Fri. 11/19 @ Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:21 pm

expect some major kobe bashing tomorrow from BSPN!!!! :bang: :bang: :disagree:

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm

RushDelivery wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
DJM19 wrote:"But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play."

Well there were some foul calls that could have been claled in the last minute, and that over the top call was obviously bogus.

yteah he shud've passed, everyone on the suns knows hes gonna take that 3...he shud've done wat he did to end the first half...

Hopefully he'll learn, the Kobe we all know doesn't like to lose so maybe he'll start to understand like Jordan did that you have to trust your teammates even at the end of a very close game! I'm not saying he should always pass up the last shot, but at least he should run a play and get himself open if he's going to take it.

something makes me thnk kobe wanted to take that 3 so if he made it he'll be all over the news and people talk about him and everything..i ono im not thinking straight now...just so....GRRR :mad1: :man2: :bang:
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Shaq Fan on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm

Neener wrote:Jackie Johnson's boobs are amazing.

whose that
Last edited by Shaq Fan on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm

leftymo wrote:
Furious D wrote:I'm gettin tired of this blown lead BS.

Get used to it, it'll happen for most of this year.

I just care about their defense. If they played it, they would've won the game, and NOT blown that lead!

do you EVER have anything positive to say? im not questioning your being a fan like you'll say i am but im really getting sick of reading how you think we suck
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby RushDelivery on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm

leftymo wrote:
G|B|G|B wrote:hmm
how many blown leads have we had?
MEM
ORL
PHO
HOU

Basketball is a game of swings, I don't look at it like that. And in fact, EXPECT blown leads from a young team. They don't know how to close teams out, they don't know how to come from behind, they don't have the experience playing together.

In fact, they are the EXACT opposite of the championship laker teams that could come back no matter what the circumstance was. Down by 27 no problem. Down by 14 with a few minutes left to Portland, no problem!

Down by 24 to Sacramento, no problem.

This team is NOT that... it takes time.... not a couple games, not 20 games. It takes about 200 games.

Really good point, even the Shaq-led Lakers took a few seasons to get their act together before they won the championship and learned how to hold on to leads. Even in the 2000 run they managed to nearly blow a 3-1 series lead, so it'll definitely take time until this squad learns how to dig their way out of a huge hole and how to close out a game/series.
RushDelivery

Postby Guest on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:22 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:Yeah, now is a good time to question Kobe's decisions. Last two times down when he had the ball, he took a three. Gotta take it to the hoop.

Yeah, and pick up the 9th charge/block decision against the Lakers. I can totally understand why he was hesitant to drive.

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:23 pm

leftymo wrote:

I just care about their defense. If they played it, they would've won the game, and NOT blown that lead!
Yeah they got no answer for Amare and Marion. Theres no rotation on the pick n roll. You'd think with Lamar's athleticism that he'd be able to somewhat contain Amare.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:23 pm

Lakers missed their Center (can't wait for Vlade, too).. Stoudamire and Marion were having a party inside..

Good game for the Lakers... they need to win close ones.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:24 pm

We played them well despite not having either one of our centers in the lineup...

the bright side I guess.

Damn, I really wanted this game...it would've mean they were ahead of the learning curve... but they aren't.

The process is slow, I think patience is needed. They will struggle with almost every decent team on the road.
leftymo

Postby RushDelivery on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:25 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
RushDelivery wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:
DJM19 wrote:"But we still had a chance to win, no blaming the officials. It was those two poor decisions, those forced quick threes when we had plenty of time to run a play."

Well there were some foul calls that could have been claled in the last minute, and that over the top call was obviously bogus.

yteah he shud've passed, everyone on the suns knows hes gonna take that 3...he shud've done wat he did to end the first half...

Hopefully he'll learn, the Kobe we all know doesn't like to lose so maybe he'll start to understand like Jordan did that you have to trust your teammates even at the end of a very close game! I'm not saying he should always pass up the last shot, but at least he should run a play and get himself open if he's going to take it.

something makes me thnk kobe wanted to take that 3 so if he made it he'll be all over the news and people talk about him and everything..i ono im not thinking straight now...just so....GRRR :mad1: :man2: :bang:

I think he just hasn't learned how to be a great leader like Jordan was. Once he learns the greatest lesson of being a leader which is knowing when to shot and when to pass to your teammates even in a close game, then he'll finally be able to lead this team to consistent victories. Give him time though, he has to take his lumps until he learns from experience.
RushDelivery

Postby magicmoment on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:25 pm

this game was quite exciting towards the end. i wasn't satified with the score, but the performance over all was OK. it wasnt HORRIBLE. we just need to make a little adjustments.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:25 pm

i still think Mihm could of made a difference.
MarkMadsen

Postby trodgers on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:26 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
leftymo wrote:

do you EVER have anything positive to say? im not questioning your being a fan like you'll say i am but im really getting sick of reading how you think we suck

I agree w/ Lefty here...where is the defense?
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:26 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Lakers missed their Center (can't wait for Vlade, too).. Stoudamire and Marion were having a party inside..

Good game for the Lakers... they need to win close ones.
It was more than a party. They basically set base camp there. Without a defensive post presence this is what we're going to see. A parade down the lane by opposing big men.
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:27 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
leftymo wrote:

What's funny is that you thought that post was negative. But uh, they are 5-5 and bordering on the verge of the 8th seed. Where exactly did you think they were good?

They aren't good, and they don't suck. They are about average right now.

As it stands right now, what almost EVERYONE predicted is coming to be true. That they're a marginal playoff team. Now, I'm hoping once they gel, they'll play better together, but right now, they aren't great and don't deserve praise. Unless of course you think they are babies, and need to be cuddled.
leftymo

Postby RushDelivery on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:28 pm

leftymo wrote:We played them well despite not having either one of our centers in the lineup...

the bright side I guess.

Damn, I really wanted this game...it would've mean they were ahead of the learning curve... but they aren't.

The process is slow, I think patience is needed. They will struggle with almost every decent team on the road.

Very true, the road will always be the weakness of this team until they gel together. Hopefully a vet like Divac will help stabilize this team and help them maintain huge leads instead of blowing them, and if he can't help then definitely Malone will help this team close out games.
RushDelivery

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:30 pm

Kobe scored 10 points in the first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and chocked after that! He didn´t penetrate anymore and his shiots didn´t go in! He was something around 0/6 in the second half of the fourth! He should have involved Chucky! Butler unfortenutly fouled out! Damn we led 99-98 but couldn´t stop Amare! Whats up with him! He is an MVP guy!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby kobe6962 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:43 pm

It's not all Kobe's fault here we go again blaming Kobe.. In the last few seconds you want him taking that shot.. But the Lakers lost as a team they blew the lead. Thats why we lost not Kobe when will this silliness end after a loss are we going to continue to blame it all on Kobe??? Come on give me a break I wanted them to win this game so bad... I was getting livid but sometimes ish happens. But by no means is this Kobe's fault... We lost because we let Nash and Amare go nuts. The Lakers will be fine you dont decide a season in 10 its 82 games my friend
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Furious D on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:44 pm

They just showed footage from the fight on KCAL 9. Wow thats some good stuff.
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Cleansed on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:44 pm

Didnt see the game but besides the biased officiating ( yes i said it ) would we have won this game with an interior presence (i.e. Mihm or Vlade)?
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:46 pm

CHANNEL 9 LEAVE THIS NOW GOTO CHANNEL 9
Karl11-Caron1

Postby BDG on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:51 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:CHANNEL 9 LEAVE THIS NOW GOTO CHANNEL 9
Or ESPNEWS... they have all the camera angles there (if you get the channel).
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby leftymo on Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:58 pm

RushDelivery wrote:
leftymo wrote:We played them well despite not having either one of our centers in the lineup...

the bright side I guess.

Very true, the road will always be the weakness of this team until they gel together. Hopefully a vet like Divac will help stabilize this team and help them maintain huge leads instead of blowing them, and if he can't help then definitely Malone will help this team close out games.

It will be interesting how Vlade fits with this squad. He doesn't help defensively all that much or rebounding, but I think they'll be much better in the half court set.

Sometimes they look real good, other times it looks like its just kobe out there...

Maybe Vlade will change that.

Malone will provide that inside toughness that LA needs... that's when they'll go from average to above average. Not sure if it'll be enough to make them a contender...
leftymo

Postby KB24 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:04 pm

kobe6962 wrote:It's not all Kobe's fault here we go again blaming Kobe.. In the last few seconds you want him taking that shot.. But the Lakers lost as a team they blew the lead. Thats why we lost not Kobe when will this silliness end after a loss are we going to continue to blame it all on Kobe??? Come on give me a break I wanted them to win this game so bad... I was getting livid but sometimes ish happens. But by no means is this Kobe's fault... We lost because we let Nash and Amare go nuts. The Lakers will be fine you dont decide a season in 10 its 82 games my friend

You are right! Without all his 3s we would have been thrashed by 20! He was a bit unlucky but nobody blames a triple double guy!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Crono0801 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:21 pm

Furious D wrote:They just showed footage from the fight on KCAL 9. Wow thats some good stuff.

who fought? damn man the Lakers are worse than the Yankees, always blowing a lead :bang:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday