Fri. 11/19 @ Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:27 pm

That call on Walton was a POS. That was by far the worst over-the-back call in league history. Unbelievable.

But none the less, one hell of a game. Exciting as hell, and it proves the lakers can hang with the best in the league; very good sign.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:33 pm

another disappointing loss :man5: what makes it worse is that they're in the same division as the lakers. now we gota cheer on the grizz to beat sactoh :jam2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Helljumper on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:50 pm

[quote="Lakers Dynasty 2000"]That call on Walton was a POS. That was by far the worst over-the-back call in league history. Unbelievable.
quote]

:bow:
Helljumper

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:00 am

What really lost this game was our big weakness interior defense. You can't let Shawn Marion and Amare Stoudamire get layups like that in the final minutes. You won't win many games in the final minutes if the other team is getting layups while you launch perimeter shots. They were playing Brian Cook at center, and he didn't stand a chance. Maybe they should have put Grant back in for defense after Cook hit that three and got the lead. Oh well..
Supastas

Postby Supastas on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:16 am

Kobe took bad threes at in the final minutes, but he also hit some huge threes earlier that kept them in the game. Is it just me or does Kobe more often then not have the ability to bring the team back into the game but he has trouble finishing the job? It usually takes a teamate making shots for the game to be pulled out, and actually Caron and Brian Cook hit some big ones.

I don't understand why they went away from the Kobe/Cook screen and roll after Cook hit the three to take the lead. The Suns couldn't stop it. Instead Kobe got some tough pull up threes.
Supastas

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:46 am

GuyverX wrote:Lakers will have to keep Nash out of the paint. He's killed them again and again by penetrating and dishing in years past. I'm not sure if they can contain Amare with Mihm, but hopefully Quentin Richardson will take up all of the shots and shoot 21% from the field like he usually does. I'm SO glad the Clippers got rid of his no-defense playing a$$. Who wants to bet Richardson will not be guarding Kobe?
:bow: :bow:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby kobe6962 on Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:40 am

Crono0801 wrote:
Furious D wrote:They just showed footage from the fight on KCAL 9. Wow thats some good stuff.

who fought? damn man the Lakers are worse than the Yankees, always blowing a lead :bang:

No they arent worse then my Yanks blowing a 3-0 lead is the worse collapse ever! :mad1:
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby lalfan on Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:59 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:, and it proves the lakers can hang with the best in the league; very good sign.

come on now phoenix is not one of the big boys, now minni, san anto are big boys, so what they're leading our division now it's still EARLY, with the way they play end to end the suns team will be running out of gas by the all star break.
lalfan

Postby leftymo on Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:59 am

lalfan wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:, and it proves the lakers can hang with the best in the league; very good sign.

come on now phoenix is not one of the big boys, now minni, san anto are big boys, so what they're leading our division now it's still EARLY, with the way they play end to end the suns team will be running out of gas by the all star break.

I sure hope so. By then the Lakers should have "gelled" and poised to make a run.

Right now, they are average, as their record indicates. This loss is STILL buggin me... damn... ruined my weekend.

I guess dismantling the bulls on sunday will be a good 2nd prize, but the next few home opponents they will win. Its the ones that I don't expect them to win, I want...

Grrrrrrr...

Don't know what to do... couldn't sleep last night...

maybe I should throw on some of that championship success i have on my tivo...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby dynasty4kobe on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:31 am

I thought that we played very well. We lost the lead when we had our secon stringers come in. We don't have consistency in that area, but we will. Just imagine, with everyone healthy.

Yesterday, we had this team hold our lead for us:
PG: Tierre Brown
SG: Luke Walton
SF: Lamar Odom
PF: Slava Medvedenko
C: Brian Cook

:disagree:

Lamar had to waste so much energy just trying to hold on. With our full team, our second unit against the Suns would be something like this:
PG: Tierre Brown
SG: Caron Butler
SF: Deavon George
PF: Jumaine Jones
C: Chris Mihm

I'm pretty sure that they can hold on for us.

Caron Butler and Deavon George were both starters last year.

Jumaine Jones and Chris Mihm have both shown that they can player VERY well.

Tierre Brown is the player that plays better depending on the players around him. He needs offensive minded players around him. If you give him Luke, who likes to pass and not shoot, then his skills whould go to waste. He also plays very well with players like Jumaine Jones, which makes me think that he'll play well with DG, because DG and JJ are both the same, except one is more consistent than the other.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:43 am

holy crap, nash with 16 assists. i'm so glad Q is back to normal. 1-7 FG, 1-5 3PT.

please excuse me while i laugh :man10:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby GuyverX on Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:35 pm

Those stats make me happy too. :sing:
GuyverX

Postby G|B|G|B on Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:38 pm

lakers should have won it
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:25 pm

Shoulda,