Thur. May 15
(5:00 p.m. PT, ABC)
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20030515/SASLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20030515/SASLAL/boxscore.html

Spurs - 110
Lakers - 82

Spurs Defeat The Los Angeles Lakers - 4 - 2

Title Run Comes to End For Lakers
The Lakers' run of three straight championships came to an end Thursday night with a 110-82 loss to the San Antonio Spurs in Game 6 of the Western Conference Semifinals. Shaquille O'Neal scored 31 for L.A. which was eliminated from the playoffs.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 19, 2003 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Re: (S.A./LAL) Game 6 - May 15 - Predictions

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 9:52 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Lakers vs. Spurs
Game 6 (Round 2)
Thur. May 15
(5:00 p.m. PT, ABC)

Post your comments here...

The Lakers are gonna wake up and smell the coffee!!! They are gonna dominate, make their attempts, and play championship ball!! They're all gonna step up, cuz this is win or go home!! Our backs are against the wall, and this is what they strive off of.... I see us winning by another close margin game, like 5 or 6 or so.... COME ON LAKERS!!! :man1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 13, 2003 10:42 pm

First off, I have firgured out the equation to win.

GOOD START = Win
BAD START = Loss

Can the Lakers not screw themselves in the 1st half of every game they play? Horrible running of the offense, lazy defense, and stupid desicion making. On the other hand, some of the best ball the Spurs can play. Lakers need to start good, or they will again, end bad... And this time, it's a permenent bad...

Now before fans, haters, and bw hoppers start critisizing Robert Horry. I would have ran the same play to get the ball into his hands. He missed a shot, the series does run on. Horry has done so much for this organization that him missing this shot did not make me mad at all, but just frusterated. He knew he could have hit it, Kobe knew, we all knew. But I guess that ratio 9/10 times finnaly showed itself, and Mr. Clutch missed one... Don't worry Horry, I'm glad the ball was in your hands, great shot. You'll hit um next time, mark my words...

Shaq played with no sense of urgency at all. It's almost like he was in another game. And of course the HIGHLY CONTREVERSAL technical was crap. Last time I checked, a player taunting another player is a technical, and I would do the same thing if 3 guys were hanging on me - Shake them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

Lastly, the role players were there, with an incredible comeback. Slava should play more in the beggining as he had a big 2nd half helping bring the Lakers back into it. Shaw hit a couple shots, but missed a few too. No biggie, again, Shaw & Horry have been struggling a bit, is game 6 their breakthrough game? Yes it will be... Again, mark my words on this one...

And with San Antonio blowing a 16 point lead speaks in itself. They hopefully won't be so lucky that a shot rolls out for them to win if and when they blow the lead like this again. If the Lakers get to a good start, they will win the game. It's as simple as that...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game iging on me - Shake them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

Lastly, the role players were there, with an incredible comeback. Slava should play more in the beggining as he had a big 2nd half helping bring the Lakers back into it. Shaw hit a couple shots, but missed a few too. No biggie, again, Shaw & Horry have been struggling a bit, is game 6 their breakthrough game? Yes it will be... Again, mark my words on this one...

And with San Antonio blowing a 16 point lead speaks in itself. They hopefully won't be so lucky that a shot rolls out for them to win if and when they blow the lead like this again. If the Lakers get to a good start, they will win the game. It's as simple as that...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game iging on me - Shake them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game in game 6...
%0them off. Lastly, 20 Pts. from the big fella? Well remember how all the Sacramento fans have the infamous slogan - "Remember Game 6"? Well I do remember, and in this game 6, I expect Shaq to dominate the court, with 40+ Pts. Don't worry the big fella is angry now, watch for him...

One more factor, how many bad desicions did Kobe make? 6 or 8 or 11? In the 4th quarter he made so many it was incredible they came back. Phil will allow Kobe to realize and witness these mistakes, so they will be fixed next time. This makes me really happy to know Kobe's desicion making was way off, his play good, and they just litteraly "rattled away" from a win. Expect Kobe to dominate with his smart game in game 6...

Now again I ask you all, do you believe? Or do you turn against? The choice is yours, but remember game 6! Now I know what the Sac Towners were trying to tell us, Shaq and the Lakers will take over, win the game, and get ready for a tough, tough, Game 7 at San Antonio, keep the faith my friends, keep the faith...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Tue May 13, 2003 10:52 pm

Hell yea... I read this and responded to this is ur other post.... Dayam they need to wake up and play the 1st quarter to the best of their ability!! Stop complaining about the calls they dont get, or get called on them, and just play the game, and overcome those obstacles!!! We can pull it off, with just two great games of basketball, one here, and the other over there.... We still haven't won a game this season over there, but game 6 here we come!! :boxing1:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 14, 2003 6:53 am

We were a shot away from winning, overcoming a 16 point lead. This is what tells me the Spurs can hold the lead, maybe they won't hold it to the last second as well...

Also, role players are the key here fellas, get them involved early, run the offense, and feed the post everytime. Well get the win...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby 4Rings on Wed May 14, 2003 10:51 am

Kobe made some very bad decisions late in the game and Shaq kept turning the ball over in the early stages of the game. I agree...this was an uninspired effort on the part of Shaquille O'Neal. I didn't like he played at all and it wasn't like he was in foul trouble. What is up with that?

Oh, I would give the ball to Horry again too. The shot just didn't go in. I think Kobe didn't try to pump fake Bowen and draw the foul because he knew the refs wouldn't have called it and I know they wouldn't have called it either. Several instances Kobe got fouled and they didn't call it. But those instances didn't cost the Lakers this game. You can't come out lethargic and slow against a team like the Spurs, especially on their home floor. We need to play tomorrow like we played in Game 3. This is going to a Game 7, I am gonna guarantee you that! :boxing1:
4Rings

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Wed May 14, 2003 4:12 pm

Kobe was trying to get the fouls called, when attacking, but the refs don't know how to call fouls n e more... I guess they want us to earn it, and stop depending on the refs to get to the line... It sux.... We overcame a 25 point deficit to lose by 2! Hey, that's hella good for me, even though we lost. Slava shown great ability, and I'm grateful a few good things came out of game 5, u know... But dayam, to lose this game, and be behind in the series... It's just another ostacle in the Lakers' path
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 14, 2003 7:26 pm

They thrive off of situations like this, I will honestly not be surprised if the Lakers dominate the Spurs and win by at least 10+ points...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 1:42 am

Remenber the Queens last year ...
Remenber the Blazers two years ago ...

Lakers are at their best when teams think they are done.
If LA wants to make history, it starts tonight.

:jam2: I STILL BELIEVE, TILL THE LAST BREATH
GoldenEye

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 1:43 am

Remenber the Blazers two years ago ...

GoldenEye

Postby GoldenEye on Thu May 15, 2003 1:43 am

Remenber the Blazers three years ago ...

GoldenEye

Postby Lakers4Ever on Thu May 15, 2003 2:09 am

FORGET ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR!!! THIS IS A NEW YEAR AND LETS CONCENTRATE ON THIS GAME AND STOP THINKING OF THE PAST!!!!
ANYWAY....

This is what I feel should be the starting lineup in Game 6. I've said this before but I'll say it again.

PG - Jannero Pargo
SG - Derek Fisher
SF - Kobe Bryant
PF - Slava Medvedenko
C - Shaquille O'Neal

I know Phil Jackson won't even consider this, but it is in my opinion the best option that we have in order to keep up w/ the Spurs on offense.

The most important thing is putting Horry on the bench and giving him less minutes and relying more on Slava. We need more offense!! Slava's defense was also a bit better on Duncan in game 5, so give him another crack at it!!

If we can utilize our offensive players alot more in the game, we should have no problem.

My prediction:
Spurs - 95
Lakers - 106
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu May 15, 2003 3:04 am

GoldenEye wrote:Remenber the Queens last year ...

Hell yea I remember!!! All game 7's!!! LAKERS BABY!!! :bow:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 15, 2003 9:32 am

GoldenEye wrote:Remenber the Queens last year ...

I remember my neighbor across the street giving up on the Lakers in the game 7 at Portland. He was outside partying the victory when I came out and told him he lost, he was like :man4: !
Slayer Alstarx

Postby Slayer Alstarx on Thu May 15, 2003 9:49 am

Well, since I can't edit my posts in this forum, let me clarify. My neighbor was an anti-Laker fan. He was partying celebrating Portalnds' win.
Slayer Alstarx

Postby spursR1 on Thu May 15, 2003 12:46 pm

:wave:

go spurs!
spursR1

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu May 15, 2003 4:22 pm

Tonight, if going to be a tense, tense game. We are about 1 hour away from gametime and I am going to say this.

A team does not win 3 rings in a row, and not know how to deal with these types of sistuations...

Game 7 will be here soon enough, mark my word...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerfan on Mon May 19, 2003 2:11 pm

nooooope
but hey they will be back next year
start another reign lakers
i love ya!
lakerfan

Return to Lakers Gameday