Friday, Nov. 19
6:00 pm
TV: KCAL, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 102
Suns - 107

Lakers Fall to Suns
The Lakers raced out to a 17-point lead, but couldn't make it stand, losing 107-102 in Phoenix on Friday. Kobe Bryant had a triple-double and Lamar Odom scored 18 and grabbed 15 rebounds for Los Angeles.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby outfear on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:48 am

If we can K.O the really hot SUNS then we can made a point to the world

GO LAKERS!!! :jam2:
outfear

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:56 am

The key is containing Nash and stop his penetrations and dishes.. everything begins with him. Bang with the Phx bigs.. I think BG needs extended PT in this game.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:09 am

I we play like we played tonight, we can beat the Suns....

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:30 am

Key to win this game is stop Amare, and don't forget about other players (Quentin Richardson, Steve Nash, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion)! Then Lakers will win!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby gill on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:47 am

Force Nash into making his double digit turnovers and I think we can handle them easily. On that note, it's also gonna take a team effort on the defensive end since he can dish out the assists in double digits as well.

Bottom line is, contain Nash and we have a great chance of winning this matchup.
gill

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:50 am

if we beat them at home, this team will finally start getting some respect for once.
MarkMadsen

Postby KB24 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:37 am

Thats defenitly a tough matchup! They look really sharp so far!
The keys for us:
Stop Nash!
dominate the board!
Amare is playing great but thats because Nash gives him great passes! If we can stop Nash we will have less problems in defense! We must use our height advantage! Odom should be able to score much points against Marion! We could start the lineup with Grant who could defend Amare! Thats a tough game because they are the quickest team out there and they are athletic as hell even more than we are! We have to beat them in fast break and transition defense is very important! I say Kobe and Caron must bring Amare in foul trouble! Kobe could shut down JJ or Q! Butler should take care on defense! I don´t like to see a guy stepping up like Simmons! He has to contest the shooter! Chucky has a hard task there but if we want to win Nash must be stoped!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby gill on Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:09 am

I guess Kobe will be guarding Nash at some point in the game? :man3:
gill

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:15 am

The Suns are 6-2, First in the Pacific.

From last nights game: After scoring 34 the night before, Amaré Stoudemire matched a career high with 38 points in a 95-84 Phoenix win Wednesday at New Orleans. Shawn Marion checked in with 23 points and nine rebounds for the 6-2 Suns, who return home to host the Lakers on Friday.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:25 am

if the kings can beat them at home, we should be able to too :man1:

Just hope the Suns dont get hot with their shooting and have a 100+ night :man6:
MarkMadsen

Postby KB8=unstoppable on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Yes, if we stop nash then we will be alright i think. I missed the game last night so i dont know how kobe is feeling with his foot but if he can D up Nash like we all know he is capable of doing i think we will pull this one out. Not saying he will guard him but if need be kobe can stop him from creating so much. Its not like we dont have the talent. We are steadily getting better each game and i'm liking the looks of things with this team. We are getting no credit thus far and thats ok. If we pull this one out in phoenix people will start talking; EVEN BSPN.
KB8=unstoppable

Postby yanix on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:05 pm

yep, stopping nash and bang with the big boys in the paint. if the lakers shoot well they could draw some big bodies outside the paint. giving mihm and lamar some room to operate :jam2:
yanix

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:05 pm

No way LA can win, they have pathetic -D and Suns have the best offense.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby lakerfool on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:33 pm

We're going to be beat, hopefully not badly

The way Amare is playing, is just at a whole other level...the way our Interior D is, we're probably gonna take an L
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby trodgers on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:35 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:No way LA can win, they have pathetic -D and Suns have the best offense.

He's right, ladies and gentlemen. Let Rudy T know, Shaqfan? Then we don't have to worry about the slaughter.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby hoopschick03 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:53 pm

The answer is simple.

The Lakers are 5-0 when their opponents are held under 100.

The Lakers are 0-4 when their opponents score over 100.
YES WE CAN.
hoopschick03

Postby Supastas on Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:25 pm

Because they start Amare at center Brian Grant can be utilized and really be effective this game. He had a 22 pts 11 reb game in 24 min and 10/12 shooting in the preaseason. Preseason or not thats pretty impressive. I think we match up well against the Suns. As long as they guard the 3 point line and keep it under control I think they'll be alright. If the 3's start raining down on us, it could get ugly. I hope they realize the importance of this game and play hard and focused ball. I think they can get the W if they do.
Supastas

Postby Real Deal on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:34 pm

Image Image
Los Angeles Lakers (5-4) @ Phoenix Suns (6-2)

Previous Games:
Clippers @ Lakers 103-89 W
Suns @ Hornets 95-84 W

Projected Starting Lineups
LAKERS
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)
VS
SUNS
(Mike D'Antoni)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Steve Nash, Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Brian Grant, Casey Jacobsen)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Kobe Bryant, Amare Stoudemire)

Brandon's Analysis
I'll make this one short and sweet: contain Amare, and don't allow anyone to get hot from beyond the arc. Also, the Lakers need to really push the ball towards Richardson and make him work extra hard on defense, seeing that he's a weak defender...he may be put on Caron.

Amare is going to have a scoring-fest on Mihm, unless Brian Grant is used tonight to play an aggressive game against Stoudemire. Odom should defend Marion well in the post, but once he lets him out by the perimeter, he may have a heap of trouble playing against Marion, who is a true SF...and this may cause us to pull down less rebounds, if Odom is drawn away from the hoop.

Nash may end up throwing another 15 assists in this game...that is, unless Kobe has anything to say about it. The Lakers need to play like the Pistons to win this one...close the passing lanes between Nash and Amare, and intercept anything in the air (hands up at all times).

Brandon's Prediction
It's going to be a great game, no doubt...so grab a few bags of popcorn, tell your girlfriend/boyfriend to call you later, and plant yourself on the couch to watch the Lakers take the lead in the 4th and beat the Suns, 98-93.
Real Deal

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:37 pm

I think our goal should be to prevent Amare from getting 40 on us.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Real Deal on Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:45 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I think our goal should be to prevent Amare from getting 40 on us.

That's why I said, "Contain Amare" before I said anything else. :man12:
Real Deal

Postby LukeWalton on Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:06 pm

Amare os one of the top PF in the league. Hes been a beast so far. Our inside needs to toughen up tremedously to contain him. IF we can contain Nash id say there offense wont be as much as of a threat. Were both running teams but i think there the best at it right now. Gonan be good
LukeWalton

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:36 pm

Contain Amare and Nash.. Keep Nash from dishing like 14 assists. I see the Lakers winning tomorrow but barely
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby dynasty4kobe on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:05 pm

This is probably going to be Lamar's toughest game, offensively and defensively combined. Marion is actually a SF, just like LO. Marion can rebound, just like LO. Marion can defend the perimeter. Marion can defend the post. Marion is quick. Marion matches up very well with LO. It'll be interesting to see how LO responds.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:17 pm

anyone forgetting that summer pre-season game were we beat them(their starters played majority of the minutes)? Our bigs got the best of them..Odom, Mihm, and even Grant who had a high 22 points exposing their lack of a big guy disadvantage. Granted few things changed and the suns have more chemistry..but still I dont think the Suns are gonna run all over us.
MarkMadsen

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday