(LAL/SA) Game 1 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Ginofan on Sun May 02, 2004 5:06 pm

Aahaha, well it's understandable! I'm sure I won't be BEGGING for a vid when we get our first loss of the series :)
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby kaneohelaker on Sun May 02, 2004 5:20 pm

Hey ginofan, did you actually go to the game???? if so how good was the atmosphere there???? Were there a lot of other laker fans there too?
The surgeon general said nothing about smoking a packer fan.
kaneohelaker

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun May 02, 2004 5:48 pm

what happend to the lakers in the fourth quarter??? :bang: :disagree: :mad1:
i guess timmy was just too good..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Ginofan on Sun May 02, 2004 6:07 pm

kaneohelaker:

Nope I could only get tickets to game two, game one sold out too fast! I was watching it with a couple of lakerfans though...there's actually a good showing of Lakerfans here in San Antonio (Which I can't stand!).
Ginofan

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 02, 2004 6:19 pm

The Lakers let a golden opportunity slip away, but I credit the Spurs with executing down the stretch and defending well. Now the Lakers face a must-win situation in Game 2. Lakers fans, let's hope they come ready to play this time. :man7: And Spurs fans, I hope I'm wrong but I'm a big enough man to admit that if your team wins again, congrats and good luck on repeating (assuming you're able to win two more, of course). :man1:
Last edited by lakerzrule on Sun May 02, 2004 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Sun May 02, 2004 6:22 pm

this series is like the championship series..... whoever wins this series will win it all...
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Kobe8Bryant on Sun May 02, 2004 8:29 pm

It's just one game, I knew Lakers would either lose game 1 or 2, watch out for the lakers in game 2 it will be a close game and lakers will win. I still think Lakers will win the series in 6 games. As for those members who are already talking about kobe leavin, shaq gettin trade etc, it's too fvckin early to talk about that, the season is not over, what the fvck are you thinking? And for the member who was talking sh1t about shaq and GP, well without shaq, lakers would've lost by 30 at least.

I agree with purple_and_gold_fever, whoever wins the series will be the NBA champ.
Kobe8Bryant

Postby kbryant on Mon May 03, 2004 12:54 am

altough malone(offense) and payton played bad, we could win game

it was close game

i think its all about 4th quarter,we will win game 2 :jam2: :jam2:

note: 10 turnovers in 4th quarter :mad1: :mad1:
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby dlivneh on Mon May 03, 2004 2:34 am

without home court advantge we will lose the series.

we need a win in S.A.
dlivneh

Postby RimRocka23 on Mon May 03, 2004 4:01 am

San Antonio is going to win this series cause they've got the better point guard, the best power forward in the league, an incredible defence, home court advantage and a first game win!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
RimRocka23

Postby montevideo on Mon May 03, 2004 5:22 am

Interesting numbers:

Kobe - 10/26 (38%) and took 26 of 69 Lakers shots or nearly 38% of teams shots.

Shaq - 8/14 - only 20% of teams shots!!!

Shaq + Malone + George + Medv. = 13/27 (48% accuracy only 39% of team shots)
Kobe + Payton + Fisher = 13/41 (31% accuracy and 59% of team shots)

Is that the winning formula for Lakers?

Shaq has Nasto on him and gets only 14 shots ?!!!

Kobe has one-two-or all of Bowen, Ginobili and Parker going against him at any one time - is that the correct matchup to work?

Shaq gets called for 3 secs at least twice - is that 'cause he's camping or 'cause ball's not being delivered? (remember Mike Dunleavy's comments on ESPN in game 5 against Rockets?)
Uruguay!
montevideo

Postby gill on Mon May 03, 2004 9:08 am

I'm gonna credit Rasho with his defense on Shaq. The Lakers had problems trying to get him the ball all day, and yet late in the fourth they still persiste and what happened? bam! 10 turnovers.

Forget Shaq in the post when he's double teamed nor the triangle for that matter. I'm expecting pick and roll plays in game 2, much like what they did in the third quarter with Kobe and Shaq. Involve Malone and GP in a pick and roll, and move the damn ball around.
gill

Postby Shaki on Mon May 03, 2004 9:51 am

RimRocka23 wrote:San Antonio is going to win this series cause they've got the better point guard, the best power forward in the league, an incredible defence, home court advantage and a first game win!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

Best power forward in the league??? You mean Fokin Duncrap???
You must be joking :pd:
Shaki

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon May 03, 2004 11:19 am

He may not be the best, but he isn't far behind at all. He was unstoppable in game one.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 12:55 pm

Can you name someone better? And don't give me this KG 4 MVP crap. KG played exceptionally well this year, but career wise he's a close second to TD.
Ginofan

Postby Shaki on Mon May 03, 2004 1:13 pm

Ginofan wrote:Can you name someone better? And don't give me this KG 4 MVP crap. KG played exceptionally well this year, but career wise he's a close second to TD.

Of course, guess who : :shaq:

Mailman for sure
Shaki

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 1:40 pm

Maybe 10 years ago he was. The Mailman no longer "delivers". Last night just wasn't some fluke, Tim has dominated Karl ever since he came into the league.
Ginofan

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon May 03, 2004 1:51 pm

Ginofan wrote:Can you name someone better? And don't give me this KG 4 MVP crap. KG played exceptionally well this year, but career wise he's a close second to TD.

Your b.s'ing me right? The REAL MVP of last year and official MVP this year is better than Duncrap.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Shaki on Mon May 03, 2004 1:56 pm

Ginofan wrote:Maybe 10 years ago he was. The Mailman no longer "delivers". :man7: :man7: :man7: :man7: Last night just wasn't some fluke, Tim has dominated Karl ever since he came into the league.

You are right that sunday special delivery was awful, but watch out for game two, he will knock down his shots, pull some chairs on Duncrap, and make some great passes. :jam2:
Shaki

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 3:00 pm

Your b.s'ing me right? The REAL MVP of last year and official MVP this year is better than Duncrap.

I don't need you to agree with me, there's plenty of analysts that do that already. It's MY opinion that Duncan is better than KG looking at their careers.
Ginofan

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon May 03, 2004 3:26 pm

Ginofan wrote:

I don't need you to agree with me, there's plenty of analysts that do that already. It's MY opinion that Duncan is better than KG looking at their careers.

The past is gone, KG is better right now and still gets better. Yea Duncan's better, thats why he got MVP this year and "earned" it last year. :man10:
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 3:51 pm

Can you NOT read? I said CAREER WISE. :man7:
Ginofan

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon May 03, 2004 4:00 pm

Ginofan wrote:Can you NOT read? I said CAREER WISE. :man7:

Then by your rational thinking no one can ever be. It doesn't matter that you start off good and someone else didnt', if someone else is better than you what you did or accomplished years ago means NOTHING. I wonder who KG had on his team to teach him cuz Duncrap had the admiral.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 4:21 pm

It's funny how people want to give Dave credit NOW that his career is over. Because they sure as hell didn't when he was playing.

And exactly how are they going to measure who is better if they don't go by what either one accomplished during their careers? Oh KG shows more emotion on court he sooooo better. If you can't go by rings, stats, awards? What exactly are you supposed to go by? Color of the jersey?
Ginofan

Postby Kasumi on Mon May 03, 2004 4:32 pm

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this upset Mandy! Well, maybe after that foul on Manu in the last series ....

But seriously, Mandy is right. KG is not the player that Duncan is, now or career-wise. KG isn't a leader and doesn't make his teammates better, they had to bring in two guys who have already proven themself in order to get out of the first round. KG, by himself, is a great player - I don't want to take anything away from him - but he's not as complete of a player as TD is. Timmy is surrounded by 2nd round picks and NBDL guys, not to mention a center that left Minny and KG, and makes them better while still putting up his own great numbers.
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday