Fri. 12/17 vs. Wizards - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby RushDelivery on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 am

jsm0331 wrote:Arenas and Hughes combined for 70 points. That is one of the most embarrassing things I have seen this season. No D, they blew by us every play. And I would personally like to thank Chuck*** ***kins for this loss. If people still want this loser starting, I will fork over the money for your admittance into a mental institution.

It's not Chucky's fault that Rudy wouldn't sub in Tierre, if Chucky was on the Spurs you could bet anything Pop would have yanked him our the first time he messed up on defense. We needed Tierre to slow down the Wiz guards, and we needed more interior defense. Mihm was just as bad as Chucky on defense tonight... I think this team needs to shake up their roster a bit and get more defensive minded players, both in the middle and on the perimeter.
RushDelivery

Postby koberulz275 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 am

jsm0331 wrote:Arenas and Hughes combined for 70 points. That is one of the most embarrassing things I have seen this season. No D, they blew by us every play. And I would personally like to thank Chuck*** ***kins for this loss. If people still want this loser starting, I will fork over the money for your admittance into a mental institution.

Chucky had a great game. He is our most reliable PG, not great, but definitely the one with the most experience. Anyway, this was a really tough loss, but we did come close. Remember guys, we are still a rebuilding team. Washington's backcourt was also unbelievable today, doesn't happen every day.
Let it Be
koberulz275

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 am

trade rudy and chucky "hobo" atkins

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:28 am

is MIhm hurt this game ?? he played only 18 mins.

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:29 am

13-10 :mad1: :disagree:

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:30 am

lakers-win wrote:is MIhm hurt this game ?? he played only 18 mins.

he was in foul trouble, turned it over a lot, and thought we were on the road...it just wasn't his game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:30 am

koberulz275 wrote:

Chucky had a great game. He is our most reliable PG, not great, but definitely the one with the most experience. Anyway, this was a really tough loss, but we did come close. Remember guys, we are still a rebuilding team. Washington's backcourt was also unbelievable today, doesn't happen every day.
I'm sorry, he played well on the offensive end and knocked down open shots (what he's supposed to do). But I haven't seen ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, on D this entire year from him! Right now we don't need offense at ALL, we need someone who can stop penetration; Atkins is not the solution.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby RushDelivery on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:31 am

lakers-win wrote:is MIhm hurt this game ?? he played only 18 mins.

Nope, he was in foul trouble and he was poor on defense as well as offense. Unfortunately it seems Rudy only pulls you out of the game when you don't play offense, so that's why Mihm went out but Chucky stayed in.

I could care less how many points Chucky scores as long as the opposing PG score more than him. We needed defense bad in this game.. .too bad Mihm didn't show up and Tierre was benched.
RushDelivery

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:31 am

I agree BDG. Brown can handle quick guards like Arenas defensively.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:33 am

MarkMadsen wrote:yay i get to watch this game.
Wizards are doing very well. One thing they exposed us of during pre-season was the back court cuts and penetration from their point guards. And judging from what I seen last night against Sacramento, the problems are still there. Expect alot of quick points from both sides.. might turn out into a shooting contest considering both teams are capable of hitting alot from the perimeter and both love to run. Gonna be intresting. Hopefully Odom can get off his feet again..i dont expect the Lakers to shoot as well as they did last night.

called it. :bang:
MarkMadsen

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:33 am

koberulz275 wrote:Chucky had a great game.

Could you tell which game you saw? Offense doesn't=a great game. If that was the case, then the Mavs would average about 80 great games a year. He is the worst defender in the NBA. Vlade could have done a better job of slowing down Arenas. Chucky cost us so many baskets, he cost us the game. You can't let your opponent score 37 points on you, shoot 25 shots, and attempt 15 free throws.
JSM

Postby RushDelivery on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:34 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
koberulz275 wrote:

I'm sorry, he played well on the offensive end and knocked down open shots (what he's supposed to do). But I haven't seen ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING, on D this entire year from him! Right now we don't need offense at ALL, we need someone who can stop penetration; Atkins is not the solution.

That's why we need to make a trade. We have very few defensive players on this team, and not in the area we need them the most. We need someone to stop the quick PGs that Kobe can't guard, and we need an interior defender to swat away shots and prevent easy shots, a role Mihm is not providing.

At this point we need to make a decision, do we try to win sooner by trading some redundent assets for the pieces we need or do we fully embrace the rebuilding phase and wait for our draft picks to develop and build through free-agency? Mitch and Buss have to make a decision, we can't try to do both at the same time, it's not going to work well.
RushDelivery

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:35 am

this loss really makes us look bad....friggin Miami beat them 4 times.... :mad1:

Postby Helljumper on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:36 am

methodnred wrote:The reason why we lost is not only Atkins' bad D, but I've said all along that Rudy's end of the game lineups suck! How many layups did the Wizards score in the OT period? WHY is Brian Cook playing all of the overtime??? Where the heck is Mihm??? We needed a shot blocker in there badly.

Cook ---> 37 minutes?!?!
Mihm ---> 18 minutes

:bow:

Why start Mihm, if he's only gonna play a little while. Cook is a shooter, and we already have shooters on our lineup. Cook never trys to block, just trys to tske the charge. And in a game with that many layups, we need a inside shotblocker like Mihm.

And even though it was a dissapointing loss, all realistic Laker fans expected us to go 1-1 on these back-to-back games.
Last edited by Helljumper on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Helljumper

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:36 am

jsm0331 wrote:Arenas will probably drop like 30 on Atkins. Tierre...save us.

I was pretty close...too bad Rudy was filming a movie during this game, so he couldn't coach the game properly and put Tierre in. He's playing a 9 time champion coach, that doesn't make subs, and foRgot how to coach. It's entitled PHIL.
JSM

Postby Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:36 am

we need players like bowen, good 3pt shooter and one helluva defender....
Last edited by Guest on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:37 am

jsm0331 wrote:

I was pretty close...too bad Rudy was filming a movie during this game, so he couldn't coach the game properly and put Tierre in. He's playing a 9 time champion coach, that doesn't make subs, and foRgot how to coach. It's entitled PHIL.

Ouch. :freak2:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby RushDelivery on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:39 am

kingprince22 wrote:
RushDelivery wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
koberulz275 wrote:

That's why we need to make a trade. We have very few defensive players on this team, and not in the area we need them the most. We need someone to stop the quick PGs that Kobe can't guard, and we need an interior defender to swat away shots and prevent easy shots, a role Mihm is not providing.

At this point we need to make a decision, do we try to win sooner by trading some redundent assets for the pieces we need or do we fully embrace the rebuilding phase and wait for our draft picks to develop and build through free-agency? Mitch and Buss have to make a decision, we we need players like bowen, good 3pt shooter and one helluva defender....

No Bowen, he's not what we need. Read my post again, we need a quick PG stopper and a good interior defender.
RushDelivery

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:41 am

where was kobe's defense? he let Hughes walk all over him.
MarkMadsen

Postby dynasty4kobe on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:42 am

Mihm is not cut out to be a starting center yet. Yes he has talent, but he cannot play "starter minutes" yet. He picks up too many fouls. As a back-up center (which is what he should be playing if Vlade was healthy) he would flourish. Most teams play Power forwards as back up centers anyway (the Lakers do) so Mihm could really take advantage.

And who the hell told the Lakers that Lamar was still in Sac-Town??? The man is good at basketball, get him that damn thing.

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:43 am

jsm0331 wrote:

you make it seem like tierre brown is a good defender when the fact is that he wouldnt have done any better of a job on arenas...and atkins scored 23 for us on better than 50% shooting...could tierre have done that?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby shoe on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:48 am

omg :mad1:

One of the worse defensive "performence" I have ever seen. We looked like the Dallas Mavs out there, but WORSE!!
shoe

Postby lakerfool on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:50 am

Well, to tell yall the truth, i kinda expected a loss...we seem to never do well in back to backers...

Please give some credit to Washington...they have a very good team in hand
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby BDG on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:54 am

MarkMadsen wrote:where was kobe's defense? he let Hughes walk all over him.
Yeah, he didn't have too good of a defensive game either. But then again, a lot of Hughes' opportunities came off of Kobe helping guard Arenas once Atkins let him penetrate.

Yes, Kobe should have D-ed up more, but I won't put 100% of the blame on him tonight. It was team D that killed us-- look at the layups.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby hZm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:58 am

Thsnk god I had to go somewhere tonight and didnt watch the game.

I did tape it but I doubt i'll watch it.
hZm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday