Fri. 11/19 @ Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby DJM19 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

"But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play."

Well there were some foul calls that could have been claled in the last minute, and that over the top call was obviously bogus.
DJM19

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

We can either say that the lakers are immature and this'll be a long season or we can say that they lost to the top team in the division in the final seconds of the game. I'm going to do the latter...this team is going to need to continue to grow, but I think they're going to be impressive down the stretch.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby outfear on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:WOW AMARE :jam2: :jam2: ..........IAM MORE CONCERNED ABOUT DA FIGHT :disagree:

just shut up and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off

I never seen a loser like u since 1929
outfear

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

Kobe missed four straight 3s in this final minute! :man4: :man5: !
I still think we played well! Our interior defense was ugly! Grant did nothing! Whats up with Mihm!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Sigh, every game we come out like a bat out of hell. Then just fizzle and collapse like the Clippers. We'll figure it out. The team is starting to gel. Wish we could have stolen this one, but Phoenix is a good team.

thats why im so mad...i mean i know we can beat them, but stupid refs and some bad shots taken....*sigh* oh well good game lakers/suns....maybe next time :man9:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby G|B|G|B on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

hmm
how many blown leads have we had?
MEM
ORL
PHO
HOU
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby gill on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:15 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Sigh, every game we come out like a bat out of hell. Then just fizzle and collapse like the Clippers. We'll figure it out. The team is starting to gel. Wish we could have stolen this one, but Phoenix is a good team.

On offense, there's no question, the chemistry is there... on defense... how long are they gonna put up with blowing huge leads???
gill

Postby Lateralus on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Damn I'm really disappointed in Kobe... he was ice cold the first half and choked at the end when we needed his threes.
Lateralus

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:16 pm

G|B|G|B wrote:hmm
MEM
ORL
PHO
HOU

if u count HOU(since we won taht) count in NO...blew a 33 pt lead...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:16 pm

RushDelivery wrote:
leftymo wrote:The officiating in this one was atrocious...

But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play. Kobe deserves this loss for not trusting his teams during crunch time, he can't do everything himself everytime at the end of the game. I hope he learns from this, and at least tries to run a play to kick it out to a free man instead of just standing there and throwing up a three.

No, Kobe wasn't guarding Amare Stoudamire, and the rest of the Suns who scored 107 freakin points on us.

I don't care who LA plays, every team will beat them if they score 107 points. Every single one of them. Even five of us can count on a victory if LA is going to give up 100+ points, they will lose almost every time!

Even the quad squad last year had a losing record when they gave up over 100/game.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby RushDelivery on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:16 pm

Yah, we're a poor road team just like last year. We can blame the officials all we want, but in the end we had a 17 point lead blown in the 2nd quarter. Did the officials cause us to collapse like that? They might have affected the flow of the game, but they didn't cause us to fall behind and have to force a couple of threes to win the game.
RushDelivery

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:17 pm

I'm gettin tired of this blown lead BS.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:17 pm

DJM19 wrote:"But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play."

Well there were some foul calls that could have been claled in the last minute, and that over the top call was obviously bogus.

yteah he shud've passed, everyone on the suns knows hes gonna take that 3...he shud've done wat he did to end the first half...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm

outfear wrote:
Shaq Fan wrote:WOW AMARE :jam2: :jam2: ..........IAM MORE CONCERNED ABOUT DA FIGHT :disagree:

just shut up and [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] off

I never seen a loser like u since 1929

:disagree: :disagree:

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby lofton_wu on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm

hum,although we lost this one,it is upset,however,we see our young team can play when Kobe is not in good condition,I don't think it is a bad sign,we will be better and better,GO LAKERS!!
lofton_wu

Postby Mark McNamara on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm

I can't believe we blew another huge double digit lead.... :bang:
Mark McNamara

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:18 pm

RushDelivery wrote:

Yah, we're a poor road team just like last year. We can blame the officials all we want, but in the end we had a 17 point lead blown in the 2nd quarter. Did the officials cause us to collapse like that? They might have affected the flow of the game, but they didn't cause us to fall behind and have to force a couple of threes to win the game.

true, but we could've gotten so many pts on our part, and less pts on their part because of foul-outs...i mean we went so many times down our side scoreless b/c odom didnt get jack called.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:19 pm

G|B|G|B wrote:hmm
MEM
ORL
PHO
HOU

Basketball is a game of swings, I don't look at it like that. And in fact, EXPECT blown leads from a young team. They don't know how to close teams out, they don't know how to come from behind, they don't have the experience playing together.

In fact, they are the EXACT opposite of the championship laker teams that could come back no matter what the circumstance was. Down by 27 no problem. Down by 14 with a few minutes left to Portland, no problem!

Down by 24 to Sacramento, no problem.

This team is NOT that... it takes time.... not a couple games, not 20 games. It takes about 200 games.
leftymo

Postby RushDelivery on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:19 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
DJM19 wrote:"But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play."

yteah he shud've passed, everyone on the suns knows hes gonna take that 3...he shud've done wat he did to end the first half...

Hopefully he'll learn, the Kobe we all know doesn't like to lose so maybe he'll start to understand like Jordan did that you have to trust your teammates even at the end of a very close game! I'm not saying he should always pass up the last shot, but at least he should run a play and get himself open if he's going to take it.
RushDelivery

Postby Neener on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:19 pm

Jackie Johnson's boobs are amazing.
Neener

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:20 pm

dude shaqfan ur so annoying go do something else wats with u and goin on a laker forum and trash talkin, just stay at ur miami forum and bandwagon w/e the hell shaq goes, no one appreciates the crap u takl here....
Karl11-Caron1

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:20 pm

this sucks..
we finally outrebounded a team, shot the same percentage(46%), shot more 3 pointers and we still lost :man8:
MarkMadsen

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm

We lost but we didnt give up. I just hate how we blow leads that has to stop!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm

That over the back call on Luke sealed it for the Suns. Luke was in position. I cant believe the game had to come down to that.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm

Furious D wrote:I'm gettin tired of this blown lead BS.

Get used to it, it'll happen for most of this year.

I just care about their defense. If they played it, they would've won the game, and NOT blown that lead!
leftymo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday