Friday, Jan. 20
7:30pm
TV: ESPN, KCAL
Radio : XTRA 570/ESPN 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 109
Suns - 118

Lakers Fall in Phoenix
Kobe Bryant scored 37 points, but the Lakers, playing in road games in back-to-back nights, fell to the Suns 106-93 in Phoenix on Friday. Lamar Odom added a double-double with 15 points and 12 rebounds. Los Angeles shot just 40 percent from the field compared to Phoenix's 49 percent. L.A. looks to bounce at home Sunday against the Toronto Raptors.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:16 am

To think we could of had the kings game in the bag and we didnt need to worry about this game that much....but no..the worst thing had to happen..we choke and go into overtime. If they win this game against Phoenix, itll make up for the the Kings loss, but I doubt that' ll happen. :bang:
MarkMadsen

Postby scheven on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:30 am

something is wrong with the kings game....

maybe phil intentionally let the lakers lose in the kings game to maybe teach them something that can benefit them in their future games.....

some of the coaching mistakes i found:

- odom rushing and driving in getting the off. foul when WE HAVE THE LEAD
- kobe rested too much in the 2ndQ
- odom taking the last shot in the 4th....ever heard of the clutch player we have named KObe Bryant?
- when we were down with a few seconds left, lakers didn't foul and just let the kings run the clock down, and then they fouled when the clock has gone for like 20 seconds already....
-put luke in to guard abdur-rahim....when we still have kwame and cook to use....

so do you really think a coach with 9 rings will make these mistakes without intention?
scheven

Postby nameant on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:42 am

just take this one off and get our guys some rest.

21-19
nameant

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:57 am

nameant wrote:just take this one off and get our guys some rest.

21-19

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:17 am

Hopefully, they have a chance to win in the end.. I won't follow this game though because I just can't stand Lamar right now, I just don't want to see or hear him.. the stupid idiot.. Man, I'm so disappointed. I'm changing my avy later.. :mad1:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby KoOL pLaYa C on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:12 am

Kobe is gonna be really mad this game. I expect another 45+ point game and hopefully the other guys can feed him the ball enough in the 4th quarter for us to win the game. Lamar will probably score like 5 points tonight but as long as he's out for the last minute of the game were gonna be fine.

I believe we can win :jam2:
KoOL pLaYa C

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:20 am

KoOL pLaYa C wrote:Kobe is gonna be really mad this game. I expect another 45+ point game and hopefully the other guys can feed him the ball enough in the 4th quarter for us to win the game. Lamar will probably score like 5 points tonight but as long as he's out for the last minute of the game were gonna be fine.

I believe we can win :jam2:

Kobe has Bell in his mind :man9:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:21 am

change of strategy. We are going to win and Kobe is going to abuse Raja Bell after their altercation in the last game.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby bumrusherer on Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:19 am

Lakers march into the land of the sun, and stomp away with a victory.

No doubt that Phoenix fans are going to be watching a Kobe special tonight.
bumrusherer

Postby extreme on Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:36 pm

Just 2 more games 100% then we have 5 days rest :jam2:
extreme
ClubLakers Rep: Belgium

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:05 pm

Lakers will win this game.

Phil and co. will prepare these guys, especially after that mental breakdown last night. Alot of people are writing the Lakers off, I however, don't forget how well we play after dissapointing losses on the average.

However, this game will not be easy. We need a big game from Smush offensively and defensively.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby c.Lin on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:19 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Lakers will win this game.

Phil and co. will prepare these guys, especially after that mental breakdown last night. Alot of people are writing the Lakers off, I however, don't forget how well we play after dissapointing losses on the average.

However, this game will not be easy. We need a big game from Smush offensively and defensively.

That's pretty optomistic, man. We're gonna be playing the second of a back-to-back. Not ot mention that yesterday's game went into OT. Phoenix is playing extremely well. I can't see Smush coming close to defending Nash through all those pick n rolls they run. It's going to be tough. I'll be really impressed if they can come out with a win.
c.Lin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Last game vs. Queens, we had to win, Odom played extremelly dumb over last 30 seconds, he should've just turned this game into win and we could happy go to Phoenix. Now we had to play in OT and now we're gonna play back-to-back against Suns, like in 2nd regular season game. But this time I expect a win.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Little_Duck on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:53 pm

KB8@CL wrote:change of strategy. We are going to win and Kobe is going to abuse Raja Bell after their altercation in the last game.

I'm not so sure about that. Bell tends to pester Kobe on the defensive end, but either way, Kobe gets the job done.

If the Lakers can stay within striking distance for this game (even if they trail the whole game by 5 or something points) we have a great chance. Kobe will not let the same thing happen twice, and neither will Lamar (if he does something stupid again THEN we can give up hope).
Little_Duck

Postby MarkMadsen on Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:59 pm

if it helps, Odom will be audtioning for an Olympic spot tonight. That could give him some extra motivation. :man1:
MarkMadsen

Postby (¯`·.->:.ICED T.:< on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:12 pm

we have lost 5 straight to the suns make it 6. no way we can beat them after a back to back OT.

still good luck to them. i think this is going to be like the other five game we have lost to them. they might loose by 5-10 points.
(¯`·.->:.ICED T.:<

Postby magicmoment on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm

the Lakers better win this one to make up for the loss last night :mhihi:
hehe..

bring it on
:man9:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:43 pm

ok........before everyone starts bashing me, Let me say two things. 1. Even though I live in Phoenix, I hate them. I wanna see them get blown out in every game they play not matter who they are playing. 2. Even though I'm ticked at Lamar Odom for the dumbest play of the year, here's my take.

Lamar Odom is the key to us winning tonight. He has an advantage over Diaw & Marion....if he chooses to post & exploit that match up all night night. Forget driving he's got to post up. Same goes for Mihm & Kwame, they have to beat Phx up inside. If they do.....Phx is going to counter with small ball.....which we can hang with that.

It may sound stupid but I've seen these guys play quite a bit. Teams that are successful against them stay at home with thier man, and they get back on D. The key to beating them is making Nash a scorer. Kinda the Kobe thinking. Let Nash get his but stop everyone else by staying at home and taking away the open 3's & wide open looks.

I know, I know.....you guys are going to say they got Marion. Like I've said I live in Phx, I've watched this guy play since he came here. He has made a living off of other good players. Marbury, Kidd, & Nash. This guy can't create his own shot. He gets all his points off of fast breaks, open shots because of Nash, back picks for lobs, & tip ins because people forget about him because they are so pre-occupied with Nash & the 3pt shooters. Shut down all the other players & make Nash take contested shots all night long & we will win. Easier said than done, but that is what it is gonna take.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby magicmoment on Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:51 pm

we need to play D E F E N S E!

anyway....
GO LAKERS!!!! :stix:
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby The Kobster on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:28 pm

For sure the odds are against us: It's the second game of a back-to-back. We played in OT last night. It was a brutal loss, a game we already had won.
But that's also the reason for hope. Because everybody is predicting a loss, so maybe the Suns take this one a little bit lightly.
Of course we need to have a total team effort to win this one, especially on the defensive end. Let Nash get his points, but don't let him get the other guys involved. We have to play very good transition defense.
We have to establish a strong post presence either if it's Kwame, Chris or Lamar. Kobe doesn't have to score 40 or 50 points but he has to shoot around 50% from the field and has to get to the free throw line and his defenders in foul trouble.

Nevertheless i don't expect a W tonight but i hope for a happy ending after last nights brutal loss.
"Don't wait around for your life to happen to you. Find something that makes you happy, and do it. Because everything else is all just background noise."
The Kobster

Postby raidawg87 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:57 pm

The Lakes will come out strong this game and I know we will win. This is the type of game that Phil shows his stripes. Lakers win by 10+ tonight count on it.
raidawg87

Postby slimjim on Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:04 pm

raidawg87 wrote:The Lakes will come out strong this game and I know we will win. This is the type of game that Phil shows his stripes. Lakers win by 10+ tonight count on it.

i hope ur right bro!
slimjim

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:42 pm

Lose to Portland then Win vs Cleveland
Lose to Kings Then Win vs. Phoenix
GO LAKERS :jam2:
Daloyalfan18

Postby live and die in LA on Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:09 pm

lakers fight till the end but come out with a loss

suns - 106
lakers - 98
live and die in LA