Fri. 11/5 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:29 pm

By the way...last season, the Lakers stomped the Hawks by 48 or so WITHOUT Shaq.

But, without Kobe, Shaq and the Lakers lost to the Hawks by two last year.
Real Deal

Fri. 11/5 vs. Spurs - Predictions & Comments

Postby Lord Johnny on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:30 pm

ginofan please find that dunk!
Lord Johnny
Clublakers Rep: Puerto Rico

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:30 pm

I still can't believe we gave up 105 points to the SPURS, but I guess our defense will come in time.
Neener

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:31 pm

Ginofan wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?

When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again.

WTF im not happy of kobes actions there...i thought theyw ere buds...wtf... :disagree: wat'd duncan do about it?? did he walk away at least?? was kobe fouled hard or was it a regular foul? and did they intentionally foul him so he cudnt score?
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:31 pm

Neener wrote:I still can't believe we gave up 105 points to the SPURS, but I guess our defense will come in time.

I can, they're the best team in the league.

They've been playing together for 5 years where as we've been playing together for 3 games.

Give credit where credit is due.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:31 pm

Ginofan wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?

When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again.

Haha...come on Ginofan...neither one of them stopped talking trash to each other the whole time. If anyone tried to stop it, it was Kobe by walking away, but neither stopped talking.
Real Deal

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:32 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

WTF im not happy of kobes actions there...i thought theyw ere buds...wtf... :disagree: wat'd duncan do about it?? did he walk away at least?? was kobe fouled hard or was it a regular foul? and did they intentionally foul him so he cudnt score?

They both got in each other's faces and had to be broken up by the refs/players. It really wasn't a big deal.
Neener

Postby gill on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:32 pm

It's pathetic how I'm seeing some people saying they're gonna avoid watching the Lakers for a year or two before they start winning again.

Can you say "fairweather fan?" :freak2:
gill

Postby grego on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:32 pm

The Raptors are undefeated(2-0)..........
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:32 pm

leftymo wrote:
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT wrote:
leftymo wrote:I don't think its over. But I also don't think we'll win on sunday. Nothing has changed. This team can't stop anybody.

if they can't beat the freeqin hawks, ima go absolutely nuts :disagree:

Don't go nuts, they didn't beat the Hawks last year! Remember, without that selfish guy named Bryant? (sarcasm for those that claim shaq wasn't getting the ball and it was kobe's fault).

It's early, its important to remember. You can't add several players and expect them to play well together. Actually I underestimate how young this team is. It's like a team full of rookies, they are just that bad. They are inconsistent, will make stupid mistakes, take bad shots and things of that sort.

They have talent, I'm not stating that, but it takes YEARS for them to figure it out. So, just sit back and wait. Since I can't take losing, I may have to keep away from the Lakers this year... for my own health & well-being.

I guess its not so bad, I've already banned the NFL season after the niners decided to become the Cardinals.

there you go, ur taking a bold stand on how things are...i respect that...and thast what i was trying to get at, we need time as a team together to work on our game...u can stay if u can handle a couple losses and blowouts...but i have plenty of friends who HATE seein lakers lose, so i wudnt be surprised to see a couple guys have a boycott on NBA for a couple seasons till lakers get it together...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:33 pm

realdealbneal wrote:What's up with some of these members and their hate?

It's been three games, and all three are against great (and improved) West teams. Spurs, Nuggets and Jazz.

Then you have the Heat, who are 2-0 after beating the Nets and the Cavs.

We have two of three bigs out with injuries...in fact...Devean George does his share of rebounding sometimes, also. We're playing with one true center and point guards that aren't starter-material.

On paper, we should start this season at 0-3, and expect to miss the playoffs...but it's not going to be that way.

We just threatened the Spurs (yes, the lead was cut to 6, from being down by 18 or so)...and San Antonio is favored to win it all this season.

If you believe that we are terrible and want to give up on the Lakers, NOW is the time to jump on a bandwagon. The Kings and Heat need fans...go there. Otherwise, there's no reason to whine and criticize our team and say that they will be looking at the lottery, will never beat anyone, etc...because it's already getting old.

Don't confuse hate the Lakers with hate that the Lakers are losing.
So I guess since the Lakers played great teams they should just lose to all of them? What lowered your expectations? I guess since Phoenix is 2-0, we should lose to them at home as well?

2 of 3 bigs out with injuries. Vlade & Slava will not be confused with playing any semblence of defense. Doesn't exactly solve the problem, so its not a legit excuse. They don't rebound all that well either.

And NOBODY is jumping the bandwagon, stop claiming people will do that. You undermine and insult their intelligence and loyalty to their team. what laker fan in their right mind would vent their frustration on a LAKER MESSAGE BOARD, and then consider jumping to another team? Are you on crack?
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Ginofan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:33 pm

My Game Thoughts:

1) Tough game played by the Lakers, they never seemed to go away. That rally in the 4th had me scared, but it seemed like they couldn't get over the hump (thank god)

2) I loved Odom's game tonight. He did really well.

3) I was VERY dissapointed with Kobe tonight. I like him well enough and he totally disgusted me by acting like a two year old throwing a fit at every call. The refs SHOULD have given him a T for it, I don't understand why they didn't. I'm positive if it was Joey (IMO the best ref in the league) things would've been set straight. And then to go and try to talk smack to Timmy D? Come on Kobe you know that ain't right.

4) How bout my boy's MONSTER dunk in the 3rd. Good lord he leaped over like 3 guys and slammed it home hardcore. Very exciting! Manu's line: 18pts, 7 boards, 6 assists, 5 steals, and 1 Block...lol I LOVE HIM!

5) Don't be too dissapointed Lakerfans, it was a GOOD game and you're starting all over with new everythings. It's going to take time...it's not going to happen in the first month of basketball. Keep your heads up.

5)
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan

Postby c.Lin on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 pm

Rasho Nesterovic: 7-12, 14 pts.... unacceptable :man11:
c.Lin

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:34 pm

realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Haha...come on Ginofan...neither one of them stopped talking trash to each other the whole time. If anyone tried to stop it, it was Kobe by walking away, but neither stopped talking.

oic, thx for clarifications....u 2 neener.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Ginofan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:36 pm

realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Yeah that's why he kept coming back? Come on now. I'm sure they are cool with each other, things just get heated in the midst of the game. The foul wasn't hard but I'm sure Kobe was getting fustrated and it just made him lash out. And when the heck is Tim Duncan ever the type of player to talk trash? The guy was smiling the whole time.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:36 pm

3) I was VERY dissapointed with Kobe tonight. I like him well enough and he totally disgusted me by acting like a two year old throwing a fit at every call. The refs SHOULD have given him a T for it, I don't understand why they didn't. I'm positive if it was Joey (IMO the best ref in the league) things would've been set straight. And then to go and try to talk smack to Timmy D? Come on Kobe you know that ain't right.

In all honesty, I truely believe the refs called nearly every ticky tack call on the Lakers. It was getting me acting like a baby.

You can let the close one's go, but you have to call the obvious...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:36 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Let me give you my description of the play. Kobe drove the lane, and Bowen has been impeding his progress all game long. So Bowen reaches again to hold his arm, kobe pushes it away, just as the foul is being called. Bowen then shoves him again after the call. Kobe ends up in the middle of the key obviously frustrated, Duncan appeared to try and calm kobe down, but kobe didn't want to hear it, Bowen initiated the contact, and then hit him again. Kobe did the right thing there, Bowen was being defended by Duncan but wrongfully so...

It was cheap.
leftymo

Postby Ring It Up on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:37 pm

realdealbneal wrote:What's up with some of these members and their hate?

It's been three games, and all three are against great (and improved) West teams. Spurs, Nuggets and Jazz.

Then you have the Heat, who are 2-0 after beating the Nets and the Cavs.

We have two of three bigs out with injuries...in fact...Devean George does his share of rebounding sometimes, also. We're playing with one true center and point guards that aren't starter-material.

On paper, we should start this season at 0-3, and expect to miss the playoffs...but it's not going to be that way.

We just threatened the Spurs (yes, the lead was cut to 6, from being down by 18 or so)...and San Antonio is favored to win it all this season.

If you believe that we are terrible and want to give up on the Lakers, NOW is the time to jump on a bandwagon. The Kings and Heat need fans...go there. Otherwise, there's no reason to whine and criticize our team and say that they will be looking at the lottery, will never beat anyone, etc...because it's already getting old.

Why is the Heat in this convo? Just curious. Neither the Heat or Kings had anything to do with this game. The Lakers didnt defend and people are upset about it. What do you expect people to do? Be ok with this soft middle, lack of rebounding and just plain piss poor defense? I know i am not.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:37 pm

Ginofan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Yeah that's why he kept coming back? Come on now. I'm sure they are cool with each other, things just get heated in the midst of the game. The foul wasn't hard but I'm sure Kobe was getting fustrated and it just made him lash out. And when the heck is Tim Duncan ever the type of player to talk trash? The guy was smiling the whole time.

yeah usually TD duznt talk crap...but yea i juss dont want TD & Kobe to be in the positino where they hate each other cuz all star games :man12: id like some teamwork to represent the WEST against SHAQ
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:38 pm

leftymo wrote:Don't confuse hate the Lakers with hate that the Lakers are losing.
So I guess since the Lakers played great teams they should just lose to all of them? What lowered your expectations? I guess since Phoenix is 2-0, we should lose to them at home as well?

You said it yourself...that you might as well stop watching them for 2 seasons. What kind of BS is that? Three games in, and you assume that they'll lose that bad? Nice.

leftymo wrote:2 of 3 bigs out with injuries. Vlade & Slava will not be confused with playing any semblence of defense. Doesn't exactly solve the problem, so its not a legit excuse. They don't rebound all that well either.

There's a reason why I hate Divac: because he put Shaq on the bench with fouls. And with the way Kobe is creating shots for everyone, Medvedenko would probably hit more open shots than ANYONE else on the court.

leftymo wrote:And NOBODY is jumping the bandwagon, stop claiming people will do that. You undermine and insult their intelligence and loyalty to their team. what laker fan in their right mind would vent their frustration on a LAKER MESSAGE BOARD, and then consider jumping to another team? Are you on crack?

I'm saying if you want to call off this Laker team, who have only played 3 damn games TOTAL, then go for it...but you might as well go root for another team this year if you're going to do that. Don't pretend to be a Laker fan if you have the nerve to say that you're calling it off for a couple of years. Don't hide and come back when they win...stick with your team no matter what...because you're gonna be surprised, and then we'll all wonder who you're watching on TV this season...since you're pretty much saying they won't do good at all (worse than you expected).
Real Deal

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:38 pm

Ginofan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Uh Duncan was talking just as much as Kobe. If you look at the replay Kobe walked away after tapping Duncan on the head and Duncan said something and Kobe went back at him jawing. They BOTH were talking trash so they both got Ts, I know you are a Spurs homer and Duncan could never do anything evil...
Neener

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:38 pm

gill wrote:lefty, granted we do not have a dominating interior presense like Shaq, KG, or Duncan, the team's gotta work with what they have. I'm impressed with Mihm's shot blocking so far, but definitely needs more work on defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if upper management is looking for other possible trades to help in the front court.

If we are truly rebuilding, it should be done quickly to put a nucleus together and then let them gel for a couple years. If that's the case, go get Nene.

Rush is worthless to us, but worth a lot to Denver.
leftymo

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:39 pm

leftymo wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

Let me give you my description of the play. Kobe drove the lane, and Bowen has been impeding his progress all game long. So Bowen reaches again to hold his arm, kobe pushes it away, just as the foul is being called. Bowen then shoves him again after the call. Kobe ends up in the middle of the key obviously frustrated, Duncan appeared to try and calm kobe down, but kobe didn't want to hear it, Bowen initiated the contact, and then hit him again. Kobe did the right thing there, Bowen was being defended by Duncan but wrongfully so...

It was cheap.

hmm sounds like what everyones personality...kobes frsuterated cuz the calls...TD trying to calm a good player down, and bowen bein annoying on def...yeh thx
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 pm

Neener wrote:Uh Duncan was talking just as much as Kobe. If you look at the replay Kobe walked away after tapping Duncan on the head and Duncan said something and Kobe went back at him jawing. They BOTH were talking trash so they both got Ts, I know you are a Spurs homer and Duncan could never do anything evil...

hmm im not sure wat happened cuz i dont have cable, and i didnt c the play AT ALL...but about TD....i dont think he really does do anything bad as a player...i mean it seems like him to try to calm kobe down as leftymo said...iono...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:41 pm

gill wrote:It's pathetic how I'm seeing some people saying they're gonna avoid watching the Lakers for a year or two before they start winning again.

Can you say "fairweather fan?" :freak2:

Fans don't have to accept losing.

There's a reason why Clippers seats are available and abundant. Where have you been?

I don't take losses well, I want heads when LA loses... Kupchak better make this ship right or else!
leftymo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight