Postby preeluder on Thu May 13, 2004 9:42 pm

yeah, for nothing.
preeluder

Postby Ring It Up on Thu May 13, 2004 9:57 pm

missmyzte wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
missmyzte wrote:
SMUnderground wrote:malone and horry doesn't seem to get alone welll

I agree, there could be trouble in the next game between them. Rob fouled him hard tonight, which he deserved, in retribution for Tuesday and for many times before.

Malone also deserves a ring right? :man12:

Karl Malone is not a real Laker. If the Lakers win, I still think he shouldn't get a ring.

Robert Horry is not a real Spur. So if the Spurs were to win he shouldnt get a ring either? What exactly is a real Laker? He is under contract which makes him a member of the LA Lakers. Thats as real as it gets.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Tamali11 on Thu May 13, 2004 10:00 pm

OMG! I still can't believe it! I'm kind of mad the fact they only scored 12 points in the 4th quarter compared to the Spurs 20 points. I am just thankful that D-FISH made that shot it was just crazy! :bow: Now tomorrow when I go to school I'm going to rub this Lakers win in the Spurs fans faces. It's going to be great can't wait till tomorrow! :man9:
Derek Fisher's #1 Fan
Tamali11

Postby BDG on Thu May 13, 2004 10:00 pm

missmyzte that's the stupidest thing to say.

You have no idea how much Malone and Payton for that matter have contributed to this season.

Look at our record with Malone and without him. Then tell me if he's a "Real Laker." :man7:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kasumi on Thu May 13, 2004 10:34 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:missmyzte that's the stupidest thing to say.

You have no idea how much Malone and Payton for that matter have contributed to this season.

Look at our record with Malone and without him. Then tell me if he's a "Real Laker." :man7:

I have watched every game this year BDG, I know exactly how much Karl and GP have contributed. I just can't stand either of them. Never liked Karl because of his dirty play and GP has the audacity to complain about the Lakers running the triangle instead of running all the plays for him. It was no secret that LA runs the triangle!

I love D-Fish though, he is all class. Tonight really hurts, all the more so because Horry didn't show up. Someday I'll be able to enjoy what Derek and the Lakers accomplished tonight but not yet ....
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Thu May 13, 2004 10:37 pm

Well, although we won't agree about that, I'll agree with you that D-Fish is all class. What a shot, what a player.

What's not classy though is the Spurs filing a complaint to the NBA.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kasumi on Thu May 13, 2004 10:40 pm

Yeah, I was surprised that the Spurs did that. I think they're just trying to send a message to the team and the fans that they're not giving up on the series. Supporting their players, you know? Won't do any good though. May make the official a little more careful in Game 6.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Thu May 13, 2004 10:41 pm

missmyzte wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:missmyzte that's the stupidest thing to say.

I have watched every game this year BDG, I know exactly how much Karl and GP have contributed. I just can't stand either of them. Never liked Karl because of his dirty play and GP has the audacity to complain about the Lakers running the triangle instead of running all the plays for him. It was no secret that LA runs the triangle!

I love D-Fish though, he is all class. Tonight really hurts, all the more so because Horry didn't show up. Someday I'll be able to enjoy what Derek and the Lakers accomplished tonight but not yet ....

Living in the past, are we? Sounds like you're more of an Horry fan than a Laker fan. Although this season has been a rollercoaster ride, to say the least, that doesn't take away my love for this team.
wuSHUMast3r

Postby Kasumi on Thu May 13, 2004 10:46 pm

wuSHUMast3r wrote:Living in the past, are we? Sounds like you're more of an Horry fan than a Laker fan. Although this season has been a rollercoaster ride, to say the least, that doesn't take away my love for this team.

It's no secret, I am #1 a Robert Horry fan and #2 a Lakers fan. I'm "supporting" the Spurs because I want Horry to collect his 6th ring.

Before this series, I was 100% cheering on the Lakers knowing that this day would come. I've kept my promise and will never talk smack on the Lakers but unfortunately I don't want them to win. That's why I'm joking that Karl and GP aren't real Lakers, so I can talk smack on them :man12:
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby Ring It Up on Thu May 13, 2004 10:49 pm

missmyzte wrote:Yeah, I was surprised that the Spurs did that. I think they're just trying to send a message to the team and the fans that they're not giving up on the series. Supporting their players, you know? Won't do any good though. May make the official a little more careful in Game 6.

A message by crying for no valid reason? Steven Smith said it best "The Spurs are looking for a miracle from the NBA office they didnt get in Game 5, aint gonna happen. The shot was good and so was the clock."

What exactly would the official have to be more careful about?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby gill on Thu May 13, 2004 10:51 pm

GP has the audacity to complain about the Lakers running the triangle instead of running all the plays for him. It was no secret that LA runs the triangle!

Correct me if I'm wrong but straying away from the triangle is what got us back into the series. Payton is actually showing everybody "I told you so," so I think your point about GP in that situation is moot.
gill

Postby kingjsun on Thu May 13, 2004 10:53 pm

So, if (and it's a smaller if then a BIG if now) the lakers go on to win the whole thing, will that shot be the intro like last years Horry shot? Oh and speaking of Horry, I guess D-Fish showed him how it was supposed to be done in a game 5 in SBC. Funny thing, someone posted that history doesn't repeat itself prior to this game. I'm out, midwest and it's very late. Hopefully, the game will replay on NBATV so I can record it again and have two copies. Just wish the game was on TNT, imagine Inside the NBA after this game!
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby Kasumi on Thu May 13, 2004 10:55 pm

gill wrote:
GP has the audacity to complain about the Lakers running the triangle instead of running all the plays for him. It was no secret that LA runs the triangle!

Correct me if I'm wrong but straying away from the triangle is what got us back into the series. Payton is actually showing everybody "I told you so," so I think your point about GP in that situation is moot.

Only because he won't bother to try and learn the triangle. Imagine if Karl hadn't gone down with the injury and all of them had the whole year to learn the triangle and play together, this team would be unstoppable. As it is, they are great but they aren't all on the same page too often.

As for what the officials need to be more careful about, some Spurs fans believe game 4 was unfairly called in the Lakers favor. I think it was just called badly all the way around but oh well, game is over. Game 6 here we come!
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby Kasumi on Thu May 13, 2004 10:59 pm

kingjsun wrote:So, if (and it's a smaller if then a BIG if now) the lakers go on to win the whole thing, will that shot be the intro like last years Horry shot? Oh and speaking of Horry, I guess D-Fish showed him how it was supposed to be done in a game 5 in SBC. Funny thing, someone posted that history doesn't repeat itself prior to this game. I'm out, midwest and it's very late. Hopefully, the game will replay on NBATV so I can record it again and have two copies. Just wish the game was on TNT, imagine Inside the NBA after this game!

Yes, I do think this shot by Fish will go down in Laker folk-lore the way Rob's in '02 has. Next year's yearbook will feature Fish on the cover hitting the shot. Couldn't happen to a better Laker ...

I think Sacramento is more upset about Rob's shot than San Antonio is about this one though. SA has two titles and a young team that can compete for several more years. Sacramento doesn't have any championships and blame that entirely on Horry ... still. And the King's window of opportunity has all but closed.
ImageImage

Kasumi

Postby BDG on Thu May 13, 2004 11:25 pm

missmyzte wrote:I think Sacramento is more upset about Rob's shot than San Antonio is about this one though. SA has two titles and a young team that can compete for several more years. Sacramento doesn't have any championships and blame that entirely on Horry ... still. And the King's window of opportunity has all but closed.
That's so true... but I like it better that way :man9:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby skillz08lakeshow on Thu May 13, 2004 11:28 pm

Derek deserve this attention, I'm so glad he hit that shot, He's the meaning of a TEAM PLAYER>>> I hope he retires as a Laker!
Fan since 1980!

WE LOVE LA... WE LOVE IT...
skillz08lakeshow

Postby dj vitus on Thu May 13, 2004 11:55 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:this is where the heart of a champion energy kicks in. It's going to be very difficult to break it.

You got that right on the money!
dj vitus

Postby kbryant on Fri May 14, 2004 12:38 am

it was huge game! i cant believe we won like this.all my friends were saying they will win at home, its time to shirk

im so happy, thanks lakers

THANKS FISHER :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby kbryant on Fri May 14, 2004 12:43 am

Ginofan wrote:*sigh* Good luck next round guys...you probably won't see much of me (i'm sure that will make some of you happy) any more. This is over. Congratulations and all of that, if anyone can win the trophy it's the Lakers. Take care.

-Ginofan.

its good to see you like that, we will winbut its not over yet (actually over)

good luck!!

and you were great with your comments,thank you for sharing :freak2:
if you dont believe in yourself, no one else will...

============KOBE===============
kbryant

Postby MsEsquivel on Fri May 14, 2004 1:52 am

LOL. I think we all have sore throats. That was one hell of a shot. D-Fish deserves to be appreciated. Mannnn this is just incredible. I thought that the Lakers were going to make a liar out of me. I told everyone, when the Lakers were down 0-2 to the Spurs that they were not going to lose another game in THIS series. So far so good.

GO LAKERS!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :ball1:
MsEsquivel

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 14, 2004 2:08 am

God, what another Laker memory that I'll treasure forever... Man, I love being a Laker fan, a real one at that. Real fans know the feeling, and it's amazing!!! This is so incredable! :jam2:
LakersGyrl2003

Postby dlivneh on Fri May 14, 2004 2:20 am

great game
good game by KOBE

fish is the man

let's finsh the gob in L.a
dlivneh

Postby *wishlist* on Fri May 14, 2004 2:23 am

i need to say something in this thread. this was classic. :jam2: . most of the game i was on the road. when i finally get to my destination, i saw the last three made baskets of the game. all i can say is WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!! good thing i saw that much. unbelievable. it was great! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

:ball3: DFISH :bow: :bow:

the spurs after the shot... :bang: :man6: :cry:

the lakers on the plane trip home... :man9:

:ball1: ....with forks people... with forks!!! :hungry: :scream:

now, hopefully we can finish this on saturday. :naughty1: :naughty1:

:wow: :lol: ... k that's all the emoticons i can think of using at this time of night. GOOD NIGHT. :freak2:
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby Shaki on Fri May 14, 2004 3:07 am

:ball3: D-FISH thank you for your great shot :bow:
I'm so happy, you're da man FISH :jam2:

:ball1:
Shaki

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Fri May 14, 2004 3:43 am

Man, all fans live for moments like these, and being Laker fans we have many to look back to and reminisce about. This is one of those "I witnessed history" type of feelings.
LakersGyrl2003

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight