Fri. 11/5 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Real Deal on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:43 pm

Ring It Up wrote:Why is the Heat in this convo? Just curious. Neither the Heat or Kings had anything to do with this game. The Lakers didnt defend and people are upset about it. What do you expect people to do? Be ok with this soft middle, lack of rebounding and just plain piss poor defense? I know i am not.

Point is, if someone is already going to call off TWO seasons...then why even call yourself a fan? It's ignorant.

I brought up the Heat because if Shaq is so dearly missed, then why not go follow him if the Lakers are going to be too terrible to watch this season or the next?

I called upon the Kings just because the Kings are garbage and they are our enemies. :man11:
Real Deal

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:43 pm

leftymo wrote:
gill wrote:lefty, granted we do not have a dominating interior presense like Shaq, KG, or Duncan, the team's gotta work with what they have. I'm impressed with Mihm's shot blocking so far, but definitely needs more work on defense.

I wouldn't be surprised if upper management is looking for other possible trades to help in the front court.

If we are truly rebuilding, it should be done quickly to put a nucleus together and then let them gel for a couple years. If that's the case, go get Nene.

Rush is worthless to us, but worth a lot to Denver.

The new team is getting experience playing with each other, but people like you that give up after a TOUGH game against the Spurs who are the elite team in the West need to pipe down. I suggest you join Shaq Fan with the Heat if you want to give up on this team so easy. True Laker fans stick through it.
Neener

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:44 pm

gill wrote:It's pathetic how I'm seeing some people saying they're gonna avoid watching the Lakers for a year or two before they start winning again.

Can you say "fairweather fan?" :freak2:

yeah i see where ur going...thats exactly what i thought about my friends who r doin that...but i guess i didnt say nething cuz i know how it feels wen lakers lose..i get SOOO :mad1: :mad1: and yea...but now i can handle the anger and i can watch =D GO LAKERS! we'll get the hawks...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Crono0801 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:44 pm

dammit we barely lost this game
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby ExPatLkrFan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:the refs piss me off so much

omg i really feel like hitting someone

Lakers outshoot Spurs 34-30 at the line. And Kobe shoots 13 of em, getting a nice 28 point performance (of course he was 8-21). Yayyyy we get to root for scoring championship not the real championship.

why the hell are you quoting me if your not even referring to what i said

You were just one of many crying about the referees when the Lakers shot more foul shots than the Spurs. And for most of the game the difference was a lot wider than that.
ExPatLkrFan

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:45 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Point is, if someone is already going to call off TWO seasons...then why even call yourself a fan? It's ignorant.

yeah...wat id do is keep rooting and supporting them...thru good times and bad...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:48 pm

Hell the same things that made is laugh - Phil, Kobe/Shaq - make us cry. Everything that has a begining has an end.

Personally, I'm digging this new team. Like I said, we didn't look like a team that's been playing together for just two game prior to this game. Even though we loss, it's alot of fun to watch these guys progress.

And yeah, I'm with you real, the true fans show their face in times like these dogg. :jam2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:48 pm

realdealbneal wrote:By the way...last season, the Lakers stomped the Hawks by 48 or so WITHOUT Shaq.

But, without Kobe, Shaq and the Lakers lost to the Hawks by two last year.

what's your point ?? hawks games are nothing any more.

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:49 pm

but yeah we did pretty well considering we had vlade out, no shaq against the likes of TD TP and manu...only losing by 9...pretty good...some more experience and practice we can probably beat them soon =D keep ur hopes up and...im done for the night...good game guys :ball1:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:49 pm

We'll destroy the Hawks!!! :mad1:

Everything will be alright again..
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:50 pm

lakers-win wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:By the way...last season, the Lakers stomped the Hawks by 48 or so WITHOUT Shaq.

what's your point ?? hawks games are nothing any more.

Very false statement.

Since they're an Eastern team they count for 2 games out of 82 for us. Every game counts my friend.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:50 pm

By the way, the Hawks gameday thread is up: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21899
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby gill on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:51 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Hell the same things that made is laugh - Phil, Kobe/Shaq - make us cry. Everything that has a begining has an end.

Personally, I'm digging this new team. Like I said, we didn't look like a team that's been playing together for just two game prior to this game. Even though we loss, it's alot of fun to watch these guys progress.

And yeah, I'm with you real, the true fans show their face in times like these dogg. :jam2:

I'm with you. I like the prospect of being the underdog this time around. I like the talent we have on our team, knowing full well that in 1 or 2 years time, we'll be back up there with the NBA Elite.
gill

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm

realdealbneal wrote:You said it yourself...that you might as well stop watching them for 2 seasons. What kind of BS is that? Three games in, and you assume that they'll lose that bad? Nice.

You did say they should be 0-3 right? And how exactly does that make you more of a fan than me?

realdealbneal wrote:I'm saying if you want to call off this Laker team, who have only played 3 damn games TOTAL, then go for it...but you might as well go root for another team this year if you're going to do that. Don't pretend to be a Laker fan if you have the nerve to say that you're calling it off for a couple of years. Don't hide and come back when they win...stick with your team no matter what...because you're gonna be surprised, and then we'll all wonder who you're watching on TV this season...since you're pretty much saying they won't do good at all (worse than you expected).

Again, YOUR definition of a fan differs from mine. I guess your idea of a fan gleefully sits there and watch defeat after defeat, hoping that one day a miracle comes and the Clippers win a championship. I am however NOT that person. I expect and demand perfection, Jerry Buss made this decision to continually compete, not be lottery bound. So if they do fail this year, there will be changes, count on it. I will not be wasting my money watching this team turn the ball over 20 times/game. But I will watch the nationally televised games, but moreso for scouting our players. Who belongs and who doesn't. This team isn't ready. If you can't figure that out after 3 games, then sit there and wait for 50 games, so that you can finally come to a conclusion that took me quicker to do so.

After watching a few summer pro league games I saw the numerous flaws in Rush's game. But I'm sure you wanted to give him time. After 2+ years, I think some have come to a conclusion that I already knew. The Lakers management agrees and have decided accordingly. Don't knock me, b/c I'm faster than you at it.

Stick with my team b/c I'll be surprised? You're right, I surely was surprised that this team with talented youngsters, the best all around player in the game managed to set Los Angeles Laker FRANCHISE records for futility in a game, getting beat by 26 to a lower tier playoff team, in assists, FG's, and FG%.

29%... my god, I was surprised by that. Can they play anyworse? I guess I should wait and see... I think I might have the pleasure of watching a 25 turnover game.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Personally, I'm digging this new team. Like I said, we didn't look like a team that's been playing together for just two game prior to this game. Even though we loss, it's alot of fun to watch these guys progress.

agreed i like this new team also and be a fan thru good times and bad...

yeah and i think the game we lost w/o kobe...payton had a good game too...shows how much kobe meant to the team....we'll win i dont have many doubts about it...if we lose its probably cuz 'toine got hot from the 3...thast the only possiblity i can think of for losing...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm

Great game by Lamar... finally. :bow:
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Supastas on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:52 pm

Neener wrote:
Ginofan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?

When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again.

Haha...come on Ginofan...neither one of them stopped talking trash to each other the whole time. If anyone tried to stop it, it was Kobe by walking away, but neither stopped talking.

Yeah that's why he kept coming back? Come on now. I'm sure they are cool with each other, things just get heated in the midst of the game. The foul wasn't hard but I'm sure Kobe was getting fustrated and it just made him lash out. And when the heck is Tim Duncan ever the type of player to talk trash? The guy was smiling the whole time.

Uh Duncan was talking just as much as Kobe. If you look at the replay Kobe walked away after tapping Duncan on the head and Duncan said something and Kobe went back at him jawing. They BOTH were talking trash so they both got Ts, I know you are a Spurs homer and Duncan could never do anything evil...

My impression of that was Duncan was sticking up for Bowen. Kobe looked like he didn't have any problem and was finished after tapping Duncan on the head, but Duncan wasn't having it and kept staring at Kobe and probably said some things, and Kobe wasn't having that. I don't see how you can figure that situation to be Kobe's fault.
Supastas

Postby Ginofan on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:54 pm

Neener wrote:
Ginofan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:btw, the boxscore on nba.com says kobe & TD got techs @ 7.9 sec left in 4th qtr...wat happened? they cool?

When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again.

Haha...come on Ginofan...neither one of them stopped talking trash to each other the whole time. If anyone tried to stop it, it was Kobe by walking away, but neither stopped talking.

Yeah that's why he kept coming back? Come on now. I'm sure they are cool with each other, things just get heated in the midst of the game. The foul wasn't hard but I'm sure Kobe was getting fustrated and it just made him lash out. And when the heck is Tim Duncan ever the type of player to talk trash? The guy was smiling the whole time.

Uh Duncan was talking just as much as Kobe. If you look at the replay Kobe walked away after tapping Duncan on the head and Duncan said something and Kobe went back at him jawing. They BOTH were talking trash so they both got Ts, I know you are a Spurs homer and Duncan could never do anything evil...

How am I a HOMER when I just gave props to the Lakers???? And YEAH THEY WERE BOTH TALKING I saw that with my own eyes. Was Kobe the one to initiate it ? uhh YEAH is Duncan the type of guy to get up in your face about things NO Was Duncan trying to calm Kobe down YES Was Kobe too fustrated to care YES.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:54 pm

gill wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Hell the same things that made is laugh - Phil, Kobe/Shaq - make us cry. Everything that has a begining has an end.

I'm with you. I like the prospect of being the underdog this time around. I like the talent we have on our team, knowing full well that in 1 or 2 years time, we'll be back up there with the NBA Elite.

Hell nobody knows what will happen with us. I mean, we need one more big man... with one key trade, who knows what can happen.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:55 pm

realdealbneal wrote:I'm saying if you want to call off this Laker team, who have only played 3 damn games TOTAL, then go for it...but you might as well go root for another team this year if you're going to do that. Don't pretend to be a Laker fan if you have the nerve to say that you're calling it off for a couple of years. Don't hide and come back when they win...stick with your team no matter what...because you're gonna be surprised, and then we'll all wonder who you're watching on TV this season...since you're pretty much saying they won't do good at all (worse than you expected).

nice...thats pretty much what i thought agbout my friends @ school who dont lyk watchin us lose...its like they come out wen wen win, and hide away wen we lose...for ppl like us to defend all the hate on the lakers...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:56 pm

Ginofan wrote:
Neener wrote:
Ginofan wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:
Ginofan wrote:

How am I a HOMER when I just gave props to the Lakers???? And YEAH THEY WERE BOTH TALKING I saw that with my own eyes. Was Kobe the one to initiate it ? uhh YEAH is Duncan the type of guy to get up in your face about things NO Was Duncan trying to calm Kobe down YES Was Kobe too fustrated to care YES.

Kobe def. initiated the argument no doubt. But it looked like they were just talking. Not like getting ready to fight, Kobe just got upset.

Like I said, alot of ticky tack calls and stuff ran his frusterations tonight...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:57 pm

Ginofan wrote:How am I a HOMER when I just gave props to the Lakers???? And YEAH THEY WERE BOTH TALKING I saw that with my own eyes. Was Kobe the one to initiate it ? uhh YEAH is Duncan the type of guy to get up in your face about things NO Was Duncan trying to calm Kobe down YES Was Kobe too fustrated to care YES.

hmm ij uss hope kobe and duncan can settle their disputes...they're both real good players...and eh ive always thought of kobe & duncan as cool guys to be buds w/...but w/e

i guess i want them to be cool w/ each other cuz they're gonna play on the SAME team a lot....allstar game...olympics etc...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:58 pm

Guys leave GinoFan alone she isn't trying to start anything. She's respectful so be respectful. Dissing GinoFan= :nono5:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:00 am

hmm spurs dominated paint...by 20 pts...im not too surprised about that...but lakers barely won the fastbreak battle...16-7... :disagree: so i guess the focal point of next practice shud be the D...cuz that leads to pts...easy points...fast break points...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:01 am

realdealbneal wrote:Point is, if someone is already going to call off TWO seasons...then why even call yourself a fan? It's ignorant.

I brought up the Heat because if Shaq is so dearly missed, then why not go follow him if the Lakers are going to be too terrible to watch this season or the next?

I called upon the Kings just because the Kings are garbage and they are our enemies. :man11:

I don't care what teams you brought up I hate them all. I want to know in what book you are using for this phantom definition of fan-ship?

I know SEVERAL Laker fans that wouldn't even follow the regular season. They couldn't even name every Laker much less the rules governing trades, or insight on what management intends on doing.

And never once do I question if they are fans or not. They just don't follow the team as close. Plain and simple. I am a sore loser. If we play ball, you can bet that I will win that game, period.

So for my health's sake I won't pay for NBA League pass so I can watch Odom, Butler, and Mihm make retarded mistakes or learn how to play the game. Just me. And frankly I really don't give a rats you know what, if it doesn't fit into your prestigious criteria of fanship. I'm still a fan, whether you like it or not. I'd just rather not suffer. But you suffer lovers, be my guest. I won't give you more or less credit than the average laker fan, who still thinks Fisher is on the team.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight