Fri. 3/12 @ Wolves - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:24 pm

We can't get swept by Minnesota because last time we got swept in the season we know what happened by that team in the post-season.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:39 pm

Well, I really thought Phil lost this one for us. I couldn't understand his reasoning behind putting in the bench players to start the 4th when Minnesota was up by 5 or 6 I believe.

It was like, if Minneosta makes a run, it's over. And how could we see no Malone who not only looked like he never missed a beat, but was showing Garnett who's the man.

I just couldn't understand it... I'm very frusterated with this loss, but we have to keep going. Playoffs is the time to play baby, we'll be ready to contend. That's all I'm going to say about this loss, we'll be ready Minny.

PS. If anyone does NOT vote for KG for MVP you are either ignorant or you just are plain out blind. KG is playing unreal, the guy is a stud...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:45 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Well, I really thought Phil lost this one for us. I couldn't understand his reasoning behind putting in the bench players to start the 4th when Minnesota was up by 5 or 6 I believe.

It was like, if Minneosta makes a run, it's over. And how could we see no Malone who not only looked like he never missed a beat, but was showing Garnett who's the man.

I just couldn't understand it... I'm very frusterated with this loss, but we have to keep going. Playoffs is the time to play baby, we'll be ready to contend. That's all I'm going to say about this loss, we'll be ready Minny.

PS. If anyone does NOT vote for KG for MVP you are either ignorant or you just are plain out blind. KG is playing unreal, the guy is a stud...

I think Phil's reasoning by putting the bench in to start the 4th was to rest the starters and let them get ready to make the usual 4th quarter push and try to comeback and pull away with the win. The problem is sometimes he leaves the bench in too long and it's too late to make a run.

He also knows we were playing a back to back and they would need some rest, unless we want to lose to the Bulls, which would be very embarrassing. He knows if we get a win against them, we can get some momentum and win at least 5 straight games.

I was also upset with Phil and some of his decisions, but he does know best. He is the one with the 9 rings.

I agree, if KG doesn't get MVP and they give the award to TD, which is something the league likes to do, then I will be outraged.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersBaller on Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:33 am

2 jsm0331-Today everybody sucked, against KG espessialy.Malone got 4 fouls,Slava 5,even Walton 2.
And don't start silly kid talks about trading someone-it shows you as not lakers-fan.
With apearring of mailman our team is strarting to build that old LAL with 17-3 at he begginnig of the season, and the bench will give a great backup.It's not our fault that our leaders had unjuries and team game some time had fallen appart.Such teams as queens,wolves,pacers don't have such troubles and they play more-less consistant during the hole season.
Just be patient.
LakersBaller

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:22 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:
T-Wolves Rule wrote:I'm not sure I understand ...

Are you complaining that we are recieving extra terrestrial help?

Or

Are you complaining that Cassell is a more handsome man than you?

Either way ... live with it. lol :man1: :man1:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sam+Cassell

OMFG.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:28 pm

Main problems:

Confidence. The more confidence we had the more our shots would start falling and our defense would tighten up.

Offense. It was a lopsided triangle and Shaq should've had way more touches, ESPECIALLY if he's shooting excellent from the free throw line and all their centers are in foul trouble.

Gary Payton needed to be more assertive and Kobe shouldve went back into triple-double Kobe, not some ballhog idiot shooting lefties with a serious injury.

Defend the pick and roll. Troy Hudson and Sam Cassell always destroyed us the whole night on that, and I don't know why Latrell Sprewell had so many open looks.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby BDG on Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:58 pm

I think we lost because of:

1. Kobe's cold shooting. He shot 1/11 or something in the first half but then made up for it a bit by going 5/9 in the 2nd half... still, that was very unlike him.

2. Phil's decision to have Fisher in when Hudson was on the floor. Payton was doing a great job on defending the pick and roll with Hudson. Once Phil made the stupid mistake to play Fisher on Hudson, he started torching us because Derek has no idea how to guard the pick and roll. He gave up all those points to Hudson. However, I can't take anything away from Hudson, he kills us everytime we play.

3. Karl Malone being held back to 21 minutes. I think if he played the 4th quarter we would have won. He gave Garnett a lot of trouble (2/8 shooting when the Mailman guarded him), and gave EVERYONE easy buckets. Karl was the key to the game and it's too bad he had to ease his way back into the lineup.

In a two or three weeks, we'll be back on track and winning like we were earlier in the year... just in time for the playoffs!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:39 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:We can't get swept by Minnesota because last time we got swept in the season we know what happened by that team in the post-season.

You must be referring to the 2000-2001 season, when the Spurs swept the Lakers and the Lakers came back to sweep them during the WCF. :man1:
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:41 pm

lakerzrule wrote:You must be referring to the 2000-2001 season, when the Spurs swept the Lakers and the Lakers came back to sweep them during the WCF. :man1:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/schedule/results_2000.html

It was 2 -2 in that season.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby lakerzrule on Sat Mar 13, 2004 5:46 pm

OK, half-swept, my bad. :man7:

I think I need a break, I'm going to watch the Bulls game now. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby shaqpak34 on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:10 pm

we got swept last year by the spurms dint we?
shaqpak34

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:12 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:we got swept last year by the spurms dint we?

Yea I mentioned that, we lost to them in the post-season. Which is why I don't want to lose the fourth game to Minnesota in a few weeks.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:53 am

Minnesota is one of the many tough teams in the West...

Will their past playoff experience repeat? Can they make it out of the first round? Only time will tell, the Lakers must make a statement before the playoffs however, you got this one Minny, but don't get to high-headed yet.

This is... afterall... still the regular season :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday