(LAL/SA) Game 2 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby nosebleedbum on Wed May 05, 2004 8:19 pm

payton is gutless. He didn't step up his game. Don't care what system they're running. take 19 shots make 8 of them not 5. This is the playoffs. Cold shooting, make it hot, since he didn't he's a bum like worthless George. Why was he in the last 2 minutes?????

Anybody know why the lakers only had 18 FT. Shaq stunk at the line again but why so few?
nosebleedbum

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed May 05, 2004 8:19 pm

i wanna see lakers become more of a defensive team...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed May 05, 2004 8:19 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:im sorry, but i think the lakers season is at an end, i never thought lakers were able to beat san antonio after the way we've played @ staples center game 4 of regular '03-'04 season, and then game one.

we were in a 11 game win strk, SA ended it, we advanced first round, and SA pounded us, today we lose by 10. this is jus tmy opinion :-\ i hope im wrong.

my confidence is at 1 out of 10 that lakers will win.

well bring ur confidence back up buddy cus they will win..they can get right back into the series wit 2 wins at home

and btw, we never got pounded, just fourth quarter meltdowns, we just as easily could have been up 2-0 now, if we had kept our poise and if we executed well

YOU KNOW WHO"S FAULT THAT IS = PHIL JACKSON!!!

ITS CALLED BAD COACHING , wrong peronnell out on the floor and not calling TIME-OUTS!!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Magic32 on Wed May 05, 2004 8:21 pm

mgx i feel exactly the same way u do right now, ur words described exactly what i feel like and i dun think any1 could put it better.
The Laker dynasty will never end.
Magic32

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed May 05, 2004 8:23 pm

payton is letting every point guard in the league kill us, parker, van exel, claxton, francis....what happen to his GLOVE?
Karl11-Caron1

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed May 05, 2004 8:25 pm

next game sunday
i really hope everyone going to the game on sunday is screaming like crazy to get lakers in the game!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby #1_Kobe_fan on Wed May 05, 2004 8:26 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:payton is letting every point guard in the league kill us, parker, van exel, claxton, francis....what happen to his GLOVE?

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GLOVE?????? ITS PHIL JACKSON!!!
There is no motivation for him to play defense because his lack of offense productivity!! he doesn't understand the Triangle and PHIL JACK is not getting him involved!!! PLUS ITS JUST HIS AGE SHOWING!!!
#1_Kobe_fan

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed May 05, 2004 8:30 pm

man if they dont win championship this year, imma feel so bad for malone and payton, more for malone cuz he got hurt and all and his effort and stuff, especially thru the houston series...eh... :bang: i dont like spurs
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed May 05, 2004 8:32 pm

i wonder what would haev happened if we lost that blazer game....we probably would have won against mavs in 4-6 games, and beat MINN in hmm 5 games? do kings fair against spurs?
Karl11-Caron1

Postby dj vitus on Wed May 05, 2004 8:39 pm

Minny woulda been tough.. imagine Cassell and Spree runnin the floor all night! Although they do have less experience together...

But we can't imagine what could have or would have..

looking forward to Sunday......
dj vitus

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed May 05, 2004 8:40 pm

I'm pissed. Even if the Lakers won't win I'm still a fan. I'm a Laker fan through and through, I love Shaq, Kobe, Payton (who needs more time posting up Phil!), Fish, everyone but Sampson, and I love our coach. No matter what, no matter how big the loss, how long the drought of rings I'm a Laker fan. I love the Lakers y que!!!!
Last edited by Realm of Shadows on Wed May 05, 2004 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Kb8theGreat on Wed May 05, 2004 8:49 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:I'm pissed. Even if the Lakers won't win I'm still a fan. I'm a Laker fan through and through, I love Shaq, Kobe, Payton (who needs more time posting up Phil!), Fish, everyone but Sampson and our coach. No matter what, no matter how big the loss, how long the drought of rings I'm a Laker fan. I love the Lakers y que!!!!
Holla at a true fan
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby dj vitus on Wed May 05, 2004 8:52 pm

So Slava comes in and hits 3 consecutive outside jumpers.. and then gets benched for practically the rest of the game?

I guess I could understand him having 3 fouls, but hey he got 6 to use anyway...
dj vitus

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 05, 2004 9:00 pm

You know what's interesting about both of these games? Neither team is happy with them. The Spurs are happy to be up but it only spells out trouble when you have two consecutive 3rd quarter let-downs.

Shaq was a monster tonight, there was no way to stop him and I haven't seen him play like that in a while. The Lakers frustrated the Spurs after half-time, causing them to rush the offense and take bad shots. They're not a great offensive team anyways so throwing them off like that really hurt. I would not want to be in the next film session for either team, Pop and PJ are going to be pissed.
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby lakers2112 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:04 pm

Jackson is on the radio complaining that we fall behind too much etc....yet this dumbass doesn't call a timeout until we're down by 14-17 time and time again. We're paying this idiot 6 million a year for this?
I know "letting the players figure it out" worked 2-3 years ago. It didn't work last year, it didn't work this year. Hey Phil, earn SOME of your money please. Idiot.
lakers2112

Postby porkoi on Wed May 05, 2004 9:05 pm

the true heart of a champion shows in times of despair. did the lakers give up in game 7 vs portland in the 2000 WCF when they were down by 20+? did the lakers give up when they were about to go down 3-1 vs sac in 2002 WCF? :man7: nope, shaq, kobe, and the rest of the gang never gave up and thats why we kept the o'brien for 3 years in tinseltown. all you bandwagoners will see and when we show you losers the heart of a champion, please dont hop back on the purple and gold wagon. we dont need doubters. you know they say lakers fans are soft and you guys are showing it. i never turn off the set when the game looks impossible, i never left staples or the forum to get out of the horrible traffic as early as possible after the game. we will win this in 7 and thats that :man2: all hail the greatest franchise in sports history :bow: or be this guy :bang:
porkoi

Postby lakers2112 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:07 pm

Can someone please tell me why, knowing Shaq is gonna miss 7 out of 10 freethrows NOBODY hangs around the basked to at least try to get a hand on a rebound???? Yet the Spurs get offensive rebounds off of missed freethrows and convert the layups. A little bit of hustle anyone? Couldn't hurt.

:mad1:
lakers2112

Postby fcb2001 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:07 pm

i feel the same way, i still feel that we might pull it off

Realm of Shadows wrote:I'm pissed. Even if the Lakers won't win I'm still a fan. I'm a Laker fan through and through, I love Shaq, Kobe, Payton (who needs more time posting up Phil!), Fish, everyone but Sampson, and I love our coach. No matter what, no matter how big the loss, how long the drought of rings I'm a Laker fan. I love the Lakers y que!!!!
GO LAKERS
GO RED WINGS
GO CARDINALS
GO BUCS
fcb2001

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed May 05, 2004 9:09 pm

fcb2001 wrote:i feel the same way, i still feel that we might pull it off

Realm of Shadows wrote:I'm pissed. Even if the Lakers won't win I'm still a fan. I'm a Laker fan through and through, I love Shaq, Kobe, Payton (who needs more time posting up Phil!), Fish, everyone but Sampson, and I love our coach. No matter what, no matter how big the loss, how long the drought of rings I'm a Laker fan. I love the Lakers y que!!!!

I haven't given up on this taem, the fat lady isn't singing and until she is its not over.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:09 pm

These games were mirror images of eachother.

The Spurs come out hot in the first.
The Lakers climb the hill in the 2nd quarter.
The Lakers play excellent in the 3rd quarter.
The Lakers can't score in the 4th.

I'm so sick of hearing about the "Spurs defense" -- It's simple lack of execution by the Lakers. :man7:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed May 05, 2004 9:10 pm

ok guys
game 3
will probley be the biggest game this season!
MUST WIN!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby fcb2001 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:12 pm

i hope we do,

GO LAKERS

G|B|G|B wrote:ok guys
game 3
will probley be the biggest game this season!
MUST WIN!
GO LAKERS
GO RED WINGS
GO CARDINALS
GO BUCS
fcb2001

Postby lakers2112 on Wed May 05, 2004 9:14 pm

The Spurs are a great defensive team because they hustle. They get their hands on passes, on rebounds, on the passing lanes. That's called great defense.
lakers2112

Postby gill on Wed May 05, 2004 9:16 pm

I pretty much given up hope. We have to win 4 out of 5 from a San Antonio team who's got our numbers and game plan figured out.

Still, I'm still gonna watch the rest of the series and savor what was supposed to be a dream season.

I'm just not having much optimism anymore. Whatever happens, happens... still a Lakers fan through and through. Sticking by them until the final buzzer of this series sounds, whether it's us moving on or the Spurs.
gill

Postby Ginofan on Wed May 05, 2004 9:33 pm

18 - 1 since I've been in attendance, BABY! :jam2:

I'm not gonna talk too much....well I'll try not to hehe, Ya'll got game 3. If you don't win that then I'll be sorely dissapointed.
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday