(LAL/SA) Game 1 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Mon May 03, 2004 4:35 pm

missmyzte wrote:Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this upset Mandy! Well, maybe after that foul on Manu in the last series ....

But seriously, Mandy is right. KG is not the player that Duncan is, now or career-wise. KG isn't a leader and doesn't make his teammates better, they had to bring in two guys who have already proven themself in order to get out of the first round. KG, by himself, is a great player - I don't want to take anything away from him - but he's not as complete of a player as TD is. Timmy is surrounded by 2nd round picks and NBDL guys, not to mention a center that left Minny and KG, and makes them better while still putting up his own great numbers.

ginofan is mandy??? that means ginofan is a gal?? i thought ginofan was a guy.... whatever..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 4:55 pm

lol umm yeah I'm a FEMALE!

Misti, Posey is still a PUNK! :mad1:
Not really upset about this post though, people have their opinions and I have mine. It just annoys me when credit isn't given where it's due.

P.S. You need to tell Rob to take that open 3 when he has it! :man12:
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon May 03, 2004 4:57 pm

missmyzte wrote:Wow, I don't think I've ever seen you this upset Mandy! Well, maybe after that foul on Manu in the last series ....

But seriously, Mandy is right. KG is not the player that Duncan is, now or career-wise. KG isn't a leader and doesn't make his teammates better, they had to bring in two guys who have already proven themself in order to get out of the first round. KG, by himself, is a great player - I don't want to take anything away from him - but he's not as complete of a player as TD is. Timmy is surrounded by 2nd round picks and NBDL guys, not to mention a center that left Minny and KG, and makes them better while still putting up his own great numbers.

Excuse me while I lmao. If Duncan is such an all around player why was he not MVP (not to mention did NOT deserve it last year). KG does make players around him better, who did he have last year to help him. If the Spurs win this year it won't be because of Duncan alone.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Kasumi on Mon May 03, 2004 5:01 pm

I've was reading your posts in the other forum and noticed you were just a bit more upset than usual :man1:

And I'll bet you could hear me yelling all the way over there in SA when Rob sat there, held the ball at the top of the key, his teammates begging him to take the shot and the Lakers defenders (or lack of defenders) daring him and HE PASSED THE BALL. Why why why? It's not like he had a bad last game, he hit 4 of 5 from beyond the arc in that last game against the Baby Bears.

He was good defensively though he didn't grab as many boards as he usually does but I REALLY want to see a timely 3 from him!
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Kasumi on Mon May 03, 2004 5:03 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:Excuse me while I lmao. If Duncan is such an all around player why was he not MVP (not to mention did NOT deserve it last year). KG does make players around him better, who did he have last year to help him. If the Spurs win this year it won't be because of Duncan alone.

I never said it was because of Duncan alone, I said he is a great leader and make his teammates better. And to say that Timmy isn't a great all-around player because he didn't win m.v.p. THIS YEAR is ridiculous - Kobe has never won it so is he not a great player?

Oh, and who did KG have last year? How about one of the guys that Duncan has this year!
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon May 03, 2004 5:07 pm

missmyzte wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:Excuse me while I lmao. If Duncan is such an all around player why was he not MVP (not to mention did NOT deserve it last year). KG does make players around him better, who did he have last year to help him. If the Spurs win this year it won't be because of Duncan alone.

I never said it was because of Duncan alone, I said he is a great leader and make his teammates better. And to say that Timmy isn't a great all-around player because he didn't win m.v.p. THIS YEAR is ridiculous - Kobe has never won it so is he not a great player?

Oh, and who did KG have last year? How about one of the guys that Duncan has this year!

Kobe is the best player in the league today, but he doesn't have all the all around game KG does, neither does Duncrap. Rebounds, assists, points, and a lot more: advantage: KG.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 5:14 pm

Why does he need help if he can make his players better? You say TD didn't deserve it last year, but how do you know that? It's your opinion.

Exactly it won't be all Duncan if the Spurs win it this year. It'll be beacuse of Tim, Horry, Rasho, Tony, Hedo, and the following:

~Bruce Bowen- a non-drafted FA
~Devin Brown- a non drafted FA who is just 1 of 14 from the NBDL
~Manu Ginobili- 57th pick in the second round of the 1999 draft
~Jason Hart- 49th second round pick (2000) signed as a FA
~Malik Rose- 44th second round pick (1996) signed as a FA
~Kevin Willis- the oldest guy playing in the league.
Ginofan

Postby Ginofan on Mon May 03, 2004 5:17 pm

Misti, he might just be saving it for that killer moment...putting the dagger in the heart of all the doubting Laker fans, organization, coaching, etc.
Ginofan

Postby porkoi on Wed May 05, 2004 6:55 pm

uh oh here comes GP!
porkoi

Postby Kb8theGreat on Wed May 05, 2004 6:56 pm

lol wrong thread man
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby Island Laker Fan on Wed May 05, 2004 8:43 pm

With this loss you can look at the series two ways. 1. The Spurs held their home court. So for the Lakers to come back in this series they have to win their games at home. Then try to steal one on the road. 2. The Lakers are in serious jeopardy! The Spurs have the Lakers number. As a Lifelong Purple and Golder I have to say #1. I still believe that if the Lakers can win Games 3 and 4 they can still win this series. It's going to take adjustments from the coaching staff and the players. I liked GP at the start of the 3rd. For the first time in the series Parker had to play defense. Then the Lakers went away from that. Also, Shaq was dominate with Rasho on him, yet they went away from that in 4th quarter. Don't blame Kobe Mr. Harrison. Kobe was the playmaker or facilitator today. The Lakers took too long to get out of the gates and ran out of gas in the 4th. Credit the Spurs 48 minutes of Defense. I want to get that out of the way, but with that being said Kobe shot TWO freethrows the whole game. With all of the times that Kobe drives to the hoop he gets only two freethrows! Come on Lakers I still believe. Limit the turnovers, make Parker play defense, make the Spurs pay for having Rasho guard Shaq, and don't turn in to give Kobe the ball and get out of the way in the 4th quarter.
Oahu is my home...The Lakers are my OHANA
From SHOWTIME...To The Lakeshow...To The Four-Sided Triangle
Island Laker Fan

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday