Fri. 1/07 vs. Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:28 am

A Laker fan looking at the glass half empty. That's all.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:28 am

TRIANGLE works!!!!!!!!! :jam2:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:28 am

kingprince22 wrote:TRIANGLE works!!!!!!!!! :jam2:

Yea, very good suggestion by Kobe.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Real Deal on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:30 am

Sorry I wasn't around for this one...I was hooked to the TV. I don't get to watch many of the Laker games live (later on though), but this was good to see.

I was going to post earlier that the Lakers were running the triangle...I nearly flipped out.
Real Deal

Postby BDG on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:31 am

HAHAHA FSW just screwed up big time on the post game interview with Mihm. Some production guy's face got on camera and he was pissed. :man10: :man10: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:35 am

Stat of the Night...

The ENTIRE Laker team mustered 0 steals. ZIPPO!!!

Not one...

On the flipside, only 8 turnovers. That was a very good sign by the Lakers tonight.

LA is now 1-12 when they give up 100 points. By NO means is that a reason to celebrate guys, in fact is goes to show you their weaknesses are STILL evident. How many points did they give up in that 2nd half?

Yes but it's all a learning process. And the 100 point thing is a good thing phychologically. We gave up 30 points at the half, but defense has been a struggle all year long. But when it counted, we buckled down, played start, and hit our shots down the stretch.

Horrendous... looks like we'll see more of the same in Minny & Denver...

Possibly, but this is where we need to really concentrate on playing; on the road.

0 steals, by the entire team... that's pathetic.

Laker win overshadows it, don't you think?

Escaped with a win, only b/c we were at home... I guess I'll take it.

Let's see them win some road games now.

No actually it was a combon of good defense for three and a half quarters, and hitting our shots down the stretch. While at time this Lakers team looks like two seperate teams, I still believe they learned alot tonight and gained alot of confidence.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:37 am

By the way leftymo, the lead only changed once, and was tied twice.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BuddyList on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:39 am

Lateralus wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
leftymo wrote:LA is now 1-12 when they give up 100 points.

1-13.

Uh sorry pal, its 1-12... don't correct me, especially when you're wrong.

Awww... Are you going through your period?

lakers won
BuddyList

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:48 am

Bryant, McGrady and Sura will donate a total of $73,000 to the UNICEF Relief Fund - $1,000 for each point they scored. The trio shined in a well-played game that featured a combined 51 assists against just 13 turnovers.

:jam2:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:52 am

i like that kobe had 10 assists w/o forcing the issue like he was earlier in the season
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:54 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:i like that kobe had 10 assists w/o forcing the issue like he was earlier in the season

Yes especially #10.

That was such a great play by Kobe... instead of forcing something up, he created for Lamar. Brilliant and unselfish play by Kobe; trusting his teamates like that in the clutch!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:06 am

That last play... Kobe shoveling it back to Lamar for the tre...and the reaction afterwords... slapping hands... smiling...

I believe right there we witnessed a breakthrough moment between the two... its as if that pass that Kobe gave to Lamar was like :

"Lamar Odom... I have faith in you; welcome to the Lakers."
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby rydjorker121 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:07 am

The thing is, I wish the Lakers did have more steals; certainly, they had their fastbreak buckets, but with more steals brings more intensity within the players, and that was what had been missing early in the 2nd half, when the Rockets got into a groove. WE need the steals and the intensity all starts with playing D; we played excellent D in the first half without getting a steal, what a rarity. Now I wish we could actually be more aggressive and try to steal the ball, leading to easier buckets. The Triangle did help, though. They're at the end of the league in steals per game, somewhere along with Utah. In order to become a transition team you need to jack up the steals; the Lakers aren't getting that done.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:11 am

rydjorker121 wrote:The thing is, I wish the Lakers did have more steals; certainly, they had their fastbreak buckets, but with more steals brings more intensity within the players, and that was what had been missing early in the 2nd half, when the Rockets got into a groove. WE need the steals and the intensity all starts with playing D; we played excellent D in the first half without getting a steal, what a rarity. Now I wish we could actually be more aggressive and try to steal the ball, leading to easier buckets. The Triangle did help, though. They're at the end of the league in steals per game, somewhere along with Utah. In order to become a transition team you need to jack up the steals; the Lakers aren't getting that done.

Reason being they don't trust Mhim to clean up if the gamble doesn't pay off... Steals require you to put your defensive position on the line.... if you got a guy behind you (like Shaq) who can send shots flying back, its a little easier to go for that extra steal...

Instead, the Lakers are just trying to stay in front of their man and hope that they can bother the shot as well as possible....
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:11 am

I didn't saw the game, Lakers used triangle???
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:12 am

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:

I didn't saw the game, Lakers used triangle???

Yea... and not a single "Big Cheif Triangle" remark from Jeff Van Gundy all night... so far so good...
TalkieWalkie

Postby nosebleedbum on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:23 am

It's a good thing houston brought barry and wesley with them. ohterwise this would have a really close game. I'm glad the team only took 20 3-ptrs and kobe only took 2. That's how it should be.

My man Sura did what i expected of him...20 pts, 8 reb, 7 asst. But his greatest contribution was $20 G for unicef. Class act considering he stepped up while guys who makes 3 times as much didn't participate.

That last possesion, kobe should've jacked up a 3 to add $3G to his total.

Does anybody know if DG pled? Just kidding.
nosebleedbum

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:24 am

My man Sura did what i expected of him...20 pts, 8 reb, 7 asst. But his greatest contribution was $20 G for unicef. Class act considering he stepped up while guys who makes 3 times as much didn't participate.

:bow:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby CLICKCLICK on Sat Jan 08, 2005 3:48 am

[quote]I believe right there we witnessed a breakthrough moment between the two... its as if that pass that Kobe gave to Lamar was like :

"Lamar Odom... I have faith in you; welcome to the Lakers."[/quote]

lmao that should have been done at least 10 games into the season
CLICKCLICK

Postby lakerfool on Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:16 pm

Great game for us

Though we are VERY fortunate Wesley, Sura, and Mac missed a few of those wide open 3's.

I am estatic that Odom was utilitzed in this game. It is a very good thing.
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby shoe on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:03 pm

I only watched the second half and i thought i was bad luck cuz i started wwatching and th elakers starting losin momentum

FINALLY BEAT SOMEONE ALLOWING 100!!! :jam2:
shoe

Postby shoe on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:09 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:i like that kobe had 10 assists w/o forcing the issue like he was earlier in the season

Yes especially #10.

That was such a great play by Kobe... instead of forcing something up, he created for Lamar. Brilliant and unselfish play by Kobe; trusting his teamates like that in the clutch!

Yeah, i thought Kobe was gonna shoot that and then passed to odom :bow:
shoe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:22 pm

shoe wrote:

Yes especially #10.

Yeah, i thought Kobe was gonna shoot that and then passed to odom :bow:

Yeah it was truly a defining moment between the two in terms of complete and upmost trust.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Shaq Fan on Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:28 pm

I wonder if they will keep this triangle thing or not??

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Guest on Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:59 pm

CLICKCLICK wrote:
I believe right there we witnessed a breakthrough moment between the two... its as if that pass that Kobe gave to Lamar was like :

"Lamar Odom... I have faith in you; welcome to the Lakers."

lmao that should have been done at least 10 games into the season

when lamar has a string of these games, where he actually was an impact player, I will give him props and might just believe. Nice game, buts thats what we should be able to expect everynight.

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday