Fri. 11/5 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24Gold on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:15 pm

Good game overall. Lakers came too late defensively. Odom improved but not much from our other players (except Kobe). If we don't get better defending and rebounding we are gonna fall short. Other than that we still look good for a team missing some key players due to injury.
Last edited by KB24Gold on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
User avatar
KB24Gold
The Rebirth
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:41 am

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:16 pm

duke big d wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:based on 3 games.


you should be able to rebound after three games.


sorry i was referring to wat leftymo said...didnt think 3 ppl wud respond b4 me...
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:17 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
leftymo wrote:We will NEVER beat the Spurs or 90% of teams when you surrender 100 points/game.


Just remember that. I don't care how many rebounds we do or don't get.

Give up 100 = Loss.

In this league.

Book it.

0-2 when LA gives up 100.

1-0 when they don't.


based on 3 games.




Last year the Western Conference Finals representative were under .500 when they gave up 100 or more points. (Lakers). They also lost their finals games when they gave up 100.

It's not based on 3 games... look it up, the numbers are overwhelming.

Orlando was one of the few teams last year that gave up around 100/game for the year.

How did they do?
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby ExPatLkrFan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:17 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:the refs piss me off so much

omg i really feel like hitting someone


Lakers outshoot Spurs 34-30 at the line. And Kobe shoots 13 of em, getting a nice 28 point performance (of course he was 8-21). Yayyyy we get to root for scoring championship not the real championship.
User avatar
ExPatLkrFan

 
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:56 am

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:18 pm

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:the refs piss me off so much

omg i really feel like hitting someone


Lakers outshoot Spurs 34-30 at the line. And Kobe shoots 13 of em, getting a nice 28 point performance (of course he was 8-21). Yayyyy we get to root for scoring championship not the real championship.


why the hell are you quoting me if your not even referring to what i said
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:18 pm

G|B|G|B wrote:we MUST win on sunday
if we dont
its over!!!



I don't think its over. But I also don't think we'll win on sunday. Nothing has changed. This team can't stop anybody.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:18 pm

leftymo wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
leftymo wrote:We will NEVER beat the Spurs or 90% of teams when you surrender 100 points/game.


Just remember that. I don't care how many rebounds we do or don't get.

Give up 100 = Loss.

In this league.

Book it.

0-2 when LA gives up 100.

1-0 when they don't.


based on 3 games.




Last year the Western Conference Finals representative were under .500 when they gave up 100 or more points. (Lakers). They also lost their finals games when they gave up 100.

It's not based on 3 games... look it up, the numbers are overwhelming.

Orlando was one of the few teams last year that gave up around 100/game for the year.

How did they do?


look at the roster and see how many changes there are there too

im not saying you're wrong, im just saying ur already jumping to conclusions on 3 games...wait 15-20 then maybe u can start jumping to conclusions, i know ur bitter that we lost, its ok...we're still rebuilding...
Last edited by Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:18 pm

The reffin was crap tonight... but as a Laker fan, nothing new. So let's get to it.

First of all, if this is the game that tested who we are - and it did - then what a good sign. A comeback through progress.

This team has been together for a short ammount of time. Their progress shows clearly and they definetely played very well against the best team in the league - The San Antonio Spurs.

I really felt like this game told us we need inside presence. But, we made alot of progress and we really held our own tonight... We will learn and progress, slowly, sometimes quickly... but this is a nine-new-man team. We must give them time...

And yes, the reffing was so horrid tonight I through my dog accross the room.

But the Lakers showed me heart, effort, and progress. Nothing but good signs, remember guys, we should have got killed by 30+
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby gill on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:20 pm

Even with the loss to the Spurs, I'm not upset. It's still early on in the season, yet it seemed the Lakers can hang around with the Spurs. They just need some more tweaks, especially in the rebounding and boxing out department. When Duncan missed those two FT's I thought if they get the ball, they would be right back in it.

But the team and the season is new. The team hasn't molded well enough yet. I was actually expecting San Antonio to blow the Lakers away. They almost did, but the team had heart and managed to stage a comeback but fell short.

Another positive note, Odom finally showed up with 24 points but wasn't a factor late in the game. I'm just wondering when will Rudy T devise a two-man attack with Kobe and Odom. There were too many isolations, and when the ball was finally moving around, it was a bit too late.

But as LD2k stated, it's amazing that progress is already there. Team ball concept and the defense is there, they just gotta do it for four whole quarters a game

Oh well, 1-2 doesn't hurt. At least we get to play some low-tiered teams coming right up. Bring on the Hawks!!!
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19353
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:21 pm

People seem to forget that Vlade is still out. We will play better with him in the middle and what he brings. I'm really not worried, its early and the team is gelling.
User avatar
Neener

 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:21 pm

I feel like a Clipper fan right now, this is depressing. We had many chances but didn't capitolize, it happens. None the less we'll be fine, its 3 games into the season. Once health happens and we mesh which I hope is asap we'll be just fine. Never lose faith in this team, NEVER.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
732
User avatar
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo
 
Posts: 21823
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: USC by way of Los Angeles

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:22 pm

leftymo wrote:I don't think its over. But I also don't think we'll win on sunday. Nothing has changed. This team can't stop anybody.


if they can't beat the freeqin hawks, ima go absolutely nuts :disagree:
Image

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
User avatar
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

 
Posts: 5772
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2003 6:54 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm

remember guys last year we knocked spurs under .500...now lakers are knocked under .500 (even tho itso nly 3 games) hopefully we'll come back and make it to the WCF! :jam2:
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm

btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:the refs piss me off so much

omg i really feel like hitting someone


The Lakers are no longer the "it" team... so the calls won't go our way most of the time... the refs will review the tape and would just say "ooopss" and forget about it and make that "mistake" again and again against the Lakers.

Anyway good endgame against a team which probably be the NBA Champs.

And yes, somebody has to rebound.
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7834
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:23 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
look at the roster and see how many changes there are there too

im not saying you're wrong, im just saying ur already jumping to conclusions on 3 games...wait 15-20 then maybe u can start jumping to conclusions, i know ur bitter that we lost, its ok...we're still rebuilding...




Not jumping to conclusions, this team can't defend, and that won't change after 15-20 games. We should actually just wait 1-2 years. B/c its going to take that long.


There's nothing that's going to magically happen in game 15-20 that will change the style of this team. Vlade helps in the half court set, but hurts in the fast break set. Rebounding isn't improving anytime soon, unless a guy named Malone or Nene is on the roster.

Defense? Well, their interior bigmen are quite soft in a dominant bigman western conference. So unless you expect Mihm to become Shaq, that won't change much either.

They are playing gambling, undisciplined defense, and depending on whether they want to run around or not, depends on a defeat by 5-7 or a 26 point defeat.

15-20 games will just tell those not ready to make a decision, that this team has certain areas of weakness that need to be improved.

To be honest, the team is actually WORSE than I figured. I didn't get to much of the pre-season game, and got some false hope after that Denver game, but Denver might be just as bad as we are!
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:24 pm

if someone was suspended for that nuggets fiasco last year, i hope the ref who gave them the TO is suspended for this, even if its of less magnitude than vs. the nuggets
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11368
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:24 pm

But as LD2k stated, it's amazing that progress is already there. Team ball concept and the defense is there, they just gotta do it for four whole quarters a game

Exactly. Plus look at all the overpasses we made which turned into turnovers. We are playing very well, and if this game was the par, them I'm very pleased with the Lakers performance tonight.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby c.Lin on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:26 pm

A decent game overall tonight. Main problem: defensive rebounding and defensive collapses down the stretch.
User avatar
c.Lin

 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: South Bay

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:27 pm

leftymo wrote:
Not jumping to conclusions, this team can't defend, and that won't change after 15-20 games. We should actually just wait 1-2 years. B/c its going to take that long.




There's nothing that's going to magically happen in game 15-20 that will change the style of this team. Vlade helps in the half court set, but hurts in the fast break set. Rebounding isn't improving anytime soon, unless a guy named Malone or Nene is on the roster.


Defense? Well, their interior bigmen are quite soft in a dominant bigman western conference. So unless you expect Mihm to become Shaq, that won't change much either.

They are playing gambling, undisciplined defense, and depending on whether they want to run around or not, depends on a defeat by 5-7 or a 26 point defeat.

15-20 games will just tell those not ready to make a decision, that this team has certain areas of weakness that need to be improved.

To be honest, the team is actually WORSE than I figured. I didn't get to much of the pre-season game, and got some false hope after that Denver game, but Denver might be just as bad as we are!




thats why teams have practices to work on the things they lacked.
they'll learn as the days go by, and its not just on a 15-20 game basis, mitch did those trades to get younger guys which probably WILL take 1-2 years for these guys to grow as better players...hence REBUILDING.
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
leftymo wrote:I don't think its over. But I also don't think we'll win on sunday. Nothing has changed. This team can't stop anybody.


if they can't beat the freeqin hawks, ima go absolutely nuts :disagree:



Don't go nuts, they didn't beat the Hawks last year! Remember, without that selfish guy named Bryant? (sarcasm for those that claim shaq wasn't getting the ball and it was kobe's fault).


It's early, its important to remember. You can't add several players and expect them to play well together. Actually I underestimate how young this team is. It's like a team full of rookies, they are just that bad. They are inconsistent, will make stupid mistakes, take bad shots and things of that sort.

They have talent, I'm not stating that, but it takes YEARS for them to figure it out. So, just sit back and wait. Since I can't take losing, I may have to keep away from the Lakers this year... for my own health & well-being.

I guess its not so bad, I've already banned the NFL season after the niners decided to become the Cardinals.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10574
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby gill on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm

lefty, granted we do not have a dominating interior presense like Shaq, KG, or Duncan, the team's gotta work with what they have. I'm impressed with Mihm's shot blocking so far, but definitely needs more work on defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if upper management is looking for other possible trades to help in the front court.
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19353
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm

What's up with some of these members and their hate?

It's been three games, and all three are against great (and improved) West teams. Spurs, Nuggets and Jazz.

Then you have the Heat, who are 2-0 after beating the Nets and the Cavs.

We have two of three bigs out with injuries...in fact...Devean George does his share of rebounding sometimes, also. We're playing with one true center and point guards that aren't starter-material.

On paper, we should start this season at 0-3, and expect to miss the playoffs...but it's not going to be that way.

We just threatened the Spurs (yes, the lead was cut to 6, from being down by 18 or so)...and San Antonio is favored to win it all this season.

If you believe that we are terrible and want to give up on the Lakers, NOW is the time to jump on a bandwagon. The Kings and Heat need fans...go there. Otherwise, there's no reason to whine and criticize our team and say that they will be looking at the lottery, will never beat anyone, etc...because it's already getting old.
Real Deal

 

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
leftymo wrote:
Not jumping to conclusions, this team can't defend, and that won't change after 15-20 games. We should actually just wait 1-2 years. B/c its going to take that long.




There's nothing that's going to magically happen in game 15-20 that will change the style of this team. Vlade helps in the half court set, but hurts in the fast break set. Rebounding isn't improving anytime soon, unless a guy named Malone or Nene is on the roster.


Defense? Well, their interior bigmen are quite soft in a dominant bigman western conference. So unless you expect Mihm to become Shaq, that won't change much either.

They are playing gambling, undisciplined defense, and depending on whether they want to run around or not, depends on a defeat by 5-7 or a 26 point defeat.

15-20 games will just tell those not ready to make a decision, that this team has certain areas of weakness that need to be improved.

To be honest, the team is actually WORSE than I figured. I didn't get to much of the pre-season game, and got some false hope after that Denver game, but Denver might be just as bad as we are!




thats why teams have practices to work on the things they lacked.
they'll learn as the days go by, and its not just on a 15-20 game basis, mitch did those trades to get younger guys which probably WILL take 1-2 years for these guys to grow as better players...hence REBUILDING.


werd
User avatar
Neener

 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Ginofan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:28 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?


When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again.
Image
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
User avatar
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.