Fri. 3/18 @ Pacers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby kb08 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:04 pm

well..i think kobe learned his lesson by now
kb08

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 pm

I don't know what is up with Kobe. I mean he just looks like he doesn't even care anymore. Maybe it's the ankle that is bothering him, maybe the losses and frustration has hit but, whatever it is Kobe just looks like he could care less anymore what happens. Something I thought I would never see.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby trodgers on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:05 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:Is it officially panic time yet?

not really

its just official that lakers arent making the playoffs :bang:

I'm very worried about the Lakers for the next few years. I really thought that when we brought in Odom and Butler, we'd be set for years. I guess I never realized that Odom plays so-so D and Butler has never heard of the term. Throw in Chucky, the worst defensive PG in the league and Chris "I'm 7 foot tall, play like I'm 5'11"" Mihm and we suck. What do we have to build on? Vlade's probably gone...how long can Grant play (and is he worth it)? I think it's time to panic.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:06 pm

strikemode14 wrote:I don't know what is up with Kobe. I mean he just looks like he doesn't even care anymore. Maybe it's the ankle that is bothering him, maybe the losses and frustration has hit but, whatever it is Kobe just looks like he could care less anymore what happens. Something I thought I would never see.

He wanted this. I hope he sees how bad it is and how bad it feels to be a joke in the league. Maybe he can campaign hard and get some good guys added to this roster for next year.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:07 pm

You know things aren't going well when your starting center has 1 rebound in the 1st half
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby baller4life on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:09 pm

jsm0331 wrote:You know things aren't going well when your starting center has 1 rebound in the 1st half

and the oponent forwards has 16 and 17 for the game
totally shut down
---------->
baller4life

Postby OdomIn05 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:09 pm

Why didn't Kobe play til 3 minutes left? A slightly injured, emotionally drained, physically tired Kobe is 3486 times better than Butler or Brown.

And last game, we are down 2 going into the 4th, Heat have won 24? straight when leading after 3 quarters. And we start the 4th with Kobe and 4 scrubs? Lamar didn't see the court for nearly half the quarter, same with Mihm.

Are you a damn moron Hamblen? :man7: :man7:
OdomIn05

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:10 pm

kb08 wrote:well..i think kobe learned his lesson by now

and what is that?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby strikemode14 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:10 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
strikemode14 wrote:I don't know what is up with Kobe. I mean he just looks like he doesn't even care anymore. Maybe it's the ankle that is bothering him, maybe the losses and frustration has hit but, whatever it is Kobe just looks like he could care less anymore what happens. Something I thought I would never see.

He wanted this. I hope he sees how bad it is and how bad it feels to be a joke in the league. Maybe he can campaign hard and get some good guys added to this roster for next year.

We need to get players that actually are centered around Kobe. I mean we have way too many ballhandlers and way too few pure shooters. I mean our best shooters right now are Atkins, Cook, Jones, and Slava which is a joke. Also we need a real number option 2. I mean in this game Atkins was the number 2 option and honestly how Kobe is playing might as well be the number 1 option. Mitch has alot of work to do in the offseason I hope he has a plan.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby bouncyman on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:11 pm

If you guys are going to start feeling bad for Kobe then I hope none of you hate on T-mac for dogging it last season after a 19 game losing streak. I'm not saying you guys do, but I don't think Kobe has reason to be giving up yet.
bouncyman

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:14 pm

OdomIn05 wrote:Why didn't Kobe play til 3 minutes left? A slightly injured, emotionally drained, physically tired Kobe is 3486 times better than Butler or Brown.

And last game, we are down 2 going into the 4th, Heat have won 24? straight when leading after 3 quarters. And we start the 4th with Kobe and 4 scrubs? Lamar didn't see the court for nearly half the quarter, same with Mihm.

that not true. Those scrubs actually cut the lead down to 2. Kobe was cold all night. I didnt want him back in the game to tell you the truth. The team was playing better defensively and offensively with him out imo.
MarkMadsen

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:Is it officially panic time yet?

not really

its just official that lakers arent making the playoffs :bang:

I'm very worried about the Lakers for the next few years. I really thought that when we brought in Odom and Butler, we'd be set for years. I guess I never realized that Odom plays so-so D and Butler has never heard of the term. Throw in Chucky, the worst defensive PG in the league and Chris "I'm 7 foot tall, play like I'm 5'11"" Mihm and we suck. What do we have to build on? Vlade's probably gone...how long can Grant play (and is he worth it)? I think it's time to panic.

i think next year if lakers get phil jackson...trade caron for a good player...and maybe get rid of george and grant for some talent...we'll be fine.......and no grant isnt worth it....i hate him actually cuz he is getting paid so much to avg 6 points or wutever he is averaging...he sucks. :bang:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:15 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:

easy kopro: i'm as negative as they come and its not time to panic. It never is with the Lakers. The obviously have to make decisions on whom to keep and whom to move. With a decent coach, that should upgrade them as well. And some of the defense actually comes with time. Others doesn't.

Kobe's maturation is also supposed to take place in this time. I'd rather have him mature by winning games and then losing in the playoffs. B/c you don't mature by missing the playoffs.

Obviously the Lakers intend to make a splash when Grant comes off the books, and a lot of things can change. What if KG is mad at how Saunders was canned, he doesn't like the aging Wolves and demands to be traded? That would change things real quick!

The Lakers should make changes this off-season to restore balance on the team, and acquire players that can contribute... they won't be markably better next year, but they should at least make the playoffs.

They need a PG (probably via draft or MLE) and a PF (via trade) and a starting or equal caliber center to mihm (LLE, or Vet's min).

All of these guys are available, and have been during this season and during the off-season. The Lakers have refused to do it this off-season, we'll see how they do in the off-season.

Relax... the more they lose, the higher the draft pick becomes.
leftymo

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:17 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:
OdomIn05 wrote:Why didn't Kobe play til 3 minutes left? A slightly injured, emotionally drained, physically tired Kobe is 3486 times better than Butler or Brown.

that not true. Those scrubs actually cut the lead down to 2. Kobe was cold all night. I didnt want him back in the game to tell you the truth. The team was playing better defensively and offensively with him out imo.

thats true....i thought lakers would win without kobe....they made there big comeback with out lamar and kobe...so why bring him back...he comes back lakers go down by 6 :bang: ...kobe was playing bad...i wish kobe could just realize that he was cold tonight and should let the rest of the game go on without him :bang:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

Lakerfan36

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:18 pm

bouncyman wrote:If you guys are going to start feeling bad for Kobe then I hope none of you hate on T-mac for dogging it last season after a 19 game losing streak. I'm not saying you guys do, but I don't think Kobe has reason to be giving up yet.

1. The Lakers aren't the worst team in basketball, like the Tmac led Magic last year.

2. The Magic had more overall talent than these lakers, and were worse. Primarily b/c of defense which Tmac admits he doesn't play. Kobe hasn't been that much better defensively this year... but let's not compare the two teams, franchises, or players... its not even close!

One organization has made a history of losing their high draft picks, the other wins championships and builds dynasties...
leftymo

Postby trodgers on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:21 pm

leftymo wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:

easy kopro: i'm as negative as they come and its not time to panic. It never is with the Lakers. The obviously have to make decisions on whom to keep and whom to move. With a decent coach, that should upgrade them as well. And some of the defense actually comes with time. Others doesn't.

Kobe's maturation is also supposed to take place in this time. I'd rather have him mature by winning games and then losing in the playoffs. B/c you don't mature by missing the playoffs.

Obviously the Lakers intend to make a splash when Grant comes off the books, and a lot of things can change. What if KG is mad at how Saunders was canned, he doesn't like the aging Wolves and demands to be traded? That would change things real quick!

The Lakers should make changes this off-season to restore balance on the team, and acquire players that can contribute... they won't be markably better next year, but they should at least make the playoffs.

They need a PG (probably via draft or MLE) and a PF (via trade) and a starting or equal caliber center to mihm (LLE, or Vet's min).

All of these guys are available, and have been during this season and during the off-season. The Lakers have refused to do it this off-season, we'll see how they do in the off-season.

Relax... the more they lose, the higher the draft pick becomes.

I hear ya. This stretch reminds me of when I stopped watching the Lakers for a few years. That was because Magic retired, though, not because the team sucked (though they ended up sucking). It's just the first time in years that watching the Lakers play is painful.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:21 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
thats true....i thought lakers would win without kobe....they made there big comeback with out lamar and kobe...so why bring him back...he comes back lakers go down by 6 :bang: ...kobe was playing bad...i wish kobe could just realize that he was cold tonight and should let the rest of the game go on without him :bang:

You're mistaken, the Lakers would NOT have won with their scrub lineup. That's a fact. But it was entertaining to watch. In this throw-away season, there's nothing wrong with doing that, to see which players actually stand out as capable of playing and doing things positively...
leftymo

Postby OdomIn05 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:23 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:

I agree, they were playing good, but seriously how long can they keep that up before it falls apart? Apparently not long enough. Even though Kobe was tired, hurt, etc., he owns the last few minutes of the game. In hindsight it was the right decision to keep Kobe on the bench because he didn't do any good in the final 3 minutes, but I still think it was a bad decision. Hamblen can't wait til the 4th quarter to rest our big players like he has been, it's a definite recipe for disaster.
OdomIn05

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:23 pm

leftymo wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

You're mistaken, the Lakers would NOT have won with their scrub lineup. That's a fact. But it was entertaining to watch. In this throw-away season, there's nothing wrong with doing that, to see which players actually stand out as capable of playing and doing things positively...

kobe came back and missed a 3 and a huge free throw....he made like 5 points in the 2nd half of the last 4 games...i think he should of sat out the whole 4th sometimes the superstar doesnt play good

Lakerfan36

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:24 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
I hear ya. This stretch reminds me of when I stopped watching the Lakers for a few years. That was because Magic retired, though, not because the team sucked (though they ended up sucking). It's just the first time in years that watching the Lakers play is painful.

Yeah, I did the same then.... I actually started following the Rockets, primarily b/c of Horry & Olajuwon (so I was ecstatic when Horry became a laker for ceballos).

It will take time, I'll still follow this team only b/c Kobe has the "potential" of being really great, although his game is severely flawed right now and just as inconsistent as his younger teammates.
leftymo

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:25 pm

when your team continues to play good basketball for 2 or 3 games then plays like the hornets, leader have to feel down. :freak2:
thisbjgz

Postby leftymo on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:26 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
kobe came back and missed a 3 and a huge free throw....he made like 5 points in the 2nd half of the last 4 games...i think he should of sat out the whole 4th sometimes the superstar doesnt play good

I wasn't advocating Kobe playing either... check the thread, I was the FIRST to say it! Keep kobe on the bench!!!

But the Lakers weren't going to win with that bench lineup either... it was a loss inevitably, but I'd rather watch the youngsters play now... some are playing for jobs next season, so they at least have some fire under their ars...
leftymo

Postby Lakerfan36 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:29 pm

leftymo wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

I wasn't advocating Kobe playing either... check the thread, I was the FIRST to say it! Keep kobe on the bench!!!

But the Lakers weren't going to win with that bench lineup either... it was a loss inevitably, but I'd rather watch the youngsters play now... some are playing for jobs next season, so they at least have some fire under their ars...

they got to within two and the pacers were cold...why would it be impossible...,,im sure you said it was impossible the lakers could lose to the hawks to but they did....

Lakerfan36

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:19 pm

leftymo wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

I completely agree leftymo...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:46 pm

I have this game Tivo-ed. Is it even worth watching?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday