Fri. 12/17 vs. Wizards - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24Gold on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:07 am

Didn't get a chance to catch most of the game as I was flipping back and forth watching this game and the suns game. Dissapointing lost for us, sucks that after a solid win against the kings we would take that energy and bring it on against the wiz. Then again playing back to back games are never easy.
Image
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
User avatar
KB24Gold
The Rebirth
 
Posts: 5230
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:41 am

Postby Ring It Up on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:14 am

dynasty4kobe wrote:Mihm is not cut out to be a starting center yet. Yes he has talent, but he cannot play "starter minutes" yet. He picks up too many fouls. As a back-up center (which is what he should be playing if Vlade was healthy) he would flourish.


Wow when I said this I got told I was being to hard and that he was center of the future. The dude is average like it or not.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:16 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:you make it seem like tierre brown is a good defender when the fact is that he wouldnt have done any better of a job on arenas

Yes, he would have. Tierre can keep up with Arenas, he won't stand there for 2 minutes, trying to figure out where GA went. He might not be a very good defender, but he tries and his effort is a lot better than Chucky. Tierre attacks the basket, making Atkins do something other than stand in front of the 3 point line and wait for Atkins to hoist up a 3, making Arenas at least move will make him a little more tired. Also, with Tierre attacking, he is going to get fouls, drawing more fouls on Arenas will make him less effective.

By the way, for the 10 minutes that Tierre was in the game, Arenas was scoreless.

Thanks, come again.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:47 am

jsm0331 wrote:
Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:you make it seem like tierre brown is a good defender when the fact is that he wouldnt have done any better of a job on arenas

Yes, he would have. Tierre can keep up with Arenas, he won't stand there for 2 minutes, trying to figure out where GA went. He might not be a very good defender, but he tries and his effort is a lot better than Chucky. Tierre attacks the basket, making Atkins do something other than stand in front of the 3 point line and wait for Atkins to hoist up a 3, making Arenas at least move will make him a little more tired. Also, with Tierre attacking, he is going to get fouls, drawing more fouls on Arenas will make him less effective.

By the way, for the 10 minutes that Tierre was in the game, Arenas was scoreless.

Thanks, come again.


they were on the court for roughly 7 minutes together, in which arenas had a rebound, an assist, and 5 missed shots (3 of which i distinctly remember kobe guarding him on)...just because they were on the court together doesnt mean he was on arenas on D, remember atkins on peeler and arenas on odom at one point? mismatches happen....but by no stretch of the imagination am i saying that atkins did a good job, we can both agree he didnt...all im saying that it doesnt make sense to assume that if we put in someone who is adjusted to a backup role for most of the game on a great offensive player, hes not gonna do any better

but tierre really did show that clutch ability when he waited about a second and a half before he fouled hughes
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby JSM on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:59 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote: tierre really did show that clutch ability when he waited about a second and a half before he fouled hughes

I'm partial to Atkins clutch ability against the Kings when he did what he does best, sit on the bench.
User avatar
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator
 
Posts: 94033
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 3:40 pm
Location: Atlanta

Postby S.R.05 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:03 am

jsm0331 wrote:
Showtime.Revival.05 wrote: tierre really did show that clutch ability when he waited about a second and a half before he fouled hughes

I'm partial to Atkins clutch ability against the Kings when he did what he does best, sit on the bench.


atkins played more, assisted more, and turned the ball over less vs. the kings...dont really know what you mean by his ability to sit on the bench considering he had more minutes than tierre
Hindsight is 20/20
User avatar
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 11366
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:18 pm
Location: Chatsworth, CA

Postby grego on Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:41 am

grego wrote:Some of those missed free throws by Kobe could be the difference in this game, atleast at the current rate its going at. Back and forth, it looks like a playground game, with little defense.


Guess i was right. Missed the last couple minutes since friends invited me to a movie.....
User avatar
grego
Clublakers Rep: Spurs
 
Posts: 10481
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2004 4:19 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Postby Furious D on Sat Dec 18, 2004 6:47 am

lakerfool wrote:Well, to tell yall the truth, i kinda expected a loss...we seem to never do well in back to backers...


Please give some credit to Washington...they have a very good team in hand
I knew we were in trouble when I saw the PG matchup. Plus the back to back always is hell. Its a tough loss to a seemingly beatable team.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
User avatar
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team
 
Posts: 3737
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:03 am
Location: CALIFORNIA

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:22 am

Rudy T is dork! His philosophy was: You can score how many you can, we'll score more then you! In next game I wanna see tight D and superb offense! A blowout victory!
User avatar
The Kobe Era 2K5

 
Posts: 6173
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:49 am

Postby hZm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:44 am

Why is everyone all over Atkins? What happene? I missed the game.
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby MarkMadsen on Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:49 am

hZm wrote:Why is everyone all over Atkins? What happene? I missed the game.


Atkins offensively did real good. However his defense was lacking as usual. One play where he left Peeler wide open for a 3 point dagger is what I think most people are upset about..as well as him just lettting Arenas practially score at will.
Image
User avatar
MarkMadsen

 
Posts: 7461
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Minnesota

Postby hZm on Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:10 am

... Damn :disagree:
User avatar
hZm

 
Posts: 8879
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:14 pm
Location: Tarzana, California

Postby Ring It Up on Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:06 pm

My player of the game....Chris Mihm YEA! 0 points, 5 turnovers, and 4 personal fouls. All in just 18 minutes. Thats what I call making the most of your minutes. Well he did have 6 boards.....but so did Gilbert.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
User avatar
Ring It Up

 
Posts: 9192
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:27 am
Location: Surrounded by damned Mormons

Postby Supastas on Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:07 am

Wow, look at the game leaders! No wonder we didn't win! LOL!

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/4893/asdasdasdsrt1vj.gif
Supastas

 
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:38 pm

Postby Runway on Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:29 am

Supastas wrote:Wow, look at the game leaders! No wonder we didn't win! LOL!

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/4893/asdasdasdsrt1vj.gif


Yes. Hughes and Arenas combined 70 points´. :man7:
Image
User avatar
Runway

 
Posts: 458
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:17 am

Postby Helljumper on Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:17 am

Runway wrote:
Supastas wrote:Wow, look at the game leaders! No wonder we didn't win! LOL!

http://img140.exs.cx/img140/4893/asdasdasdsrt1vj.gif


Yes. Hughes and Arenas combined 70 points´. :man7:


Thats not what he was talking about, look at who's the Laker leader in all categorys.
Image
User avatar
Helljumper

 
Posts: 14879
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: Riverside, CA

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.