Fri. 3/12 @ Wolves - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:53 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote:How come u didn't post durin the game? :man3:

Why? ... I prefer to let my team do my talking for me ... and it was pretty clear what they had to say for the entire game.

Nah, I aint talkin about all that, I'm just sayin, that how come u weren't here durin the game too... The Wolves had us up all the way, and it woulda been better here if a fan from another team was here to talk about the game too. I'm not dissin u, like what ur makin it sound like.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:54 pm

Malone should have played at least 10 more minutes, he was up to it, Phil didn't play him though. Phil played Luke way too little, and George & Slava way too much. We need to trade both of them, I am sick and tired of them costing us games.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby KoToTheB on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:54 pm

Ok T Wolves Rule, congrats you gusy played better tonight, i wish Malone woulda played a little more. How the hell does Hudson sh it his pants in every game against us like that?

and next time, try to bring some game with you.

first of all i think we played decent, Shaq owned everyone, wish he coulda got more touches

Second of all, thats the same thing ive been telling KG for the last 7 years......
KoToTheB

Postby noxcel on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:55 pm

I was shocked..........not really, we can't beat good teams this season.
noxcel

Postby Roop Dawg on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:55 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
LakersGyrl2003 wrote:How come u didn't post durin the game? :man3:

Why? ... I prefer to let my team do my talking for me ... and it was pretty clear what they had to say for the entire game.

yeah, they are like a date that talks and talks and talks during dinner, then when you get her home and it is your turn to do the "talkin" she pukes on herself and passes out. We will see you in two weeks, however, the real deal is that you will be seeing us play for the NBA Finals.
Roop Dawg

Postby Musttang87 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:56 pm

WTF SOMEONE FIRE PHIL NOW! ERRRRRR SO LAME. its all good, we will hit em when they come to LA.
Musttang87

Postby noxcel on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:57 pm

to all slava haters:

he was perfect 3 for 3
and was the leading scorer from the bench :jam2:
noxcel

Postby Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:58 pm

k, I gotcha LakersGyrl ...

But I'm not one to smack talk during a game ... and that's being serious.

I just usually sit back and see what happens in the game.

I made my prediction before the game, ... so I waited to see if I was right or not.

Simple as that. :man12:

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:58 pm

Hey, dont underestimate the wolves.. Man, they can sure bring it... But man, if only we woulda got hot sooner. Man, they had us the entire game, then when we came back, Hudson just took it to the next level. Man, did he ever! He hit some crazy 3's, and he just had that fury in his eyes. It's a shame that we don't have that same motivation that he had. We just looked out of sync. But come playoffs, I'm sure we'll have that taken care of.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:59 pm

T-Wolves rule, just look at what I found out about Sam Cassell:

The similarities are uncanny, aren't they?

And an article concerning Cassell's alien roots:
SAM CASSELL--ALIEN!

East Rutherford, NJ----In an announcement that will go down as one of the defining moments in human history, the NBA's New Jersey Nets have revealed that star guard Sam Cassell is an extraterrestrial from another galaxy. NBA Commissioner David Stern made the startling announcement, "For centuries man has gazed upon the stars asking the same question- are we alone? Ladies and gentlemen, that question has been answered today and his name is Sam Cassell." Representatives from all over the globe witnessed Commissioner Stern's emotional speech that often brought tears of joy, "This is a great day for humanity. . .the NBA is truly fantastic." Also on hand was President Clinton, "I would like to formally welcome Sam Cassell to the United States and to the planet Earth. I have high hopes that our peoples may learn and share with each other. . . this is indeed a great day for all Americans and for all of mankind." Cassell himself chose not to attend the press conference, deciding to be with his Earth wife and children during the announcement.

Cassell's reasons for revealing his true nature are yet unknown. "Contrary to reports, this is not an attempt by the Nets to help attendance," said Nets General Manager John Nash. "With the public sympathetic towards extra terrestrials now more than ever, Sam felt it was time to come out of the 'close encounters closet' if you will." Nash denied that any bearing on the issue was forced by news reporters who threatened to come forward claiming to have photos showing Cassell's body in an "unorthodox manner" and having a "bluish hue." "There was no blackmail involved. Sam made this decision unpressured and because he felt it was the right time," said Nash.

Nets officials refused to answer questions about Cassell's true origin and any details regarding his anatomy, citing that a separate press conference with NASA is planned for early next week. Cassell is expected to be present during an open forum to answer questions concerning his physical being, journey to Earth, and his society. Cassell is also expected to reveal his actual "space name" which is said to be "easily pronounceable for humans."

Rumors have floated around the league for years about the 28-earth-year-old, 6'3" 185 pound Cassell. Said former Houston Rocket teammate, Hakeem Olajuwon, "I suspected for some time about Sam, the way he played and looked, but I was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Sam is okay in my book." Support for Cassell was also shown by Nets head coach, John Calipari. "I have not known Sam for that long," said Calipari, "but alien or non-alien he is a helluva basketball player and a helluva human being. It makes no difference to me what he is."

The announcement did not go without controversy. Outside the Continental Airlines Arena a large contingency of fans gathered to protest Cassell and his involvement with the NBA. "It's all about trajectories man. Sam Cassell can use his mind to alter the trajectory of shots. He can never miss if he wants. How do you think the Rockets won those two titles?" claims David Shindler, a California native and Los Angeles Clippers fan. Other fan representatives from all teams shared Shindler's feelings. Said Ron Colvin, a Boston Celtics fan, "Cassell can average a hundred points if he wants to. His alien anatomy allows for it. He hasn't, for his own reasons, but he can. That is not fair to the NBA and its fans and Cassell must not be allowed to play." :mhihi: The only NBA player protesting alongside the fans was Utah Jazz power forward Karl Malone. "I love Sam, don't get me wrong. But I just don't think I could play hard, or play the all-out way I think I should be playing if I were playing against Sam. There are things in space man,
viruses . . . things . . . I have a family." In 1991 Malone was also outspoken in playing against the HIV positive Magic Johnson.

Look at the bold man...there you have it...Cassell the alien, found out back in his Net days

P.S. From the L.A. Times 2/5/98: New Jersey Coach John Calipari on Net starting
guard Sam Cassell:
"You can't deal with him like a normal human being. He's not normal. Stuff that bothers a normal human being doesn't bother him. Stuff that bothers him doesn't bother a normal human being."
Last edited by rydjorker121 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lofton_wu on Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:59 pm

hey,guys,I don't think we can't overcome Wolves!!We still have a injury Kobe and Mailman just came back....But,why Phil didn't put Malone in 4th Quarter??It is crunch time!I know Rush and Luke are good,but Luke can't stop KG!!Did Phil want to win this game?I don't think so!

Maybe we don't know what he think,maybe his goal is just get the playoffs ticket then crush other teams....however,if this can help up win the champion,then it is OK....BUT,I hate to lose,especially Mailman is back,we can't give him a W.
lofton_wu

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:00 pm

noxcel wrote:to all slava haters:

he was perfect 3 for 3

dude, fg % means nothing, is that all you know about. When you let a guy score 6 points on you in 30 seconds, there is a serious problem. he could go 10-10, but if he doesn't play D, then that means jack squat. He can't play D to save his life and he sucked against KG.
JSM

Postby Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:01 pm

I'm not sure I understand ...

Are you complaining that we are recieving extra terrestrial help?

Or

Are you complaining that Cassell is a more handsome man than you?

Either way ... live with it. lol :man1: :man1:

Postby noxcel on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:01 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
noxcel wrote:to all slava haters:

he was perfect 3 for 3

dude, fg % means nothing, is that all you know about. When you let a guy score 6 points on you in 30 seconds, there is a serious problem. he could go 10-10, but if he doesn't play D, then that means jack squat. He can't play D to save his life and he sucked against KG.

KG is MVP, everyone sucks against him :jam2: I will be pissed if KG will not be MVP this season.
noxcel

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:02 pm

also, Slava had 5 fouls. You forgot to mention that one, he's not much good when he's not in foul trouble, when he's in foul trouble, we might as well only have 4 guys out there.
JSM

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:02 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:I'm not sure I understand ...

Are you complaining that we are recieving extra terrestrial help?

Or

Are you complaining that Cassell is a more handsome man than you?

Either way ... live with it. lol :man1: :man1:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sam+Cassell
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:02 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:k, I gotcha LakersGyrl ...

But I'm not one to smack talk during a game ... and that's being serious.

I just usually sit back and see what happens in the game.

I made my prediction before the game, ... so I waited to see if I was right or not.

Simple as that. :man12:

That's pretty coo then. I woulda just liked it to see ur perspective after the quarters or whatever. It was a tight game.. Shaq started off 6-6, and that helped us out a lot, when Kobe was missing a lot. But then Shaq got cold from the line. But all and all, Minny played well, and they deserved the W. Shaq was dominant inside, and he got 3 players in foul trouble early on. But we just flat out stunk it up.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby KoToTheB on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:03 pm

WTF SOMEONE FIRE PHIL NOW! ERRRRRR SO LAME. its all good, we will hit em when they come to LA.

Reasons for the loss: Phil

I'm tired of Phil...we need a change of coaching staff scenery this guy is pathetic we can't beat good teams and we ain't got none of that heart

and thanks for PJ's fvcked up coaching tonight

Come on laker "fans", you are so quick to place blame and turn on s omeone. Phil always has made questionable coaching calls, like never calling timeouts. but the fact remains that Phil wasnt guarding Hudson and Madsen in the 4th, and Phil didnt shoot 1-11 in the first half, and Phil didnt miss FT's down the stretch.

Have you forgotten thet PJ is the best coach ever, i know youre frustrated but its just one game. DAYAM!!! Give the Zen master a break!
KoToTheB

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:07 pm

KoToTheB wrote:

Reasons for the loss: Phil

I'm tired of Phil...we need a change of coaching staff scenery this guy is pathetic we can't beat good teams and we ain't got none of that heart

and thanks for PJ's fvcked up coaching tonight

Come on laker "fans", you are so quick to place blame and turn on s omeone. Phil always has made questionable coaching calls, like never calling timeouts. but the fact remains that Phil wasnt guarding Hudson and Madsen in the 4th, and Phil didnt shoot 1-11 in the first half, and Phil didnt miss FT's down the stretch.

Have you forgotten thet PJ is the best coach ever, i know youre frustrated but its just one game. DAYAM!!! Give the Zen master a break!

Thank you... Phil guides the players, but it's the players that have to play the game and make the decisions. It's not all entirely on Phil, we win as a team and we lose as a team. It's as simple as that. I would never put the blame on one man alone or two or three. But as a team we weren't as focused as the Wolves. We didn't have an answer, and Kobe's out there playing injured. He's got a lotta heart, but his body can't do what his heart is telling him to.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:08 pm

I am not blaming tonight's loss fully on Phil, but he did make 3 mistakes tonight. He didn't play Malone when we needed him, it was obvious Malone was ready to play too. He played Slava too much, 9 minutes, we should have had Grant or Luke in during that time, at least KG wouldn't have scored 20 points in a minute (exaggeration) against them. He played George (0-4) too much. George should not even be on the court, he should be on the IR. THose were 8 minutes, when Russell, Fox, or Luke could have been in and done something productive I by no means think we need to fire Phil though.
JSM

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:12 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I am not blaming tonight's loss fully on Phil, but he did make 3 mistakes tonight. He didn't play Malone when we needed him, it was obvious Malone was ready to play too. He played Slava too much, 9 minutes, we should have had Grant or Luke in during that time, at least KG wouldn't have scored 20 points in a minute (exaggeration) against them. He played George (0-4) too much. George should not even be on the court, he should be on the IR. THose were 8 minutes, when Russell, Fox, or Luke could have been in and done something productive I by no means think we need to fire Phil though.

Yea I hear ya... But those players that were in, needed the time to show what they can do. Even though it was NOTHING, in hindsight we can sit here and say that other players would have made a difference, which in fact may be the case. We loss because the players that played didn't play up to par. We loss because of that. We played against a talented Wolves team that was more determined to win than we were. We can't just drain out players that are gettin a lotta minutes, for players that are stinking it up. They need a lil time to get focused too, even though they didn't.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Kb8theGreat on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:20 pm

Is hudson that good or is it are D
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:21 pm

LakersGyrl2003 wrote: Yea I hear ya... But those players that were in, needed the time to show what they can do. Even though it was NOTHING, in hindsight we can sit here and say that other players would have made a difference, which in fact may be the case. We loss because the players that played didn't play up to par. We loss because of that. We played against a talented Wolves team that was more determined to win than we were. We can't just drain out players that are gettin a lotta minutes, for players that are stinking it up. They need a lil time to get focused too, even though they didn't.

I see what you are saying, but Russell and Luke wouldn't have gotten tired. Russell only played 5 minutes, he could have handled 8 more (George's minutes) and Luke played 10 minutes, he could have handeled 9 more (Slava's minutes) without breaking a sweat. I just don't understand Phil's rotation at times
JSM

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:25 pm

Kb8theGreat wrote:Is hudson that good or is it are D

It's our D, or lack of it if anything.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:32 pm

Ok ... what have we got here ...

Cassell vs. Payton

17 pts ---- 10 pts
7 ast ---- 6 ast
2 reb ---- 4 reb
1 stl ---- 1 stl
7/15 (47%) ---- 4/10 (40%)

Looks like a pretty clear victory for Cassell there.

Garnett vs. Malone

20 pts ---- 13 pts
13 reb ---- 2 reb
2 ast ---- 2 ast
3 stl ---- 1 stl
1 blk ---- 0 blk
9/20 (45%) ---- 5/6 (83%)

Clear victory for Garnett as well ... you should have let Malone shoot more. hehe

Sprewell vs. Kobe

16 pts ---- 16 pts
6 reb ---- 11 reb
2 ast ---- 5 ast
1 stl ---- 0 stl
7/17 (41%) ---- 6/20 (30%)

And in a squeaker, looks like Spree won this one as well.

Olowokandi/Miller/Johnson vs. Shaq

Hehe .... doesn't matter, Shaq won that one. lol

Troy Hudson vs. The Entire Lakers Bench

19 pts ---- 17 pts
5/11 (45%) ---- 8/22 (36%)

We win again. :man1:
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight