7:30 p.m.
TV: FSN , NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031114/DETLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031114/DETLAL/boxscore.html

Pistons - 89
Lakers - 94

Lakers Get Past Pistons
Shaquille O'Neal scored 21 points and pulled down 15 rebounds and Gary Payton added 21 as well in the Lakers' 94-89 win over the Pistons on Friday. Karl Malone chipped in with 16 points and nine rebounds for Los Angeles, which won for the seventh time this season.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:10 am

After a devistating loss, the Pistons will lose on the road against us too. We'll dominate them, and Shaq will make Wallace his student! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby 2BContN2004 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:26 am

I watched the Pistons/Warriors game last night and T.Prince is awesome. He started the game 5 for 5, 10 pts. HE ALONE was beating the Warriors 10 - 3 at one point.

Anyways, he is going to be a tough assignment tomorrow night but Lakers still come out victorious.

94 - 79
2BContN2004

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:59 pm

I think the score will be:

Lakers: 103

Pistons:86

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Bulls Fan on Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:04 pm

Lakers - 106
Pistons - 91

should be an easy win for the lakers
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:14 pm

especially since they're at home, but don't forget y'all that the Pistons are a very deep and talented team...but they don't have any true point guards. I see Chauncey Billups and Chucky Atkins more as guys who shoot rather than pass the ball, as evident with their assists numberss (Billups only averaged 3.9 as a starter last year--NOT good for a PG). Atkins is at this time injured, and look for former depleted Laker Lindsey Hunter to get some crucial minutes to guard Payton. Shaq should hammer Elden Campbell easily, but Tayshaun Prince and the bench might be the x-factors of this game--they may control the tempo and who knows--soon we'll be down by a wide margin. Ben Wallace will block some shots and steal some balls, no doubt about it, but the Pistons got into a worse defensive team than last year...Hamilton and Billups aren't experts, Elden may be too old...but Mehmet Okur, Corliss Williamson and the bench could contribute on both ends...this may be a critical game, Detroit hasn't won in a while in our side of the court and I expect this game to be topsy-turvy...based on our efforts against other teams we seem to go down easily in the 1st quarter--but hopefully the Lakers will come and win back against this almighty Pistons team. LOOK for a game though.

LAKERS 96---Detroit 93
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:18 pm

Lakers 95
Pistons 87

I don't think the Pistons' suffocating D can contain the Lakers. Look for it to pose at least a bit of a challenge though.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:04 pm

Alright guys here's the breakdown:

Payton/Billups: Payton looked much better in the Raptors game, and he played pretty well, too...I look for him to provide us with the same type of performance. Billups is smaller than Williams, so Payton should be able to post him up easier, and get up a shot easier, also. I expect both Billups and Payton to get double figures, but Billups will only get it because he will be looking to shoot. Like jorker said, Payton and Hunter will be going against each other some, and look for Payton to really take advantage of this. This is when we will probably see the most point production out of Payton, because Hunter has lost any skill that he once had, and Payton will blow by him, and force Hunter to turn the ball over a good amount.

Kobe/Hamilton: Kobe should be able to do whatever he wants to Hamilton, due to Kobe being a lot bigger than him (I think by like 20 something pounds)...Kobe should have any difficulty posting him up. I expect Kobe to continue to play more in offense and pass a lot, also to limit Hamilton's production. And it is known that Hamilton isn't a defensive threat or anything, so I doubt he will prevent Kobe from anything.

George/Prince: this should be an interesting matchup, since both players are playing well for their team, and neither are the go to guy. I think George will have another well played game, and he will shoot the ball just as good as he has been in the other games. George can't leave Prince open though, because he can knock down the open shot, too. The Lakers need to be sure to find George when he's open, because he has been hitting most of his shots, and gives us an easy 2 or 3 points. Both will have double figures

Malone/Wallace: Here is where it gets interesting. Phil will probably start off with this matchup, but will probably end up switching Shaq to Big Ben, and Malone to Elden. Wallace will have a good game, I think he will out play Malone. Malone is going to have to play some solid D, and be sure to crash the boards before Wallace grabs the rebound, we can't allow them to get too many second chance opportunities. So, note to Malone-box out on every play. Malone will probably shoot instead of taking it to the basket, so Ben won't be able to pack him as easily. Wallace will end up with a double-double and Malone will get double digits.

Shaq/Elden: You got to be kidding me, right. Shaq will make Elden wish he was sitting on the bench, right next to Darko. Elden can't stop anybody, much less the most dominant force in all of basketball. After halftime, Elden will be matched up against Malone, because he will have had enough of Shaq's beatings. And Wallace can give Shaq more problems than Elden can. Look for Shaq to have a big game. But he has to help out on the glass, because Big Ben is going to be looking to get a lot of rebounds. Shaq will end up with a double-double.

I think their defense will give us problems in the 1st and maybe 2nd quarter(s). But we will adjust to it, and there will be nothing Detroit will be able to do about it. Remember, the Pistons don't have a lot of offensive options, so if we play good D, this could be a blowout.

Lakers 110
Pistons 92

Shaq-31 points & 14 boards
Malone-13 points
George-11 points
Kobe-18 points
Payton-14 points
Fisher-9 points
Russell-6 points
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Re: Fri. Nov 14 - Lakers vs. Pistons - Predictions/Comments

Postby @ on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:47 am

LAKERS VS. PISTONS = :shootb: :shootc:

SHAQ--------VS---------BIG BEN
:shaq:-------VS-------- :shaq:

Final: Lakers 115 Detroit 92
@

Postby G-Lakers on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:44 am

7-2
G-Lakers

Postby Vegasguy80 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:57 am

I see all these outrageous final scores you guys are prediciting. The Lakers havent won a game by more than 20 and some of the scores are pretty out of wack. Detroit is not a bad team. BDG and Ryd had the right idea. You cant take Detroit lightly. And as for Wallace being a student to Shaq.... I dont know about all that.

I say the final score will be 101-97... Lakers win!
Vegasguy80

7-2

Postby @ on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:59 am

Great Idea G-Lakers :jam2: , it's not important the final result, just only say:

7-2 :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby kingjsun on Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:41 am

yeah, 7-2. Kinda like the 72' lakers. Man what a great year!
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:13 pm

Is K-Man playing tonight?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:23 pm

Vegasguy80 wrote:I say the final score will be 101-97... Lakers win!

102-98 -- LaKeShO oF course!!!

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby mv_ix on Fri Nov 14, 2003 1:13 pm

jsm0331 answered my ???... elden will get f'd up against shaq... the DADDY will be asking for the ball more than usual tonight... chauncey will get shut down by the glove...the other three matchups will be interesting.... hopefully prince gets stuffed on his mom's home cooking and will be too slow to play effectively (from dominguez high) rip will test kobe's knee and the mailman needs a 10+ rebound night to help offset big ben.... of course resulting in a laker win 104-90

laker final season record 80-2 :jam2: :bow:
mv_ix

Postby SWOL on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:32 pm

IM TV-LESS TONIGHT YA'LL KEEP ME POSTED ... PLEASE
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby SWOL on Fri Nov 14, 2003 2:33 pm

I HATE WORKIN LATE ON GAME DAYS :bang:
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby mazter_roshi on Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:19 pm

7-2, its damn hard to tell the scores before hand if you don't get to see how the team starts out. I think someone will come off Detroit's bench and start trouble but we'll still put em away. I think Kobe will be leading scorer for the Lakers. Besides, there's no place like home.
mazter_roshi

Postby zetaw00d on Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:00 pm

Have you guys noticed all the blowned layups by everyone!!! Kobe could have had more assist in some games but Malone and Shaq blew some layups, easy ones too!!!! The only one making layups is Kobe and GP!!! Maybe even George!!!
zetaw00d

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:08 pm

Yes. The key to winning is turnovers and free-throws. If the lakers have 22 turnovers and go 8/21 at the line we'll lose.

Keep in mind the Lakers have an 18 game home winning streak. The last game we lost at home was to the Knicks last January.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:12 pm

The Lakers get motivated in their home games. Their more comfortable or something. I know that's obvious, but it's true too.

Yes, we can play terrible defense if we hit our FREE THROWS
Yes, we can actually have 20 turnovers if we hit our FREE THROWS

However, we have to make them... and the thing that angers me the most if we have great free throw shooters on the team and the numbers should not be as low as they have been. It's a free throw Lakers! FREE POINTS :man7:

Lakers - 102
Pistons - 98
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:46 pm

Vegasguy80 wrote:I see all these outrageous final scores you guys are prediciting. The Lakers havent won a game by more than 20 and some of the scores are pretty out of wack. Detroit is not a bad team. BDG and Rydjorker had the right idea. You cant take Detroit lightly. And as for Wallace being a student to Shaq.... I dont know about all that.

yeah...its funny how no one predicted the LAKERS are gonna lose! And if they lose. I'm probably gonna lose my faith in this team and gonna make these car-azy predictions y'all are gonna hate...
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 6:49 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:
Vegasguy80 wrote:I see all these outrageous final scores you guys are prediciting. The Lakers havent won a game by more than 20 and some of the scores are pretty out of wack. Detroit is not a bad team. BDG and Rydjorker had the right idea. You cant take Detroit lightly. And as for Wallace being a student to Shaq.... I dont know about all that.

yeah...its funny how no one predicted the LAKERS are gonna lose! And if they lose. I'm probably gonna lose my faith in this team and gonna make these car-azy predictions y'all are gonna hate...

I really believe the Lakers will NOT be defeated on their home court this year.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Radio...

Postby murcielago62 on Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:54 pm

Is there anywhere I can listen to this game?
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday