Fri. 11/28 vs. Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:14 pm

I think he's like 5/6 from the field, and has 11 points in 9 minutes!
LakersGyrl2003

Postby lalgirl3 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:16 pm

Go Rush!

Damn I just ran out of freakin' tape!

:man6: :man6: :man6: :man6: :man6:
lalgirl3

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:17 pm

What did u record it at? SP? EP? SLP?

Lakers win!!!!!!!!

87-103
LakersGyrl2003

Postby @ on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:18 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote:What did u record it at? SP? EP? SLP?

Lakers win!!!!!!!!

87-103

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby lalgirl3 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:20 pm

Yeah I record the games on VHS and watch them later when I get bored and I ran out with 2 mintues and some change to go! Dang man! I'm about to head to bed though, as soon as I get the final scores and watch the post game comments, I'm out! It's like 1:10 over here!
lalgirl3

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:25 pm

hey wazzaaaaapp...I hear its a blowout...sorry for coming late, had some personal beeswax to attend to

and I'm proud of Kareem too....how many easy dunks can you get against the world champions?

PS...I notice that Luke Walton is getting cheated out of assists. There goes Slava missing an easy layup, missing a jumper, and Pargo missing a jumper. There goes 3 assists...lord...oh well its garbage time

But Pargo still hasn't done anything to impress me yet, 0-3 and traveling and picking up a foul...hes looking lousy...is it Operation Help Pargo time? Nah. I say we just keep him until Foxy comes back...and unless he shows that he could bring the ball upcourt and make open shots he'll be granted a roster spot plus playing time if he gets lucky.

Nice game Devean! Go Globetrotta! 8-9 from the field is the shiznit.......
Go Gary...8-11...and we played good Defense too...I'm proud of this team as a whole
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby wongy on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:46 pm

Good,solid game. If they play like that, they'll be unbeatable. They're riding super high on confidence
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:48 pm

The statment was made tonight. We are really starting to make every oposing team look stupid.

I think after tonight's display of dominance that we can say, SHOWTIME is back baby!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:31 am

WOW...first off i MISSED tha game, cuz i had to go with my family to dinner and sh*t yea i wasnt that pissed when my friend called me and told me we're blowin them out by 30! in fact i was SHOCKED to hear that shaq only had 9 pts! THIS is what we've ALL been waiting for...a BLOWOUT against a GREAT team! I hafta say im very pleased with malone and payton, now we are beginning to find out how valuable these 2 are to us! triple double from malone, great production from payton, and not to mention malone outplayed duncan and held TD to jus 11 pts on 3/10 shooting! and Parker was outplayd by PAYTON! we're now 2-0 against san antonio this year, with a chance to go 3-0 when we play them next week! does anyone know if ESPN is gonna replay this game at night?
FabFourLakers

Postby Guest on Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:33 am

Your also forgetting George who had 19 and Rush who had 11.

Postby FabFourLakers on Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:40 am

Posto wrote:Your also forgetting George who had 19 and Rush who had 11.

Ahh yes of course my main man rush comes up big once again in limited minutes...and george is lookin like an all star every time he puts up those #'s! This season is really lookin up now...
FabFourLakers

Postby PiEdIe on Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:59 am

whoa, I did not expect them to win by this much, makes me smile tho :man13:
PiEdIe

Postby señorita on Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:28 am

dayamn!!! i didnt get to see tha game, but when i saw they won.. tears of joy flooded in!!! the lakers are such a better team now! they learned to work together and not to focus on the stars but also to the bench cuz the bench can do so much. im proud of this team!!! i know its just a regular season game, but im takin it more seriously.. damn.. we're good!!! :bow:

"(The Lakers) were very good tonight," Duncan said. "It's not a nightmare, they put together a good team and they executed well. They obviously outplayed us and that's that."

yup... he knows tha lakers are too good to be true.. :bow: :jam2:
señorita

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:15 am

Yes, the fact that Shaq only had 9 Pts. and the Lakers defeated the Spurs by nearly 30 pts. is just amazing. We're really starting to show what we truly can do...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:43 am

Quotes From The Game:

Phil
"I don't know if we're that good or they were just that bad tonight," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said.

I think it's very infectious," Coach Phil Jackson said of the tenacity shown by Malone, in particular. "He and Gary both have impact and energy on the floor. We really needed a physical presence out there. We thought we'd lost the physical nature of our team."

It gave us an idea," Jackson said. "We'll know more after Wednesday night's game."

Rick Fox is a week or so from full-court, five-on-five scrimmaging, according to Phil

Malone
Malone, 40, made NBA history, becoming the first player 40 or over to get a triple-double.

"I think to get one anytime in your career is a little special," Malone said. "Being 40 is a little special. I think more importantly is the win. I'll take a win any day."

It's more important we keep this thing going," he said. "Sure, it was a big game. With all the hoopla, maybe it was one of the big games of the year. But there'll be more big ones. Hopefully, in June."

Shaq
"The team played an excellent game tonight," said O'Neal, who also mentioned that his injury was fine. "We played with purpose. As long as we keep that up, everything should be OK."

The team played an excellent game tonight," O'Neal said. "We did what we're supposed to do -- stay dominant and hungry."

My teammates," he said, "played very, very well."

I'm good, I'm good," O'Neal said. "I was kind of rusty on my shot. I wasn't going to force it, so I just said to myself, 'I'm just going to do other stuff.' "

Bryant
They made an immediate impact, just jumped right into it," Bryant said of the free agents, new to the Laker-Spur rivalry.

We have a full thrust," Bryant said. "Our whole team comes at you. Last year it was a one-two punch, this year it's just a wave."

They made an immediate impact," Bryant said of Malone and Payton. "Just jumped right into it. As far as being physical, trash-talking and Karl's ability to pass the ball, Gary's ability to push the ball. They jumped right into it -- both feet.

"We have a full thrust. Our whole team comes at them. Last year it was a one-two punch. This year it's just a wave. And that's how we play. It's not only myself, Gary, Karl and Shaquille. It's also Devean George. He's featured in our offense. They have five guys to think about."

And as Bryant came off the floor at the end, he paused for a moment to seal the victory with a kiss, smooching 10-month-old daughter, Natalia, who attended her first of Bryant's games.

Bryant responded to a pregame chat in which Jackson cautioned him not to overdo his offense in hopes of beating San Antonio ace defender Bruce Bowen (or Indiana's Ron Artest on Sunday) and settled for a few highlight moments in a mature overall game

Payton
They might want to include a link to this quote from Payton: "We can play against good teams, we're a good team. And we're not going to take anything lying down. We're going to come at you the same way you're coming at us."

Pop
They're hell on wheels right now," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, "and there's no reason it should stop."

We're exactly where we were last year, trying to put together a team to see how good we can be," Popovich said. "For the nth time, we're not the defending NBA championship team. That team is not in existence any more."

Horry
"It's a little uncomfortable, but it's cool," Horry said. "It makes me feel like they are trying to tell me something. Should I go ahead and retire or something? But it's cool. It lets you know that sometimes they do appreciate the little things."

"I was cool with it," Horry said. "I told you guys when I walked out of the season-ending meetings -- I even told you that after the game. It was cool. But I'm still happy I got a chance to play there. It'll give (me) something to hang on my wall."

This feels all right," he said. "You kind of worry about it, but you don't. You just hope they appreciate the times that you spent here in the building, remember more the good times than the bad times."

I have a lot of love for those guys," Horry said. "You can't have six years together and not have love for one another."

Odd couple: Among Horry's new teammates is Hedo Turkoglu, the former Sacramento King who had his own championship hopes dashed by the Lakers for three consecutive years.

"We talked once about it, but that was it," Horry said. "Turkoglu don't talk much. Quiet guy.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:43 am

I keep forgetting Malone made history last night, becoming the first player 40, or over to get a triple double.

The records are just going to keep flowing in people. Amazing.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby strikemode14 on Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:44 pm

heck ya we beat the crap out of the spurs...i bet all the spurs fans are crying "they cheated"
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Postby BDG on Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:23 am

Two words:

IT'S OVER.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight