7:30 pm
TV: ESPN, FSN, TSN
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031212/DALLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031212/DALLAL/boxscore.html

Mavericks - 110
Lakers - 93

Lakers' Win Streak Halted
Shaquille O'Neal had 25 points and 14 rebounds, but the Lakers lost 110-93 to Dallas on Friday, snapping their 10-game winning streak. Kobe Bryant had 15 points and six assists and Karl Malone scored 14 and grabbed seven rebounds for Los Angeles.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:11 pm

Lakers - 98
Mavs - 93
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby Gold Brick on Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:15 pm

I said in my last preview post of these two teams that if the Lakers brought their "A" game they should win easily. I also said that the Mavericks would have the crowd but thats about it and that Steve Nash would make a Valiant effort to no avail, he did. Well,, since the game is at home this time they wont have the Crowd and Steve for some reason doesnt have good games in Staples so what will they have? Oh yeah, Dirk is back isnt he? Even if he is, that will hardly be enough.
Lakers in 3 quarters! :jam2: :jam2:
Gold Brick

Postby G-Slinger on Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:02 pm

Quote of the week: Hey BCS, be like the Trailblazers and give everyone a bowl.

hahahahaha, Tom Arnold
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:13 pm

Lakers have "struggled" their last 2 games...yea i said it, they have STRUGGLED their last 2 games....but they still won. If the lakers "struggle" against dallas too...im not sure they can pull it out...but if we bring our C+ game we can hold them off...if i were PJ, i'd give tha Lakers a C or C- for tha last 2 games...cuz they looked BORED out there at times...even in tha New York game, on defense we LET eisley and anderson get WIDE OPEN looks at tha basket every possession....we CANNOT let that happen with dallas...we gotta set tha tone EARLY...have that "foot to the throat" mentality and run them outta staples! I dont predict scores so all i can say is:

19-3
FabFourLakers

Postby Laker brain on Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:12 pm

Lakers 117
Dallas 112
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:17 pm

The Lakers seem to play up to BIG games. That is why they will show up against the Mavs and that is why the last two games, they have lost that motivation.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Dec 10, 2003 9:49 pm

Laker brain wrote:Lakers 117
Dallas 112

actually I second that...this is a high-scoring game I predict....and Vasashi, while what you say about potentializing up to the big games is true, I tend to believe the contrary...boredom once again...the Lakers jump to a big lead and don't close it out properly, like what they did to Utah and New York
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby @ on Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:37 am

Lakers 113

Mavs 104

:jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:40 am

Shoot after they lost a HEARTBREAK loss to the Clips, i think the Lakers will top that staples center sweep... lol... We're undefeated at home, and we broke their home game win streak, and they AINT gonna break ours... no way! I think it's gonna be a high scoring game on our part, but since Dirk is back, prepare for him to be on fire. Finley was playin great against the Clips as well so he'll continue his stroke as well. Lakers will win this one by at least 6+ points. I think the game is gonna be pretty close.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby G-Slinger on Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:25 am

The Lake show will win, especially since the clippers won on an horry shot against them last night. Can the Mavs lose 2 straight games at staples in 3 days, we'll see. I think so.

Lakers-108
Mavs-100

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby G-Slinger on Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:06 pm

Oh, and does anyone know when slick rick comes off the DL and into the lineup?

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:17 pm

Lakers: 117

Mavs: 99

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:15 pm

Lakers win 105-89. Lakers play great defense.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby G-Lakers on Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:11 pm

19-3
G-Lakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:22 pm

This year, the scary games arn't against scary teams. They're against the scrub teams. Like someone mentioned above, they will live up to the game. Dallas won't bring them that much trouble, however, we can't get off to a slow start to this team like we did against New York.

Even though we won't because the Lakes know this one's on national T.V. and the time is now to show... a.k.a. "showtime" :man12: :man1:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Thu Dec 11, 2003 10:58 pm

Reasons why we will win:
1) We are playing at home
2) The last time they beat us at home, Divac and Magic were playing, and this happen in 92
3) Malone is back
4) We are on national tv, we usually do pretty good when everyone's watching
5) If the Clipps beat them, then we should have no problem with them

player matchups

Payton/Nash- Payton is going to have to be ready to run, because Nash likes to run and gun; especially since he doesn't want to be any where near a Malone bow, I expect him to run as far (and as fast) away from him as possible. Payton should be able to keep up with Nash, and prevent him from being a presence on offense. Payton will be able to get to the basket and get easy shots, because Nash (like all the Mavs) can't play D. Look for Nash to struggle, and Payton to have a good game.

Kobe/Finley- Finley had a great first half against the Clipps, and I don't expect to see him get even half the amount of point the Clipps let him get. Kobe is starting to become the old Kobe (physically) more and more as the season continues, he should be able to contain Finley with his D, and get some easy point by taking to the basket and either getting to the line or going right past Dallas' "big men" (if that's what you want to call them). FInley won't be able to shoot as easily or as much against us, he will struggle until he realizes this. Kobe will dominate the performance.

George/Walker & Jamison- It's hard to figure out who they will play at SF, since it varies almost every game, but I think these are the 2 most likely guys to see time at their SF position. I say this almost every time, but the key to this matchup will be George's D. If he can stick with Walker and prevent him from firing 3's the whole game and taking outside shots, (something he likes to do) then George should be able to limit his production. And if he can prevent Jamison from driving to the basket and getting those mid-range jumpers, then George will be able to limit Jamison's productivity. If George is unable to stop these guys, then look for Russell to see some big minutes off the bench. I doubt George will do much for us offensively, besides knock down a few open shots, including an open 3. If he can do that and play D, then I will be satisfied.

Malone/Dirk- this will be a good matchup. Malone will need to use his size to prevent Dirk from getting inside and make him stick with his outside shots, which can also be deadly, but hopefully Malone can alter his shots and make him not be able to get the shot selection he would like. Malone can get some easy rebounds, since that's not one of Dirk's strong suits (crashing the boards). Malone will try to play some of his best ball tonight, making it a statement game, just to aggravate Cuban. Malone will have a solid overall performance; he will have a decent amount of-points, boards, and assists.

Shaq/Fortson, Bradley, Jamison, Dirk, Najera, Walker- Am I forgetting anyone? Well, the point is (something that was obvious last time we played them), they can throw everything they have at Shaq, but it won't do them any good. Yeah, Dirk will help clog the lane a bit, but not much. The day the Dallas Mavs learn how to play defense on a consistent basis, is the day that may never come. By watching these guys, you can tell they don't have a clue what they are doing when they are trying to guard Shaq. NOTE TO MAVS' "BIG MEN": fouling is not defense, it's just a way to get out of guarding a guy.

Who will see the most time on Shaq?: I think they will start with Fortson, then after Shaq dominates him...they will bring Bradley in, then after he gets in foul trouble...they will put Jamison on him (someone please tell Don Nelson that a sg/sf should not be guarding Shaq, it's embarrassing to him and to the organization he plays for)....and Dirk and Walker will see about 5-10 minutes total on Shaq.

So, to sum it up...Shaq will dominate, scoring and grabbing rebounds at will. He will make the Mavs go through all their options; which includes the 7-6 dummy, that was privileged enough to get his own segment on ESPN (top 10 dunks on Bradley). And he will lead us to another victory.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FanoftheNBA on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:07 am

The Lakers have gotten back into the "Just show up mentality" that we are all use to, I was hoping that Karl and GP would keep us motivated with their enery and determination, but it looks like its rubbing off on them now. Tonights game will be interesting, the first few minutes of the game will determine the outcome. Dallas is intimidated by the lakers and if they come out scared, it will be a rout. The Mavs should be fighting mad if they are like most people say, an Elite Team. I beg to differ. I'm not impressed! The lakers are overconfident, but they have a reason to be, Its no way the Mavs beat the Lakers tonight!

Lakers - 117
Mavs - 94
FanoftheNBA

Postby kingjsun on Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:35 am

There is one thing that the Mavs will beat the Lakers on tonight, technical fouls!
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:55 pm

just in:

Finley will NOT be playin tonight due to a toe injury of some sort

i saw this on tha ticker of sportscenter after they showed "Mavs vs Lakers on ESPN" and then it said Finley OUT(toe)

who will start for them noW?
FabFourLakers

Postby Timmah on Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:06 pm

Who will start tonight? With Nellie who knows? This is one of the most frustrating things about being a Mavs fan. Please Nellie don't let it be Tony Delk!
Dominique to Karla "You're a cheap-shot artist. You're not a man. You always go out there to hurt somebody smaller than you."
Timmah

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Dec 12, 2003 6:19 pm

Timmah wrote:Who will start tonight? With Nellie who knows? This is one of the most frustrating things about being a Mavs fan. Please Nellie don't let it be Tony Delk!

LOL :man10:
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby BDG on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:03 pm

That flagrant foul was BS!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:14 pm

payton thrown out f that shiz! now were pissed, watch out cuban and stupid refs.
Last edited by Andrew Evenstar on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:14 pm

F STEVE JAFFE! He hates the Lakers and he called two BS technicals on Payton and George.

PAYTON is EJECTED!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday