Fri. 1/20 @ Suns - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:12 am

mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.

Had Kobe not shot those shots who would have? Who would have made them?
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94034
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby halekulani on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:13 am

mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


go away
seriously.

the lakers weren't going to win shooting 41%.

kobe shouldn't have to score 34 a night just to get a W
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8787
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Postby mvp on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:17 am

Total_Package wrote:
mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


BUT he had 37pts
thats a little bit over 1/3 of the pts scored from the Lakers
No-one else is stepping up


Yeah, but those 37 points were somewhat detrimental to the team.

36 percent, no matter how many points, is not efficient and won't win many games.

But, he was due for a bad game, anyway.
Can you dig it, sucka?
User avatar
mvp

 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby mvp on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:19 am

DJ Qube wrote:
mvp wrote:Kobe's teammates were 23/55 for 41.8 percent from the field

Kobe was 12/33 for 36.3 percent from the field; he was also 4/13 from three point land.

Kobe's horrible shooting tonight was a main reason why we lost.


I disagree that Kobe's horrible shooting was the main reason. I remember at least 5+ shots where he had the ball with just a few ticks on the clock. Plus, he was chucking up threes late in the 4th because the deficit was so large.... I would have him do the same thing. Being generous, let's say 5 of those shots he made and missed out of pure necessity. That puts him at 12/28 "real" shots... that puts him at 43%... better than the rest of the team that had WIDE OPEN LOOKS.


I said a main reason, not the main reason.

Lamar's lack of heart and inability to impact the game in any way shape or form is another reason. Kwame not being worth a damn is another....the list goes on and on.
Can you dig it, sucka?
User avatar
mvp

 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby mvp on Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:22 am

Lamar had 15 points and 12 boards, with only TWO of those boards coming in the second half, and I believe 3 coming in the last three quarters.

With that said, Lamar was 7/12 from the field and has been shooting the ball better than Kobe for the season at around 46.2 percent. I don't know if Lamar is just too tentative to shoot the ball more, or if Kobe's domination of the shots has become somewhat a hindrance to the team.
Can you dig it, sucka?
User avatar
mvp

 
Posts: 656
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Postby magicmoment on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:02 am

maNNN! we were playing well in the 1st half of the game. but i guess we got tired in the 2nd half.. we completely let go! :man5:

oh well.. i didnt expect us to really win.. although i wanted us to! Pheonix is a really god team!

better luck next time... lets just beat the Raptors.


oh.. just thought it was kinda funny.. did any of u guys hear when Joel Meyers said, "& he was up on his grill!" ? hehe.. just sounded funny coming from him! :mhihi:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!


add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
User avatar
magicmoment

 
Posts: 9197
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 12:21 pm
Location: S0UTH BAY --

Postby KB24 on Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:52 am

the most shocking fact of the night
the best perimeter team plays the 25th best perimeter team and the 25th best perimeter team takes more perimter shots. :disagree:
What did Laker fans do wrong to deserve watching these morons like Sasha, Puke, Cook log in big minutes.
Image

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
User avatar
KB24
Site Admin
 
Posts: 55536
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:56 pm
Location: In Heaven

Postby air_bryant08 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:07 pm

ODUMB HAS 1 POINT :mad1: :mad1: :disagree: :disagree: :man2: :man2:
Image
"This game is in the refrigerator. The door's closed, the lights are out, the eggs are coolin', the butter's gettin' hard, and the JELLO'S JIGGLIN'!" -Chick Hearn
User avatar
air_bryant08

 
Posts: 3275
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:11 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.