Fri. 10/28 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby dont_H8_the8 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:23 am

I was just watching the highlights... did Kobe just dunk on somebody? man if so thats got to be a mean dunk. It better not be Profit because both look like htey have the same build.
User avatar
dont_H8_the8

 
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:23 pm

Postby KB24 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:24 am

leftymo wrote:My first full Laker game watched and here's what I thought.

TEAM

Laker offense - at times they looked lost, and still don't know what to do and where to go, by the end of the game, they scrapped the triangle and were doing what came naturally.

Laker defense - holy cow, I saw a defense tonight. Sac couldn't break the press down, and LA forced turnovers! Nice to see, gotta keep that up though. Teams that can break down traps usually end up getting layups.

Laker chemistry - Tough to assess, I think Lamar & Kwame have some.

Smush - He played great, good enough to get regular minutes and contribute. He got burned a few times by Bibby but did the same to him as well, we shall see how this translates throughout the year, but overall, he had a good game.

Sasha - Did someone kidnap sasha and replace him with a better player? He played like his life was on the line, and it somewhat is... I was impressed by his aggression and tenacity and he actually hit a jumper or two.

Kobe - Do I need to say anything? His jumper was a little off, but that's extreme nitpicking.

Lamar - Got what we expected, good game.

Kwame - Played well in spurts, played well on defense, and I think if he improves his rebounding a little bit will be a great #3 option.

Mihm - Technically the Lakers were at home, but since they were in Las Vegas we got another road effort from Mihm (awful). I can't think of a single positive play by him all night.

Green - He was there, and all I can recall are the mistakes. He got some open looks, but made a few bad passes, he might've been trying too hard at times.

Profit - He started out pretty rough, but for the 2nd time, I actually confused him for Kobe, especially on that dunk coming down the key. He took some ill-advised shots, but still made some other positive plays.

George - WOW, its amazing how pre-season brings out another side of DG.

Bynum - Uh, its his 2nd game and he's 18. Which means he isn't Amare or Kobe at 18. He's got a LONG way to go. Reminds me of Kareem Rush & Sasha in their rookie seasons (god awful). Caught him flatfooted several times, was never in position for hustle points, very slow on the court, and fumbled several passes. Indecisive and missed most of his shots except a and-1 vs. Brad Miller. Still has to learn the game, failed to rotate late in the game.

The other guys aren't worthy of mentioning (if they played at all).

Decent game by the Lakers, and while I'm happy they won, I did notice that those were the scrubs playing for the Kings and Lamar Odom, Kobe, and Smush out there for LA.

I thought I would never experience a game where you say anything positive but it happened. :man4:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55543
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:45 am

The frosting on the cake was near the end of the game Kobe and Phil saying something to each other with their heads kind of close and then sharing a nice warm laugh together.

And the realization that Andrew Bynum after 2 pre-season games and a career of like 20 in high school looks like he will in fact be able to play a legitimate back up center his first year in the league. He's only going to get better from this point on. And bigger. Happy 18th birthday Andrew!
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6085
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby TXLAKERFAN on Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:55 am

Replay on ESPN now
<a><img></a>
Image
User avatar
TXLAKERFAN

 
Posts: 10760
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:20 am
Location: Houston, TX

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:18 am

TXLAKERFAN wrote:Replay on ESPN now


yeps; watchin it now ] :jam2:

the kings' jersey sure is ugly...it's not only ugly it's oOgly
:hurl:
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:23 am

leftymo wrote:My first full Laker game watched and here's what I thought.

TEAM

Laker offense - at times they looked lost, and still don't know what to do and where to go, by the end of the game, they scrapped the triangle and were doing what came naturally.

Laker defense - holy cow, I saw a defense tonight. Sac couldn't break the press down, and LA forced turnovers! Nice to see, gotta keep that up though. Teams that can break down traps usually end up getting layups.

Laker chemistry - Tough to assess, I think Lamar & Kwame have some.

Smush - He played great, good enough to get regular minutes and contribute. He got burned a few times by Bibby but did the same to him as well, we shall see how this translates throughout the year, but overall, he had a good game.

Sasha - Did someone kidnap sasha and replace him with a better player? He played like his life was on the line, and it somewhat is... I was impressed by his aggression and tenacity and he actually hit a jumper or two.

Kobe - Do I need to say anything? His jumper was a little off, but that's extreme nitpicking.

Lamar - Got what we expected, good game.

Kwame - Played well in spurts, played well on defense, and I think if he improves his rebounding a little bit will be a great #3 option.

Mihm - Technically the Lakers were at home, but since they were in Las Vegas we got another road effort from Mihm (awful). I can't think of a single positive play by him all night.

Green - He was there, and all I can recall are the mistakes. He got some open looks, but made a few bad passes, he might've been trying too hard at times.

Profit - He started out pretty rough, but for the 2nd time, I actually confused him for Kobe, especially on that dunk coming down the key. He took some ill-advised shots, but still made some other positive plays.

George - WOW, its amazing how pre-season brings out another side of DG.

Bynum - Uh, its his 2nd game and he's 18. Which means he isn't Amare or Kobe at 18. He's got a LONG way to go. Reminds me of Kareem Rush & Sasha in their rookie seasons (god awful). Caught him flatfooted several times, was never in position for hustle points, very slow on the court, and fumbled several passes. Indecisive and missed most of his shots except a and-1 vs. Brad Miller. Still has to learn the game, failed to rotate late in the game.

The other guys aren't worthy of mentioning (if they played at all).

Decent game by the Lakers, and while I'm happy they won, I did notice that those were the scrubs playing for the Kings and Lamar Odom, Kobe, and Smush out there for LA.


Thanks for the report leftymo! :jam2:
CAN'T WAIT TILL REGULAR SEASON WILL START WITH LAKERS WIN OVER NUGGETS IN OPENER! :man9: :jam2: :bow: :man1: :man13:
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:27 am

leftymo wrote:My first full Laker game watched and here's what I thought.

Sasha - Did someone kidnap sasha and replace him with a better player? He played like his life was on the line, and it somewhat is... I was impressed by his aggression and tenacity and he actually hit a jumper or two.


go sasha
:jam2:
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:21 am

Someone capture Bibby painting his nails on the bench and post the clip. Everyone must see that. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a bench.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93983
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:48 am

damn im mad i missed this game...oh well...its halloween weekend what do u expect
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11752
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:58 am

I have to say this before the real season starts... I love yall...no matter what happens this season... this preseason was funny....lots of overreaction...but hey.... heres to the season starting....and I'm really tipsy......lol :hurl:
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
User avatar
TalkieWalkie

 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: John Celestand's old apartment

Postby KB24 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:01 am

TalkieWalkie wrote:I have to say this before the real season starts... I love yall...no matter what happens this season... this preseason was funny....lots of overreaction...but hey.... heres to the season starting....and I'm really tipsy......lol :hurl:
:mhihi:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55543
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby DIESEL on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:59 am

where is von wafer?? did he play? dont tell me that we waived him
KOBE BRYANT = MVP
User avatar
DIESEL

 
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Chile

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:03 am

DIESEL wrote:where is von wafer?? did he play? dont tell me that we waived him

Wafer did not play.

There hasn't been an official release of him, but keep your eyes posted - this is more than likely going to happen.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:10 am

look at the big lineup nba.com boxscore says we started :man10:
parada, kobe, LO, Kwame, mihm

nice game by kwame, LO, and george.
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:42 am

The NBA.com boxscore cracks me up.

It never ceases to amaze me how they always seem careless in any and all updates regarding the Los Angeles Lakers.

:man10:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:43 am

Jackson speaks on Odom, Slava, and Sac. Town

jsm0331 wrote:The Importance of Odom
Press Enterprise: Lamar Odom is learning a new role for the Lakers, that of the facilitator of the triangle offense.

Jackson likes how Odom has run the team and how he has developed but still wants him to be more of a scorer.

"Lamar has the biggest growth spurt that has to happen for our team to be successful," Jackson said. "He hasn't shown that he can score yet at that position. He's figured out where he can run and operate out there. How he scores and becomes a really productive player, that's still questionable."

Jackson wants him to post up and drive more and shoot fewer three-pointers.

"It'll take some time," Odom said. "It's hard to stay in rhythm in the triangle. The offense is not a put-it-between-your-legs-two-times-and-then-shoot (kind). Other times I've been able to do that in other offenses. But as long as I stay aggressive, drive the ball, I'll be all right."

I hope he can come to realize how important it is that he strives in this offense. It is built to where a player, like him, can really do well. And if we want to win some games this year, Odom has to stay focused, adjust to his new role, attack the basket more, and actually take a few more shots.

Slava Lost?
Press Enterprise: Jackson smiled and said, "It's interesting that you should ask about Slava."

Jackson said Slava Medvedenko had been lost in the rebuilding process.

Medvedenko is entering his sixth season and hasn't progressed the way the Lakers would have liked. He is in the last year of a deal that pays him $3 million this season.

"He literally has to step up and produce and change," Jackson said.

Phil is trying to play mind games with Slava to push him and get him to produce. For some reason I don't think this tactic will work with Slava. I don't think he is capable of much more. The only way you can motivate Slava is to promise him that he will get to shoot the ball, next time down the court. Maybe Phil can trade 4 plays of defense for two shots or something.

Phil's comments on Cow Town
Press Enterprise: When Jackson coached the Lakers in the past, he made several cracks about the Sacramento Kings, often taking shots at the city.

He cracked about the cowbells fans brought to the game and how the fans were semi-civilized.

He was asked about the fans of Sacramento again before the Lakers played the Kings on Friday night.

"You can't do anything about the people that live in your city," Jackson said, smiling. "I mean, that's something that you have to live with, with the productivity of your area. You're an agricultural area. Although I hear the Delta has become quite an up-and-coming place."
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Lakerfan36 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:02 am

jsm0331 wrote:Someone capture Bibby painting his nails on the bench and post the clip. Everyone must see that. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a bench.


I heard that he does that now for most of the games. :man10: :man10:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby Satan on Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:11 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:Someone capture Bibby painting his nails on the bench and post the clip. Everyone must see that. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a bench.


I heard that he does that now for most of the games. :man10: :man10:



He used to clip his nails every game, he's painting em now???
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
User avatar
Satan

 
Posts: 20768
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: Fist in the air in the land of hypocricy.

Postby DIESEL on Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:55 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
DIESEL wrote:where is von wafer?? did he play? dont tell me that we waived him

Wafer did not play.

There hasn't been an official release of him, but keep your eyes posted - this is more than likely going to happen.


damn i dont want that to happen.. thanks for the info
KOBE BRYANT = MVP
User avatar
DIESEL

 
Posts: 608
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:09 pm
Location: Chile

Postby JSM on Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:48 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:Someone capture Bibby painting his nails on the bench and post the clip. Everyone must see that. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a bench.


I heard that he does that now for most of the games. :man10: :man10:

:man10:

You have got to be kidding me. And late in the game, he had his shoes off as well. Who is he trying to be? Rodman?
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 93983
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

.........

Postby Edgar2005 on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Bibbys a [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.].... He probably likes sasha... Thats why he fouled him, just to touch sasha's skin... :man10: :man10:
KOBE #24
User avatar
Edgar2005

 
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 6:34 pm
Location: louisville

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.