Fri. 3/05 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:18 pm

For the official thread on Kobe's injury, CLICK HERE!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:52 am

This was a weird game. Less than a minute into it, Kobe is injured. Then Devean George makes a long shot, which boosts his confidence and leads him to make more shots. Shaq hits his free throws, and Rush becomes our go-to guy. Now Kobe might be out while Karl returns. A bittersweet win.
lakerzrule

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:01 am

See how injuries our makin our team more and more closer together. We're gonna start to win as a team, and it's not gonna be the Shaq and Kobe show. While other players are steppin up, we're gonna be forced to depend not only on 2 men, but the team. We're becomin more and more deep, and even Devean's kicked it up a notch. Kareem and Luke are knockin down shots, and they're holdin down for the bench squad. Man, if we win this year, this has got to be the best victory because with succuss comes struggle, and we're strugglin.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:11 am

That's the only good thing about injuries. No one wants them to happen, but when they do, the healthy guys have to step up, so when the injured player(s) come(s) back, the team improves. It's hard to adjust because the line-ups change, but as long as the injuries aren't season-ending, sometimes adversity is a good thing. Now get better soon Kobe, so you can join Karl! :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:19 am

have you guys noticed that whenever one superstar comes back from injury another one goes out or sometimes two? First it was Karl, then Shaq went out, then Kobe...then Kobe returned but went out when Shaq came back..then it was all 3 for a while and now Kobe goes out on the eve of Karl's return. WHEN WILL WE SEE ALL FOUR SUPERSTARS TOGETHER!!!!

Also, it seemed D George has got his act together. Btw, while Paul and Stu were on the court when the Lakers were doing warm up drills I saw Shaq work on his free throws the whole time and nothing else, that's probably a reason why he did good tonight. D George probably improved because Paul Sunderland said he was the first one on the court and he was working on his short form with Kurt Rambis.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:07 am

Yeah George played very well last night.

But the one player that still amazes me is Kareem Rush. He's starting to look like a Micheal Redd out there. He's proven to be clutch in the final moments of games as well this season...

I'm really starting to think Rush is turning into a really great player. He's playing BIG for us as well. His shot last night was beautiful.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:43 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yeah George played very well last night.

But the one player that still amazes me is Kareem Rush. He's starting to look like a Micheal Redd out there. He's proven to be clutch in the final moments of games as well this season...

I'm really starting to think Rush is turning into a really great player. He's playing BIG for us as well. His shot last night was beautiful.

wow...I thought I was the only one who compared his game to Redd's. They both have very similar set shots.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Mar 06, 2004 11:54 am

Yes they do, and Rush has really developed moves learned from Kobe Bryant. Even some of his crossovers, and turnaround J's... You can tell Rush is really starting to develop into a GREAT PLAYER!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby futurefelonKobe on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:18 pm

Shaq carried you guys and played a great game. He's awesome when he's the focal point of your offense and #8 isn't there to jack up a dozen horrible shots that don't even draw iron half the time.
futurefelonKobe

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:19 pm

oh yea, I hate it when #8 is there to get a triple double and get others involved in the offense by penetrating, breaking down the defense, and kicking it back to an open person for an easy 2.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:34 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:oh yea, I hate it when #8 is there to get a triple double and get others involved in the offense by penetrating, breaking down the defense, and kicking it back to an open person for an easy 2.

Haha Exactly.

Even with Kobe, Shaq should be our #1 option early and often. But to say we're a better team without Kobe is crazy.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby nbafan on Sat Mar 06, 2004 4:59 pm

Kobe has been shooting above 50% since ASB.. dishing out close to double digit assists.. he has been playing smart basketball overall to the point that the laker player themselves have noted that with him out they lose his energy and passion for the game..

but, people see what they want to see. when you have an id called "futurefelonkobe" and then claim to have an open mind about things, you've lost all credibility.
nbafan

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:43 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:Shaq carried you guys and played a great game. He's awesome when he's the focal point of your offense and #8 isn't there to jack up a dozen horrible shots that don't even draw iron half the time.

Shaq was great and even hit his free throws this time, but other players stepped up too, like GP, Luke, and Rush. Bottom line: #34 should be the focal point but not the only option, #8 makes the Lakers better as a whole, and you are wrong in this case.
lakerzrule

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday