmah on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:38 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Give Nelson a break guys, his strategy worked didn't it? :disagree:

However, the Mavericks didn't win this from the Lakers, the referees did. Absolute pathetic refereeing. I can't believe how much [censored] they let the Mavs get away with.

It's almost like they were paid to ref this bad, I mean, when's the last time you've seen four techs. in a span of 2 or less minutes? Bullcrap!!! :mad1:

Wah Wah Wah face it the Mavs beat you tonight. That was the first time the Mavs offense has clicked this year.
Timmah

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:39 pm

ITS JOEY wrote:i agree with you lakersgyrl, although the lakers lost. one good thing came out of it, and it was kareem's game tonight. :jam2:

Thank you.... I'm so proud that he stepted up in the 1st half. He's gotta have tons of confidence playin in crunch time. All the Rush hataz need to come forward, and state somethin else about why he sucks... they 1st complained that he can't score, and when he does, they say that he can only score in garbage time. Now since he performed well 6-9 in the 1st half, and shot better than Kobe, he made more shots than him. Find something else about him to complain about.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:39 pm

the 'javie sucks' chant was awesome haha
ITS JOEY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:41 pm

ITS JOEY wrote:the 'javie sucks' chant was awesome haha

Van Earl Wright was complainin about him too.. He said somethin about him thinkin that the fans pay to watch him blow the whistle... MAN, I HATE JAVIE! :man7: :man7: :man7: :man2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:42 pm

SOMEBODY GIVE ME A RUNDOWN OF WHAT THE F*CK HAPPENED CUZ IM PISSED RIGHT NOW HOW CAN WE LOSE ON OUR HOMECOURT TO THA F*CKING MAVS
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:43 pm

Timmah wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Give Nelson a break guys, his strategy worked didn't it? :disagree:

However, the Mavericks didn't win this from the Lakers, the referees did. Absolute pathetic refereeing. I can't believe how much [censored] they let the Mavs get away with.

Wah Wah Wah face it the Mavs beat you tonight. That was the first time the Mavs offense has clicked this year.

Oh I agree with you all the way. The Mavericks played flawless tongiht. However, you can't deny the terrible refereeing tonight. I'm one who usually doesn't blame the refs. But tonight, it was absolutly terrible...

See you in the playoffs... Mavs.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby ITS JOEY on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:45 pm

Timmah wrote:

it was more that the refs did not give the lakers any opportunities to plead their case. dev's push on antoine- nothing happened out of that?!!? gp talking to the refs- in 13+ seasons, has anyone ever see him not talk??!? Karl malone explaining why he was upset- any other ref would hear him out and let him say what he had to say, then continue on with the game. tonight wasn't the case, laker fans there's no use in complaining anymore :disagree: however i'm just really disappointed how the refs controlled the game
ITS JOEY

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:46 pm

We played sloppy ball, and we just didn't have the game in control.. The refs dicated the game, and they basically gave the Mavs all the momentum. I'm not one to complain that the refs decided the game, but they had control of what we did. They called ticky tack violations on Shaq when his momentum carried him forward at the line, when he doesn't even go for his attempt either. MAN...

We just didn't come focused.. It shown when GP got ejected, and when Malone and Devean got T's... We came complainin, which we didn't need. Instead of that we shoulda came mentally prepared and focused on the battle that we needed to overcome. The Mavs had complete momentum of the game, and even without Finely they handled us.

But if Shaq woulda made all his attempts then we woulda won the game.. If we woulda came focused at the line we woulda won... But misses are a part of the game, and we didn't overcome that. The Mavs won the game, so just leave it as that...
LakersGyrl2003

Postby mazter_roshi on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:49 pm

We gotta face the facts guys. The streak had to end eventually. Kobe was trigger happy on an off night and Shaq couldn't hit the free throws (no suprise). The only excitement that the team provided was behalf on good old Jack Nicholson. The ref's were stupid for calling a technical for a light push on Devean. I remember one thing not well cuz of my anger over this. I think Walker pushed someone and nothing was called. Malone wondered why a T wasn't called on someone I forget and he gets one. GP did deserve the T's. But had the ignant ref's not called the T on Devean it would have never happened. By the way, we gave up too many offensive boards. But I have to take this, we've had ref's call a bunch of bad calls in our favor. It has to bite US in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] eventually. We gotta take this as fuel for another 10 game or more streak. We can only lose 5 more games out of the next 60 to beat the bulls record. One time during that they were 41 and 3. We are 19 and 4. I just can't wait for us to take the title back. Live by the refs die by the refs. The streak is over but now its time to start another. One door closes the next is bound to open.
mazter_roshi

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday