Postby G|B|G|B on Mon May 10, 2004 4:53 pm

Who ever brings me the head of a spur will receive a shiny new donkey. :man10:
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Mon May 10, 2004 5:28 pm

Here is something I found about Game 4.
Sportsline:

Lakers hope to repeat Game 3 effort in Game 4

For the Los Angeles Lakers, it was the game of the year -- a performance they'd love to repeat.

As for the San Antonio Spurs, maybe they were just due for a clunker.

Game 4 will be played Tuesday night.

"They're still in the driver's seat -- we just want to tie it up," Lakers forward Karl Malone said Monday.

"Their key guys didn't have a good game," teammate Shaquille O'Neal said. "I expect them to have a better game tomorrow."

The Spurs couldn't play much more poorly if they tried, having shot 34.1 percent and committing 21 turnovers in Game 3.

That's only a part of it.

"Our defense was very soft," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We played as if we thought somebody was going to give us something. I was really disappointed."

But Popovich and his players made one thing clear - it wasn't just them.

"They helped us lay that egg. I thought the whole (San Antonio) team was discombobulated," Popovich said.

"We know we're playing a great team," said Robert Horry, who joined the Spurs this season after six and a half seasons with the Lakers. "We know we had a bad game, a really bad game -- part due to us, part due to them."

O'Neal was at his dominating best with 28 points, 15 rebounds and eight blocked shots. He shot 11-of-13, leading the Lakers to a 56.9 percent effort from the floor.

"When we're playing like that, nobody's going to beat us," O'Neal said. "I urged my teammates to keep me involved. If they keep me involved, I'll lead us - I sure will."

Asked why the Lakers have had such a difficult time sustaining the kind of intensity they displayed Sunday, O'Neal was at a loss for words.

"I don't know, I don't know," he finally said.

Malone, Kobe Bryant and Gary Payton also were exceptional at both ends of the court in Game 3.

"The intensity was great. We have to bring more technique to it," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. "You always have to play with some great intensity on defense. We've been building toward that in the playoffs."

San Antonio stars Tim Duncan and Tony Parker combined for 104 points in the first two games. Game 3 was a much different story. Duncan shot 4-of-14 while scoring 10 points and Parker was 4-of-12 for eight points.

"I'm not one that likes to lose. I was a big part of us losing yesterday," Duncan said. "It's very disappointing. It's a lot about execution. They made some tweaks in their game plan, and they executed very well. They took Tony and myself out of it."

The loss snapped the Spurs' 17-game winning streak and was their first loss since March 23.

"That's a long run, and we played some good teams," Horry said.

So, were they due?

"You hate to say that, but it might be true," Duncan said.

"They were due for a loss, we were due to play better," Lakers forward Rick Fox said.

"Everybody wants to make amends for the poor showing," San Antonio's Bruce Bowen said.

"We worry about what's going on with the San Antonio Spurs," Bowen replied when asked about Bryant's situation. "It's unfortunate what's going on with Kobe right now, but we could care less. He's the enemy."

Jackson said he will speak with Bryant before Game 4 concerning strategy and adjustments.

"He hasn't shown a great deal of difficulty coming back from those trips and playing those games," Jackson said. "A lot of times, I talk to him about the minutes he wants to play, how he feels about it. We're going to have to have a very potent Kobe to win."
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Kobe8Bryant on Mon May 10, 2004 5:28 pm

this game a MUST win, all the lakers have to do is do the same things they did on sunday, and take care of the ball. Lakers will win by 6.
Kobe8Bryant

Postby shoe on Mon May 10, 2004 6:28 pm

kobe should make more FT, hard to believe that shaq shot a higher % from the FT line than kobe in game 3
shoe

Postby G|B|G|B on Mon May 10, 2004 6:30 pm

shaq was shooting okay from ft line
didnt he go like 3 straight?
G|B|G|B

Postby Laker Legion on Mon May 10, 2004 7:55 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:ImageImage

You forgot this one
Laker Legion

Postby G|B|G|B on Mon May 10, 2004 8:26 pm

i wonder how lakers respond to PJ's comment of this is it
it most likely will make them hungary
G|B|G|B

Postby BDG on Mon May 10, 2004 9:23 pm

Whoa Laker Legion that's REAL old school!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby gill on Mon May 10, 2004 9:34 pm

Shaq's probably gonna get double teamed by Duncan and Rasho, so I expect him to go to the foul line a lot in this game and actually hit them free throws.

Kobe's gonna play after coming from court so he'll probably have another solid game.

2-2 after Game 4!!!
gill

Postby Laker Legion on Mon May 10, 2004 9:48 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Whoa Laker Legion that's REAL old school!

I know dude :jam2: Look how skinny Shaq is Yikes... :man4:
Laker Legion

Postby KobeBryant583 on Mon May 10, 2004 11:21 pm

after this game it's 2-2 tied!!!!
KobeBryant583

Postby LAL Bling on Tue May 11, 2004 5:24 am

Prediction (wishful thinking):

Game 4 - Lakers look uninspired in the 1st half. Staples Center is quiet. Kobe looks lethargic. 2nd half starts. Loose ball in the middle of the court. Jack Nicholson gets too excited and dives for the ball. Steve Javie warns Jack. Lakers are pumped up. Arena starts chanting: "Remember the Alamo" cuz that's where we're heading with a 2-2 series.

Game 5 - Tight game all the way. Both teams are clutch in the final 2 minutes. Game on the line. 2 seconds left. Score tied. Horry pulls up for a 3 ... spins around in the rim and bounces out. Lakers win 3-2.

Game 6 - Laker starters aren't producing. Insert the bench. Suddenly everybody's lighting it up. Walton dishes off quick passes. Rush becomes the mirror image of Kobe. Fish drops L-bombs from way deep. Cook fights for rebounds and even throws an elbow in Duncan's face. Malone smiles on the bench about that. Slava is shooting like Peja. Russell drops a few daggers from the arc. Fox gets in a fight with Ginobli and chases him off the court. Lakers clinch 4-2.
LAL Bling

Postby lofton_wu on Tue May 11, 2004 7:16 am

MUST WNI no doubt,and we can do that.But I worry Lakers are over cofidence,and after Game 3,Spurs will try to find the solution about Lakers' defense on TD and Parker,so I hope Phil know this point,encourage and notice our players,I believe if Lakers play like Game 3 then Spurs will have no chance to win....the only thing for us,is just play with HUSTLE!!oh,and reduce the turnovers....

Come on Lakers,focus on every game and every second!!
GO LAKERS,WE ARE THE CHAMPION!!
lofton_wu

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue May 11, 2004 7:24 am

I'm attending the game with my father in a SkyBox. I cannot personally wait. Let's get this series tied up and head back to San Antonio with some momentum. Never lose hope, never lose faith...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby fcb2001 on Tue May 11, 2004 10:13 am

lakers by 15
GO LAKERS
GO RED WINGS
GO CARDINALS
GO BUCS
fcb2001

Postby Laker Legion on Tue May 11, 2004 10:14 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I'm attending the game with my father in a SkyBox. I cannot personally wait. Let's get this series tied up and head back to San Antonio with some momentum. Never lose hope, never lose faith...

You lucky mother..Have fun man.I sure would.....
Laker Legion

Postby Laker Legion on Tue May 11, 2004 10:16 am

Some Quotes

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
-John Wooden

In war there is no substitute for victory.
-Douglas MacArthur

Adversity cause some men to break; others to break records.
-William A. Ward

Winners never quit and quitters never win.
-Anon.
Laker Legion

Postby kbryant on Tue May 11, 2004 10:50 am

we are 3-0 when kobe comes lately from court!! :jam2: :jam2:

it will be 4-0. i totally believe we'll win,and for kobe great game

shaq has improvement ft's in game 3, i hope him in game 4 too!

GO LAKERS!!
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby mouseys on Tue May 11, 2004 10:59 am

the glove has got the love!!! Lakers will win tonight, even if the spurs are playing 100%. The lakers cannot be beaten when they play with the type of intensity and hunger we saw in game 3. It will crush the spurs to think "Man we came with our A game and we still couldn't take them." I'm looking for Duncan and Parker to be hot. However Kobe and Shaq will be hot too, and lets face it out of the two i'd rather have the latter on my team when they get going. I think it'll be a high scoring game, on one end the spurs make a play, but the lakers come right back and don't let up. Lakers by about 10 tho cuz the spurs 1st half will see them behind by about 8-12. Mailman will not be stopped, nor hail, sleet, rain, or a tight spurs defense can stop him. Malone will make some pretty plays tonight. Gary will show us why they call him the glove. GO LAKERS!!!! Win, lose, or tie;Laker till I DIE!!!!!!!!
mouseys

Postby kbryant on Tue May 11, 2004 11:11 am

i dont know how i can say but..

kobe hasnt got spectacular dunk when he is alone in offense

game 3 he had chance but fisher didnt pass and got fouled,

maybe game 4, iwant it too much!!

and in game 3 shaq's dunk were awesome, especially with malone's passes.
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby Gold Brick on Tue May 11, 2004 11:17 am

The Lakers can and will win if Kobe is present at the begining of the game. The Spurs can be cracked. They can be made loosers.
Barring a missing Kobe and or any critical injuries to Key Players the Lakers should win another for the Home Crowd.
Lakers over the Spurs by 9, 90 to 81.
Gold Brick

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue May 11, 2004 1:22 pm

hmmmm cmon kobe make it back!
G|B|G|B

Postby HighFlyer15 on Tue May 11, 2004 2:03 pm

kbryant wrote:we are 3-0 when kobe comes lately from court!! :jam2: :jam2:

this is not the first time I've seen someone write that the Lakers are 3-0.. What's up wit all those who writes this, aren't they following the series.. LA is 1-2 in games.. Definitely not 3-0.. Am I missing something.. Please fill me in then.. :man3:
HighFlyer15

Postby gill on Tue May 11, 2004 2:06 pm

^^^in the three times Kobe played coming from court directly, the Lakers are unbeaten... hence 3-0
gill

Postby HighFlyer15 on Tue May 11, 2004 2:13 pm

gill wrote:^^^in the three times Kobe played coming from court directly, the Lakers are unbeaten... hence 3-0

aaaaaaaahh.. I couldn't be bothered to read all the posts through just to find out, so thx for the info.. :man12:
HighFlyer15

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday