Fri. 1/28 vs. Nets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:56 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Yeah, I'll hand it to VC for doing well...but he's not the reason we lost. Take a look at Carter's performance in the 4th quarter.

And that layup was not INCREDIBLE...it was just nice. :man10:

I agree with you that VC was not the reason we lost -- carelessness and turnovers and lack of Defense were -- you have to give the man props on that insane layin.

:man4: I've never seen anything like that!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Real Deal on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:07 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote::man4: I've never seen anything like that!

Well...hehe...Iverson did it on Wesley once, I've seen the Iceman do it with a better finger roll at the end...and Kevin Johnson pulled it off with Mark Eaton in the lane once...just to name a few. :man12:

I give him props, but it's not a Top 10 of the year. Things that belong there are "incredible" plays, IMO.
Real Deal

Postby shizZ on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:10 pm

That was easily the best play of the year.. did you see the body control, it looked like he wasn't even trying.. the staples crowd got up and gave him a standing O.. the man deserves big props.. that dunk on mihm was nasty as well.. maybe the change of scenary is better for him
shizZ

Postby Real Deal on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:50 pm

shizZ...honestly...you believe it was that spectacular?

I want you to get the Jordan DVD's...and go to his Top 10 "Moves" (layups, actually). You'll see that all 10 are BY FAR better than VC's.

Then, go and look up the Top 10's from every year...especially the last two years...and you'll find that all 10 are more incredible than VC's layup.

Again, I'll give him props because it was nice, but it wasn't spectacular. When you say it was easily the best play of the year, that's like ranking it up there with the top 10 of the last decade, if you think about it...
Real Deal

Postby methodnred on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:56 pm

BOTTOM LINE:

This team needs to get rid of cook and get a PG to make Atkins a backup.
methodnred

Postby Real Deal on Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:58 pm

methodnred wrote:BOTTOM LINE:

This team needs to get rid of cook and get a PG to make Atkins a backup.

:beer:

How about just putting in Bobbitt, and letting Atkins/Tierre back him up? And then using Cook and the others to find a starting PF and move Odom down to SF?
Real Deal

Postby shizZ on Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:51 pm

realdealbneal wrote:shizZ...honestly...you believe it was that spectacular?

I want you to get the Jordan DVD's...and go to his Top 10 "Moves" (layups, actually). You'll see that all 10 are BY FAR better than VC's.

Then, go and look up the Top 10's from every year...especially the last two years...and you'll find that all 10 are more incredible than VC's layup.

Again, I'll give him props because it was nice, but it wasn't spectacular. When you say it was easily the best play of the year, that's like ranking it up there with the top 10 of the last decade, if you think about it...

Man, i've seen Jordans as well.. no one makes plays as easy as Carter makes them look.. i have studied carter for so long man, i have a 7 hour DVD of all of his highlights.. i know jordan had incredible highlights, but VC just makes everything look so easy (not that jordan) didn't, but what im getting at is that the 360 to me was up there with a lot of the elite highlights in the past, including some of jordans.. i shouldn't say its the best, but VERY close in my opinion.. you name one player in the league right now that could have even done that, and on top of that.. make it look as easy as he did
shizZ

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:32 pm

How in the heck did we lose to the Nets? I mean what the heck happen. We should have won that game it was the freaking Nets with out RJ for petesakes. :man3:
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby Real Deal on Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:34 pm

shizZ wrote:

Man, i've seen Jordans as well.. no one makes plays as easy as Carter makes them look.. i have studied carter for so long man, i have a 7 hour DVD of all of his highlights.. i know jordan had incredible highlights, but VC just makes everything look so easy (not that jordan) didn't, but what im getting at is that the 360 to me was up there with a lot of the elite highlights in the past, including some of jordans.. i shouldn't say its the best, but VERY close in my opinion.. you name one player in the league right now that could have even done that, and on top of that.. make it look as easy as he did

Kobe
LeBron

And Josh Smith has the athletic ability, but he couldn't make the layup (not now, anyways).
Real Deal

Postby shizZ on Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:34 pm

realdealbneal wrote:
shizZ wrote:

Kobe
LeBron

And Josh Smith has the athletic ability, but he couldn't make the layup (not now, anyways).

BRAUN and KOBE do not have the same athletic as carter has.. do you remember VC coming into the league? he got knee surgery, and he was never the same.. but im beginning to see glimpses of his old days which is scary when hes 28
shizZ

Postby Real Deal on Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:51 am

I know two kids at my college who can put their elbow in the rim, and one who can pull off VC's reverse 360.

I honestly haven't seen Vince do anything I've never seen before, with the exception of those two dunks...that is, until everyone started doing them.

Haha...and just something about Vince never being the same...well...I don't think that was caused from knee injury. I think it was caused by doing what he can to find his way out of Toronto.
Real Deal

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday