Fri. 11/5 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Ginofan on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:01 am

Thanks Realm, much appreciated.

XxAzNJoKeRxX, I'm sure they are fine...you know how things get in the middle of a game, they've probably already forgotten about it.
Image
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
User avatar
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Postby c.Lin on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:04 am

Ginofan wrote:Thanks Realm, much appreciated.

XxAzNJoKeRxX, I'm sure they are fine...you know how things get in the middle of a game, they've probably already forgotten about it.


NO. The next time Kobe and Duncan face each other... there's gonna be a brawl. :man13:
User avatar
c.Lin

 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:01 pm
Location: South Bay

Postby Neener on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:04 am

"When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again."

GinoFan, I never disputed Kobe initiated it. I just think its wrong how you put the blame on Kobejust like ALL the media does for walking back. They both were equally to blame for it. END OF STORY. Duncan obviously said something to make Kobe come back, stop trying to make Duncan look like an angel sent down by god to grace us all with his good behavior.
User avatar
Neener

 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:04 am

Ginofan wrote:Thanks Realm, much appreciated.

XxAzNJoKeRxX, I'm sure they are fine...you know how things get in the middle of a game, they've probably already forgotten about it.


yeah i understand...just i didnt see it w/ my own eyes, so i dont really know what to believe..but i guess they're cool...doesn't seem like any of them to just get mad at something as small as this...
Last edited by Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:05 am

Yeah, if anyone wants to flame Ginofan you're going to have to come through me... and you don't want to do that, trust me.

Ginofan, thank you for your terrific insight, you know it's much appreciated. I will make my way over to Spurs Central when I calm down hehe...

:man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby Real Deal on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:07 am

leftymo wrote:
realdealbneal wrote:You said it yourself...that you might as well stop watching them for 2 seasons. What kind of BS is that? Three games in, and you assume that they'll lose that bad? Nice.


You did say they should be 0-3 right? And how exactly does that make you more of a fan than me?


realdealbneal wrote:I'm saying if you want to call off this Laker team, who have only played 3 damn games TOTAL, then go for it...but you might as well go root for another team this year if you're going to do that. Don't pretend to be a Laker fan if you have the nerve to say that you're calling it off for a couple of years. Don't hide and come back when they win...stick with your team no matter what...because you're gonna be surprised, and then we'll all wonder who you're watching on TV this season...since you're pretty much saying they won't do good at all (worse than you expected).


Again, YOUR definition of a fan differs from mine. I guess your idea of a fan gleefully sits there and watch defeat after defeat, hoping that one day a miracle comes and the Clippers win a championship. I am however NOT that person. I expect and demand perfection, Jerry Buss made this decision to continually compete, not be lottery bound. So if they do fail this year, there will be changes, count on it. I will not be wasting my money watching this team turn the ball over 20 times/game. But I will watch the nationally televised games, but moreso for scouting our players. Who belongs and who doesn't. This team isn't ready. If you can't figure that out after 3 games, then sit there and wait for 50 games, so that you can finally come to a conclusion that took me quicker to do so.

After watching a few summer pro league games I saw the numerous flaws in Rush's game. But I'm sure you wanted to give him time. After 2+ years, I think some have come to a conclusion that I already knew. The Lakers management agrees and have decided accordingly. Don't knock me, b/c I'm faster than you at it.

Stick with my team b/c I'll be surprised? You're right, I surely was surprised that this team with talented youngsters, the best all around player in the game managed to set Los Angeles Laker FRANCHISE records for futility in a game, getting beat by 26 to a lower tier playoff team, in assists, FG's, and FG%.

29%... my god, I was surprised by that. Can they play anyworse? I guess I should wait and see... I think I might have the pleasure of watching a 25 turnover game.

I said that ON PAPER, we should be 0-3...because we should be. We've got guys that everyone else wanted to throw away (Mihm, Atkins, Jones, Brown)...and we've played three teams that we weren't supposed to beat (according to analysts). I honestly believed that we would win against the Jazz, and even predicted a win against the Spurs. You're ready to give up on the team already.

And don't sit there and tell me that you're quicker at knowing these things than me. Not a single person on this site knows exactly what's going to happen. Did you predict the Lakers to get stomped by the Pistons in 5? And you talk about Rush...I never liked Rush, and I've always said that the Lakers weren't going to keep him, and shouldn't keep him because of inconsistency and because he doesn't know if he's a PG or SG...so why bring him into this?

The fact remains that no matter what, no matter how pissed off you get or how many losses (or wins) the Lakers have, you always watch them and always cheer for them. Simple as that.
Real Deal

 

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:07 am

Neener wrote:"When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again."

GinoFan, I never disputed Kobe initiated it. I just think its wrong how you put the blame on Kobejust like ALL the media does for walking back. They both were equally to blame for it. END OF STORY. Duncan obviously said something to make Kobe come back, stop trying to make Duncan look like an angel sent down by god to grace us all with his good behavior.


duncan probably just said somethig like kobe calm down its ok or omsething like that...and the heat kobe had was probably thinking *(&*(#% those freakin refs and (#%$*&^@$* all ove rhis head then TD comes in his mind from the opposing team...and the competitive kobe probably took over...
User avatar
Karl11-Caron1

 
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:26 pm
Location: Antarctica

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:07 am

Neener wrote: trying to make Duncan look like an angel sent down by god to grace us all with his good behavior.


Remember when Duncan pushed that ref? :man9:
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7820
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Postby Ginofan on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:09 am

Neener wrote:"When Kobe got fouled in the lane he swung his elbow out and it came dangerously close to Duncan's head. They had words and it seemed fine then Kobe came back and started it up again."

GinoFan, I never disputed Kobe initiated it. I just think its wrong how you put the blame on Kobejust like ALL the media does for walking back. They both were equally to blame for it. END OF STORY. Duncan obviously said something to make Kobe come back, stop trying to make Duncan look like an angel sent down by god to grace us all with his good behavior.


You're way off base here. I'm not trying to make Duncan out to be the second coming of Jesus or anything. The fact is that Kobe WAS fustrated, that fact is made OBVIOUS with how he was behaving throughout the game. He was more instrumental in the "talk" than Duncan. Maybe if you weren't such a Kobe HOMER then you could see it with reason.

I'm done arguing it, let's all just grow up.
Image
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
User avatar
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yeah, if anyone wants to flame Ginofan you're going to have to come through me... and you don't want to do that, trust me.

Ginofan, thank you for your terrific insight, you know it's much appreciated. I will make my way over to Spurs Central when I calm down hehe...

:man12:



I have no reason to flame ginofan... on a side note, I really don't like gino's game. I can't figure out what I don't like about it. He reaches in a lot on defense, travels a lot on offense, but he sure can fly, and drive to the basket.

He made Jumaine Jones look real bad tonight. Oh, its only been three games, but I'm having a hard time seeing why Jones is clearly better than George. Frankly he isn't. He looked decent in the pre-season but so did Brian Cook.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Neener on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:18 am

Silly me for trying to explain something to a Spurs fan. :man2:
User avatar
Neener

 
Posts: 1934
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Behind you

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:21 am

It's not a big deal. Personally I don't think he was calming Kobe down at all. It looked like he had a problem what was going on between Kobe and Bowen. He was staring at Kobe even when Kobe wanted to walk away. Obviously people will see it differently.

I remember Duncan and KG used to go at it. But anyway, both Duncan and Kobe rarely get into stuff like that, so there's no arguing by whose rep is better.
Supastas

 
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:38 pm

Postby Real Deal on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:23 am

leftymo wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yeah, if anyone wants to flame Ginofan you're going to have to come through me... and you don't want to do that, trust me.

Ginofan, thank you for your terrific insight, you know it's much appreciated. I will make my way over to Spurs Central when I calm down hehe...

:man12:



I have no reason to flame ginofan... on a side note, I really don't like gino's game. I can't figure out what I don't like about it. He reaches in a lot on defense, travels a lot on offense, but he sure can fly, and drive to the basket.

He made Jumaine Jones look real bad tonight. Oh, its only been three games, but I'm having a hard time seeing why Jones is clearly better than George. Frankly he isn't. He looked decent in the pre-season but so did Brian Cook.

Actually, leftymo...I agree with all of that. Jones isn't doing much on both sides of the ball, and I'm not understanding why Walton isn't playing instead. I don't think Walton is the answer, but he's more of one than Jumaine Jones.

And Manu is one helluva offensive player...but he reaches in alot, like you said...and tries to get away with a half step when he drives the lane. Other than that, he's quick and very explosive, and a good shooter and passer.
Real Deal

 

Postby Ginofan on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:26 am

:man10: I love Lakerfans...I truly do.

On another note...

Anyone relieved that FTs won't be a problem for the Lakers anymore?
Image
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
User avatar
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 2368
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:27 am

Ginofan wrote::man10: I love Lakerfans...I truly do.

On another note...

Anyone relieved that FTs won't be a problem for the Lakers anymore?

It is still a problem. If we hit ALL of our free throws then we win the game. :man9:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
User avatar
Lakers Dynasty 2000

 
Posts: 25694
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:57 pm
Location: Pasadena, Southern California

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:29 am

realdealbneal wrote:I said that ON PAPER, we should be 0-3...because we should be. We've got guys that everyone else wanted to throw away (Mihm, Atkins, Jones, Brown)...and we've played three teams that we weren't supposed to beat (according to analysts). I honestly believed that we would win against the Jazz, and even predicted a win against the Spurs. You're ready to give up on the team already.

And don't sit there and tell me that you're quicker at knowing these things than me. Not a single person on this site knows exactly what's going to happen. Did you predict the Lakers to get stomped by the Pistons in 5? And you talk about Rush...I never liked Rush, and I've always said that the Lakers weren't going to keep him, and shouldn't keep him because of inconsistency and because he doesn't know if he's a PG or SG...so why bring him into this?

The fact remains that no matter what, no matter how pissed off you get or how many losses (or wins) the Lakers have, you always watch them and always cheer for them. Simple as that.


On paper? Who plays these games on paper. And you justify your paper response with agreeing with it, and then saying we should've beaten Utah and maybe San Antonio. You sure you aren't related to John Kerry?

We got guys everyone else wanted to throw away. Most Laker fans were "excited" about getting these guys. Were you?

There you go again referring to teams we weren't supposed to beat. Are we supposed to beat Atlanta at home? What about teams like Houston, Miami, Indiana, Memphis, Portland, Golden State, Phoenix? Can we beat them? Are the experts saying we shouldn't beat them either, so that way if we lose to them its OK, by your standpoint? As long as you're cheering everything is fine & dandy!

As for the Lakers losing in 5, well, If I had known Karl wouldn't play, or be effective in any of the games, sure. no brainer, he's the reason they got there in the first place.

There's no fact. No matter what happens, nobody MAKES you always WATCH them. That is your own criteria of fanship not mine. There's a reason why owners try to build a winner. Not b/c it makes them happy, its because people want to follow winners. The 5 clipper fans are nice, but if they start winnning it'll become 100. And so the 5 fans hate it b/c they aren't "true" fans, the Clippers organization loves it. It sells tickets, sells hotdogs, sells memorabilia, publicity, televsion contracts the sort...

I'll follow the team, this year. I thought they would be quite decent. But the range of this year's team is quite variable. They could be the #3 seed in the west, and could be the #11 seed in the west. If Malone is definitely not returning, and there is NO deal during the year, then I'm afraid I will lose a bet with a Kings fan who thinks the Lakers are no better than the 8th seed.

This team has talent, and should be better than it has shown. It's part of the reason why I love the Lakers, they command expectations of excellence. Losing is not tolerated here. 1 lottery pick in 22 years says so.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:31 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
Ginofan wrote::man10: I love Lakerfans...I truly do.

On another note...

Anyone relieved that FTs won't be a problem for the Lakers anymore?

It is still a problem. If we hit ALL of our free throws then we win the game. :man9:



One part of Kobe's game that is NOT clutch is his late game free throwing.

Mihm's free throwing could be better, we don't need him to fill shaq's shoes in this department.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby grego on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:35 am

Man this thread is still going? It's the beginning of the season. Anyone who didn't expect the Lakers to have troubles was fooling themselves big time.

And then they played a quality team like the Spurs. They are a good example of a team that starts slowly and comes on later. The difference this season is their team didn't change as much as many past seasons.

Lakers had big changes, a new system, and an influx of many young players.

young players = inconsistent and not dependable

But with time(the only thing that can fix things unless there's a big change with the roster), things will be fine for the Lakers. The same for the Kings, who will be better than their current record shows.
User avatar
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:37 am

Here's Kobe's take on the thing...


``I think I unintentionally hit him, so I asked him if he was all right,'' Bryant said. ``He said I threw an elbow. I said, `I didn't throw an elbow.' He said, `Yes you did.' I said, `I just told you I didn't, so what if I did?' And that's how we both got technicals.''
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:38 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Yeah, if anyone wants to flame Ginofan you're going to have to come through me... and you don't want to do that, trust me.


You don't scare me :man9:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
732
User avatar
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo
 
Posts: 21805
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:13 pm
Location: USC by way of Los Angeles

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:39 am

grego wrote:Man this thread is still going? It's the beginning of the season. Anyone who didn't expect the Lakers to have troubles was fooling themselves big time.

And then they played a quality team like the Spurs. They are a good example of a team that starts slowly and comes on later. The difference this season is their team didn't change as much as many past seasons.

Lakers had big changes, a new system, and an influx of many young players.

young players = inconsistent and not dependable

But with time(the only thing that can fix things unless there's a big change with the roster), things will be fine for the Lakers. The same for the Kings, who will be better than their current record shows.




If the Lakers ever decide to play defense. Something that right now doesn't appear evident. And defending the paint with guys named Odom, Mihm, and Grant is a sure sign of futility.

It won't be ok this year. Maybe in a couple years when Grant's 14 million comes off the books, LA gets Miami's draft pick, and its clear whether Odom is a part of this rebuilding process or not.
User avatar
leftymo

 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:45 pm
Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby grego on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:43 am

leftymo wrote:[


If the Lakers ever decide to play defense. Something that right now doesn't appear evident. And defending the paint with guys named Odom, Mihm, and Grant is a sure sign of futility.

It won't be ok this year. Maybe in a couple years when Grant's 14 million comes off the books, LA gets Miami's draft pick, and its clear whether Odom is a part of this rebuilding process or not.


Another thing about teams with young players.......

they tend to be bad at defense. It takes time. I never said everything would be solved by the season end, but the Lakers will be a difficult/tough team to play and no one will look forward to playing them, still.

They might not be in the top tier of teams(Spurs, Pistons, Pacers, Twolves) but they are in the next tier. Still a dangerous team, and as a Spurs fan they still have my respect and I always worry about them.
User avatar
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:46 am

The Lakers actually won the third and fourth quarters. What killed them second quarter where the Spurs scored 30 and they only scored 20.

There were tons of defensive lapses that the Spurs capitalized on. Through all that they still had a chance to win the game coming back from a deficit that got to 18 points at one point.

Lamar Odom really played well, and looked more like the die hard player I want him to be. Looked like the second option and second leading scorer that he's suppose to be.

I don't see why this game would spell doom by any means.
Supastas

 
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:38 pm

Postby ilikelakers on Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:16 am

Some of those miscalls down the stretch were painful to watch.
ilikelakers

 
Posts: 964
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:10 pm

Postby TalkieWalkie on Sat Nov 06, 2004 5:14 am

To tell yall the truth....I was surprised that we would be able to stick with the Spurs this close.....

We had them right where we wanted them and the only reason why they were able to get ahead early was cause of defensive lapses that have nothing to do with our guys abilities....just mental lapses....

This will take time...but there were stretches that ODOM and KOBE were schooling every Spur on the court including TD......

Once this team gets healthy and get some chemistry going.....its gonna blow up like a bomb......no one on the Spurs can keep up with Odom, Kobe and Caron......
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
User avatar
TalkieWalkie

 
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:00 pm
Location: John Celestand's old apartment

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.