(LAL/SA) Game 3 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lakerzrule on Sun May 09, 2004 5:35 pm

Great game by the Lakers, if they keep playing like this they'll advance. Go Lakers, beat the Spurs in six! :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby JSM on Sun May 09, 2004 6:03 pm

Did anyone else notice how much chemistry Kobe and Malone have together? It's crazy, they played a lot of the two man game and were very successful at it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SMUnderground on Sun May 09, 2004 6:07 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Did anyone else notice how much chemistry Kobe and Malone have together? It's crazy, they played a lot of the two man game and were very successful at it.

yea..i know..

daymnnn...we won all the scores back from game 1 and 2

if we add all 3 games's score up..we'll prob get teh same scores.
SMUnderground

Postby gill on Sun May 09, 2004 6:08 pm

They really compliment each other very well, and they also did that two-man show during the Rockets series, especially in OT in game 4.

Malone's a great passer but it's just so uncanny how the two of them can read each other's intentions.

edit: by the way I just wanna add. For today's game, my favorite play was when Kevin Willis botched that wide open dunk. :man10:
gill

Postby shoe on Sun May 09, 2004 7:01 pm

gill wrote:edit: by the way I just wanna add. For today's game, my favorite play was when Kevin Willis botched that wide open dunk. :man10:

yeah, taht was so funny, when he went up for the dunk i was like "aww man wide open dunk!" and then he missed! im glad i captured tat too
shoe

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun May 09, 2004 7:19 pm

SMUnderground wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:Did anyone else notice how much chemistry Kobe and Malone have together? It's crazy, they played a lot of the two man game and were very successful at it.

yea..i know..

daymnnn...we won all the scores back from game 1 and 2

if we add all 3 games's score up..we'll prob get teh same scores.

Actually it would be +4 Lakers. :man1: But that doesn't matter, we only have 1 W compared to 2 of theirs. Don't worry, it'll be even come Tuesday night. Game 5, as always, is very pivotal in who has the momentum to advance.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby queen_hater on Sun May 09, 2004 10:22 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:It would seem that Congratulating the Lakers for their win is now to be confined to this forum, so I suppose I'll repost here ...

T-Wolves Rule wrote:Good win for the Lakers.
They stayed aggressive and played well for the entire game.
Can they do it two games in a row?
Cause they better not put their hopes on the Spurs having just about everyone playing poorly for a second game in a row.

The Spurs can't be very happy about this one ... since they were given chances to get back into the game several times and just didn't play very well today.

And of course ... I feel obligated to make a Referee reference ... or I wouldn't feel like this was truly ClubLakers.com
I'm sure you're all more than happy with the Officiating in this game right?
Lakers 40 - Spurs 22 Free Throws ... Hmm, looks like all your whining paid off for you. Maybe the Refs visit CL and felt bad for you guys.
LOL

i smell the :haterade:

just like the wolves the sterns kept jacking it up from outside...therefore little freethrows given :man10:

lakers blowout the sterns and that is all that matters ahhahahahahahaha :man10:
queen_hater

Postby queen_hater on Sun May 09, 2004 10:26 pm

Ginofan wrote:I guess a little repost is in order....

Ginofan wrote:Well I suppose here would be the best thread to make my entrance after such an ugly loss. (Even though I expected it, I just didn't think it would be that ugly)

The Lakers made the adjustments that they were supposed to. I and the rest of the Spurs nation though Popovich was preparing the guys for this adjustment. It didn't look like it. The lack of agressiveness from the Spurs killed them. They kept trying to feed it to Tony to go down the lane, but he's become such an attention drawer he can't get to the basket. So they are forced to shoot jump shots...and with Hedo Turkoglu being in his slump and people just basically giving up nothing was going in. It was a poor performance by the Spurs which they won't repeat.

The only bright side of this game for me was that Gino did great, and Devin Brown is coming into his own. It's sad when you're bench outscores your starting lineup.

Popovich thoroughly pissed me off. He kept putting in Kevin Willis and Robert Horry who weren't getting the job done of gaurding Shaq. I was literally SCREAMIN for Malik to be put in. (Malik ALWAYS tries his best to post up against the big guy) But by the time he actually did put Lik in, it was too late. And then Popovich LEFT Hedo in clank after clank, instead of leaving Ginobili in...who was actually MAKING shots. It's times like these that I even wonder how he recieved a Coach of the Year award.

Okay sorry for the rant. You guys got it first, since this is the first place I came to after getting home. Congrats to the Lakers, I knew I didn't underestimate them, no matter how many people were whispering "Sweep Sweep!" in my ear.

i was also a bit confused with Pops rotation today. malik is their best defender against shaq off the bench. good for us though that Pop messed up :man1:
queen_hater

Postby noxcel on Mon May 10, 2004 10:10 am

awesome game, everything was perfect. The first good game of the playoffs.
noxcel

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Mon May 10, 2004 4:00 pm

good game
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby lakerzrule on Mon May 10, 2004 4:35 pm

shoe wrote:
gill wrote:edit: by the way I just wanna add. For today's game, my favorite play was when Kevin Willis botched that wide open dunk. :man10:

yeah, taht was so funny, when he went up for the dunk i was like "aww man wide open dunk!" and then he missed! im glad i captured tat too

Favorite "plays" of Game 3:

1) Shaq dives for the loose ball, and Karl goes after another and ends up standing on the scorer's table. :jam2:

2) Kevin Willis BLOWS the dunk! :man10:

3) Tony Parker shoots an airball from WAY downtown! :man1:

4) Tony Parker getting flattened and blocked by Shaq. :man7:

5) Tim Duncan sitting on the court pleading his case on a foul call and NOT getting bailed out by the refs. :bow:
lakerzrule

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday