(LAL/SA) Game 2 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:33 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:These games were mirror images of eachother.

The Spurs come out hot in the first.
The Lakers climb the hill in the 2nd quarter.
The Lakers play excellent in the 3rd quarter.
The Lakers can't score in the 4th.

I'm so sick of hearing about the "Spurs defense" -- It's simple lack of execution by the Lakers. :man7:

Yes. The Spurs play good D but there are other teams that are better defensively. If the Lakers had played more than one quarter of good basketball they'd be even or up in this series. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:36 pm

Ginofan wrote:18 - 1 since I've been in attendance, BABY! :jam2:

I'm not gonna talk too much....well I'll try not to hehe, Ya'll got game 3. If you don't win that then I'll be sorely dissapointed.

What's the title of that Stevie Wonder funky song? Oh yes, it's "Superstition." :man10:

If the Lakers don't win I'LL be sorely disappointed (the word is spelled with 2 p's, not 2 s's). :man1:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:39 pm

gill wrote:I pretty much given up hope. We have to win 4 out of 5 from a San Antonio team who's got our numbers and game plan figured out.

Still, I'm still gonna watch the rest of the series and savor what was supposed to be a dream season.

I'm just not having much optimism anymore. Whatever happens, happens... still a Lakers fan through and through. Sticking by them until the final buzzer of this series sounds, whether it's us moving on or the Spurs.

It's a tough situation, but all we fans can do now is support our team and hope the Lakers find a way to win. Don't look at it as having to win 4 out of 5, just take the series one game at a time. First the Lakers have to win game 3, after that we'll see.
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
fcb2001 wrote:i feel the same way, i still feel that we might pull it off

Realm of Shadows wrote:I'm pissed. Even if the Lakers won't win I'm still a fan. I'm a Laker fan through and through, I love Shaq, Kobe, Payton (who needs more time posting up Phil!), Fish, everyone but Sampson, and I love our coach. No matter what, no matter how big the loss, how long the drought of rings I'm a Laker fan. I love the Lakers y que!!!!

I haven't given up on this taem, the fat lady isn't singing and until she is its not over.

She isn't even ready to come out on stage, as far as I'm concerned. :man10: Nice to see a true fan keeping it real. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby G-Slinger on Wed May 05, 2004 9:46 pm

What the hell is all of this pessimism?? First off we all know the lakers can play much much better. Secondly, there going home, and they dominate at home. And thirdly, I've been a Laker fan too long, and seen them come back in to many series to call this one. The Lakers are far from done, and I hope all of you "fans" realize that. If not, then your not a "fan".
Kobe Bryant is better then Michael Jordan.

-John Salley

I Love the Lakers
G-Slinger

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 05, 2004 9:46 pm

Ginofan wrote:18 - 1 since I've been in attendance, BABY! :jam2:

I'm not gonna talk too much....well I'll try not to hehe, Ya'll got game 3. If you don't win that then I'll be sorely dissapointed.

How was it at the game?? Everytime I saw Manu drive or dunk or shoot I thought of you and how excited you must be :jam2:
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby Ginofan on Wed May 05, 2004 9:53 pm

It was CRAZY Misti!

My voice is completely gone and my hands feel like they are bruised! lol
ON the way down the double escalators Lakers fans were trying to represent...which is fine...but don't do it in front of a bunch of rowdy and probably drunk upperdeck Spurs fans! Numerous fights broke out...and the stupid sheriff people were all downstairs near the doors...

I grabbed one and told him "Dude get in there, they are beating the crap out of each other" He looked at me and straightfaced said "Again?!" :man10:

Ahhhhh How i LOVE Manu! Great passes, good layups, FEARLESS play. Misti I told Jackie how happy you would be with that trey Rob threw up with a defender in his face! That was awesome!

It was REALLY fustrating in the 3rd quarter when Shaq just DOMINATED. I thought for sure we wouldn't be able to recover, but I'm glad I was wrong obviously!
<<..SAN ANTONIO SPURS..>>..<<..2005 NBA CHAMPS..>>
Ginofan
Clublakers Rep: Spurs

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:55 pm

missmyzte wrote:You know what's interesting about both of these games? Neither team is happy with them. The Spurs are happy to be up but it only spells out trouble when you have two consecutive 3rd quarter let-downs.

Shaq was a monster tonight, there was no way to stop him and I haven't seen him play like that in a while. The Lakers frustrated the Spurs after half-time, causing them to rush the offense and take bad shots. They're not a great offensive team anyways so throwing them off like that really hurt. I would not want to be in the next film session for either team, Pop and PJ are going to be pissed.

The Spurs have been playing great but are still vulnerable, if the Lakers had played well in the 4th quarter (or any quarter in addition to the 3rd) of either game who knows what would've happened. The Spurs are in a good position but it's still early in the series and they can't relax.

Shaq played great, but he still needs to hit those free throws. The Lakers did frustrate the Spurs and I hope they do more of the same the next game. Pop might not be totally happy, but Phil will definitely be pissed, even during the 2nd game he was yelling during the timeouts. Maybe that will motivate the Lakers though, so that's not a bad thing.
lakerzrule

Postby sn33k on Wed May 05, 2004 9:55 pm

Like I said after game 1.....

SWEEEP!!!!

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: The fLakers are done. :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
sn33k

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:58 pm

Ginofan wrote:ON the way down the double escalators Lakers fans were trying to represent...which is fine...but don't do it in front of a bunch of rowdy and probably drunk upperdeck Spurs fans! Numerous fights broke out...and the stupid sheriff people were all downstairs near the doors...

I grabbed one and told him "Dude get in there, they are beating the crap out of each other" He looked at me and straightfaced said "Again?!" :man10:

It's fine to support your team but be smart about it. Don't make fun of or diss the other team in front of their fans, especially if they're drunk or bigger than you are. :man7:
Last edited by lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Wed May 05, 2004 9:59 pm

sn33k wrote:Like I said after game 1.....

SWEEEP!!!!

We'll see what happens, don't get out your brooms just yet :man1: and it's funny how some members "disguise" their swearing. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby Kasumi on Wed May 05, 2004 10:42 pm

LOL, you can tell Jackie that you were right, I was over here SCREAMING when Rob hit that shot. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come ... as long as he doesn't have to guard Shaq. I love Horry but he can't guard Shaq when he's playing like the MDE. I really felt for Rasho tonight, too.

I can't decide if my 2nd favorite play of the game was Tony's behind-the-back pass to Manu on the break or Manu's back-door cut slam. Both were great, I can't wait for the highlights to come out on SC :man1:

So ... any of the fights have to do with people cheering too loudly?
ImageImage

"Basketball reasons" is as believable coming from Mitch Kupchak as it was coming from David Stern. #IWantedPhil
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby kbryant on Wed May 05, 2004 11:54 pm

sn33k wrote:Like I said after game 1.....

SWEEEP!!!!

WE WILL WIN 2 GAMES AT HOME

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE

if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 06, 2004 1:04 am

Oh man, my brother and sister are attending Sunday's game upper level... I better tell them to keep an eye out in case it happens in Staples....

As for the game itself, I just hope the Lakers are at least motivated to win (unlike a few occasions in the reg season when they lost to spurs and blazers and who else in a row at home......)
dj vitus

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Thu May 06, 2004 2:35 pm

crap...... im 30-1 when i wear my underwear on top of my pants....
but its all good...
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby noxcel on Thu May 06, 2004 2:42 pm

purple_and_gold_fever wrote:crap...... im 30-1 when i wear my underwear on top of my pants....
but its all good...

:man10: , too much info...
noxcel

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday