Fri. 1/20 @ Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 pm

SKKG wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:This is where having Bynum in would help because of his length to alter shots in the paint.

Phil is really annoying with his lineup.
Mihm or Bynum should be in. Suns have weak interior defense and Mihm was getting basket after basket...but he went small with scrubs like Green, Sasha, Puke..

Bynum is too slow for this style of ball.

Disagree with Phil's lineups all you want, but small ball vs. small ball works best.


No, it doesn't. In that case, why doesn't every team matchup to the Suns? The rule is you play your most talented guys

You sure about that? Then why have other coaches gone small against the Suns when they can?

Not all teams can do this, the majority of teams don't have the roster options on their team that would allow them to do this.

But Phil seems to be rather confident in the smaller players he has and has opted to go small vs small.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby Bballgirl85 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 pm

mvp wrote:Kobe played terribly tonight.



yeah he did
~Formerly Known As I'm A Queen~

"America is false to the past, false to the present, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future." Frederick Douglass

"Without justice, there can be no peace. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Bballgirl85

 
Posts: 2039
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: The birthplace of TRUE AND REAL Hip Hop

Postby DJ Qube on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:56 pm

Dayam! Diaw has got some ears on him!
User avatar
DJ Qube

 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Torrance

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

mvp wrote:Kobe played terribly tonight.

Correction, Lakers played terrible tonight.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

ya Lamar great defense.... :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:


wow we are pathetic. My biggest problem is the Suns beat us INSIDE instead of the perimeter. wthey got 20 uncontested layups
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

Nice two handed jam by Kobe
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby SKKG on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Total_Package wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:This is where having Bynum in would help because of his length to alter shots in the paint.

Phil is really annoying with his lineup.
Mihm or Bynum should be in. Suns have weak interior defense and Mihm was getting basket after basket...but he went small with scrubs like Green, Sasha, Puke..

Bynum is too slow for this style of ball.

Disagree with Phil's lineups all you want, but small ball vs. small ball works best.

I have to disagree
Was Shaq too slow for the Kings or Mavs style of play back in the day when we had him?
Bynum or Mihm would be a advantage to us because of their size againts the Suns
Since Kobe is tired, we would be able to hand Bynum or Mihm the ball
Dont forget, we would be able to set the pace

Shaq in his prime wasn't too slow. Shaq out of his prime (fat Shaq) was/is. Why do you think Shaq struggled so much with the Suns this year? Why did he sit for most of the crucial parts of the game? Why has Amare ran all up and down him when they've faced one another?


Because Amare is more talented than Shaq. Are you telling me that if we had Yao, we should sit him because he's too slow?
Image

Now This is the Real Charlie's Angels!!!
Brother God, You Are Truly Blessed!
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby Bballgirl85 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:57 pm

ROFL@them starting to play defense with 1 min left wat the hell
~Formerly Known As I'm A Queen~

"America is false to the past, false to the present, and solemnly binds herself to be false to the future." Frederick Douglass

"Without justice, there can be no peace. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
User avatar
Bballgirl85

 
Posts: 2039
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:12 pm
Location: The birthplace of TRUE AND REAL Hip Hop

Postby Cleansed on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Meh....at least our main competitors all lost tonight (save Minny).

Fortunate we are.

If only we won the game last night......
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
User avatar
Cleansed

 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Postby BDG on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:58 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
mvp wrote:Kobe played terribly tonight.

Correction, Lakers played terrible tonight.
In other words, Kobe played terrible tonight. :man10:
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40954
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby JSM on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:58 pm

Kobe-20 4th quarter points tonight.

Wow, 20 in this 4th. 21 in last night's first, and the game last night went into OT. He's got to be tired as hell. MITCH...GET HIM SOME DAMN HELP!
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:59 pm

I don´t want to know what happened to the Lakers dicsussion forum :scurred:
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55547
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:00 am

SKKG wrote:Because Amare is more talented than Shaq. Are you telling me that if we had Yao, we should sit him because he's too slow?

No, because what's their other options? Deke? Howard? :man10:

I said if the team thinks they have options on their team that would allow them to successfully matchup small vs small. Rockets don't have that, at least come up with a realistic comparison.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby SKKG on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:01 am

jsm0331 wrote:
SKKG wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:This is where having Bynum in would help because of his length to alter shots in the paint.

Phil is really annoying with his lineup.
Mihm or Bynum should be in. Suns have weak interior defense and Mihm was getting basket after basket...but he went small with scrubs like Green, Sasha, Puke..

Bynum is too slow for this style of ball.

Disagree with Phil's lineups all you want, but small ball vs. small ball works best.


No, it doesn't. In that case, why doesn't every team matchup to the Suns? The rule is you play your most talented guys

You sure about that? Then why have other coaches gone small against the Suns when they can?

Not all teams can do this, the majority of teams don't have the roster options on their team that would allow them to do this.

But Phil seems to be rather confident in the smaller players he has and has opted to go small vs small.


Which teams have tried to matchup against them?

And yes, Phil has gone small against the Suns, which is why we're 0-2. You know, you can talk if the outcome had been different, but when the scoreboard is as it is, I might just keep my mouth shut. I know I would.
Image

Now This is the Real Charlie's Angels!!!
Brother God, You Are Truly Blessed!
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby mulisha on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:02 am

When Kobe wasn't hitting his shots, he came out in the 3rd looking for others but no one could hit anything. Tonight just reenforces the idea that this entire team depends on Kobe and when his shots are falling, there really is no one else that can step up.
mulisha

 
Posts: 649
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 2:16 am

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:03 am

I wish we would have played a better game, but did yall really expect to win this one?

Suns are one of the best teams in the league. This is our 2nd game in as many nights, and most of our players used up all they had in the OT last night. I expected a flat performance and that's what I saw. No shocker.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby SKKG on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:04 am

jsm0331 wrote:
SKKG wrote:Because Amare is more talented than Shaq. Are you telling me that if we had Yao, we should sit him because he's too slow?

No, because what's their other options? Deke? Howard? :man10:

I said if the team thinks they have options on their team that would allow them to successfully matchup small vs small. Rockets don't have that, at least come up with a realistic comparison.


Howard is better than Cook. And we don't know if Bynum couldn't make the same impact as Yao because Phil hasn't played him yet.
Image

Now This is the Real Charlie's Angels!!!
Brother God, You Are Truly Blessed!
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby mvp on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:05 am

Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.
Can you dig it, sucka?
User avatar
mvp

 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby Cleansed on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:05 am

mulisha wrote:When Kobe wasn't hitting his shots, he came out in the 3rd looking for others but no one could hit anything. Tonight just reenforces the idea that this entire team depends on Kobe and when his shots are falling, there really is no one else that can step up.


Bing-f'in - o


20 Pts in the 4th after 50+ the previous night (and he is going up a against a decent defender in Bell)? I dont give a rats arse .....get that dude some help. He shouldnt HAVE to drop $35-45 pts every night just to have a chance.

A friggin chance.....
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
User avatar
Cleansed

 
Posts: 3419
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:40 pm

Postby reflekt on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:06 am

mulisha wrote:When Kobe wasn't hitting his shots, he came out in the 3rd looking for others but no one could hit anything. Tonight just reenforces the idea that this entire team depends on Kobe and when his shots are falling, there really is no one else that can step up.


which is exactly why odom needs to be traded. when kobe's game isn't going, no one else can chip in and help out.

the suns have eddie house to spark off the bench, nash to score, raja bell to go off, barbosa, diaw, MARION, etc etc etc.

who do the lakers have that can go off? odom? NO. devean george? no, not more than 20 pionts for sure. mihm? lol?

this is exactly why we need a legitimate 20ppg scorer to give us another offensive weapon.

walton can't do anything but pass
sasha can't do anything but be a spot up shooter


damn. we're so desperate. after watching games like these, i don't know how we have 21 wins so far this season.

apparently, our defense is what has been key for us. but wow, our defense was absolutely non-existent tonight.

any team that uses the pick n' roll play a billion times a game against us, we get screwed so hard.
User avatar
reflekt

 
Posts: 328
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:23 pm

Postby Total_Package on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:08 am

mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


BUT he had 37pts
thats a little bit over 1/3 of the pts scored from the Lakers
No-one else is stepping up
FAQs:
Caron Butler totally owns Kwame Brown
You guys need to stop acting like if Brown>Butler.
Butler was the better offensive player. Kwame is just a bench player averaging 21mins/6pts/6rebs per game on solid defense.
If a PG wanted to, he could box out Kwame...
Total_Package

 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Ogden Utah

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:11 am

SKKG wrote:Which teams have tried to matchup against them?

Nuggets, Sonics, Bulls, Wolves (for short durations), Mavs, Bucks, Hawks
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94002
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby scheven on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:11 am

Total_Package wrote:
mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


BUT he had 37pts
thats a little bit over 1/3 of the pts scored from the Lakers
No-one else is stepping up

it's because he was trying to get the lakers back in thae game by shooting all those 3's at the end....
User avatar
scheven

 
Posts: 7738
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:47 am
Location: century tuna

Postby DJ Qube on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 am

mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


I disagree that Kobe's horrible shooting was the main reason. I remember at least 5+ shots where he had the ball with just a few ticks on the clock. Plus, he was chucking up threes late in the 4th because the deficit was so large.... I would have him do the same thing. Being generous, let's say 5 of those shots he made and missed out of pure necessity. That puts him at 12/28 "real" shots... that puts him at 43%... better than the rest of the team that had WIDE OPEN LOOKS.
User avatar
DJ Qube

 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Torrance

Postby Danny Ainge on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 am

SKKG wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
SKKG wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:This is where having Bynum in would help because of his length to alter shots in the paint.

Phil is really annoying with his lineup.
Mihm or Bynum should be in. Suns have weak interior defense and Mihm was getting basket after basket...but he went small with scrubs like Green, Sasha, Puke..

Bynum is too slow for this style of ball.

Disagree with Phil's lineups all you want, but small ball vs. small ball works best.


No, it doesn't. In that case, why doesn't every team matchup to the Suns? The rule is you play your most talented guys

You sure about that? Then why have other coaches gone small against the Suns when they can?

Not all teams can do this, the majority of teams don't have the roster options on their team that would allow them to do this.

But Phil seems to be rather confident in the smaller players he has and has opted to go small vs small.


Which teams have tried to matchup against them?

And yes, Phil has gone small against the Suns, which is why we're 0-2. You know, you can talk if the outcome had been different, but when the scoreboard is as it is, I might just keep my mouth shut. I know I would.
Thing is your not going to beat them at their game. So why try? Lets play big inside basketball the kind we know gets us good looks and not 27 foot shots that havent a prayer in the world. But Offense really isnt the story tonight its defense and on defense they hacke dinto our paint at will and we had to big to intimidate shots. I thought putting Bynum would through them out of their rythym just a bit. They exploited our weakness and we didnt exploit theirs which is lack of frontcourt depth. Not to say our front court is that well off but at the momment it is better than a Amare absent club.
Image
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
User avatar
Danny Ainge

 
Posts: 9331
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:54 pm
Location: El Dorado Hills

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.