(LAL/HOU) Game 4 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lakerzrule on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:11 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:no way i think cat did some awesome defense on kobe and that double team got to him. he did a great job on kicking it to the open guys though.

Agreed, that's why the Lakers need to work on their shots, if Kobe's doubled he'll usually find a way to get the ball to the open man for a jumper or layup. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby LAL Bling on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 pm

T-Wolves Rule wrote:
I Support #8 wrote:
missmyzte wrote:What's up with Steve Francis taking a fan down when he ran up in the stands on that turnover?

What happened to TWR?

According to his theory and principle, Francis should be suspended from the rest of the series due to that incident with the little girl. :man12:

Like I'm going to stick around and watch that pathetic display of incompetence by the officiating crew ... down to two or not, that was pathetic.
But I'm sure that the ecstatic Laker Fans wouldn't know anything about poor officiating ... or the fact that the entire Lakers team is just a bunch of cheats and instigators.
And why would I stick around here to listen to a bunch of Laker Fans pat themselves on the back for cheating themselves to a win?
This was a disgusting display of the NBA ... and is part of the reason that the NBA Ratings continue to go down ... nobody likes to watch a team get robbed of a well deserved win by poor officiating and a team getting away with breaking the rules nearly every time down the court.
No more trying to convince any of you ... It's more than apparent that you're all too blind and too biased to give serious basketball a chance.
And no more giving the Lakers the benefit of the doubt from me.
If you have to resort to the cheap tricks and tactics that I just witnessed, you'll never get any respect from me.

Maybe you're just still bitter and frustrated that the Nuggets spanked the T-Wolves. I won't blame ya. But you're probably better off ranting in a Nuggets forum.
LAL Bling

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:28 pm

Post Game Quotes

Gary talking about the Mailman: "He had a great game.''

Malone talking about his torn jersey: "They tried to get me to change it, they said it looked bad for TV. I said I don't care, I'm wearing my shirt,'I almost had to fight (Shaquille O'Neal) for it afterward. I'm taking it home to my little boy, and he's going to love it.''

"When I looked at it, it looked like I've been in a scuffle. I like scuffles sometimes, so I didn't want to get it changed.''

Malone addressing the issue of Houston wanting him suspended for his rough play: "I wouldn't want a job from them. I could care less about what they're saying. I'm not losing any sleep, they're not writing my paycheck, I'm don't care to go out to dinner with them, on and on. I don't care.''

Van Gundy talking about what was said between him and Phil furing the game: "He yelled at me about his opinion of where I was on the floor. I yelled back with my opinion, we won't be smoking the peace pipe any time soon.''

Kobe talking about his 3 point play: "I love those situations. That's what I do, close teams out."

All quotes from Yahoo
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:42 pm

"When I looked at it, it looked like I've been in a scuffle. I like scuffles sometimes, so I didn't want to get it changed.''

:man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby noxcel on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:48 pm

LAL Bling wrote:
purple_and_gold_fever wrote:steve francis = choker???

Steve "Who's Yao Ming?" Francis
Steve "Mr. Turnover" Francis
Steve "1 on 5" Francis

Whats wrong with some of the lakers fans here? You talk like we won by 30, but the fact is that we got ANOTHER lucky win. We got lucky, just like in game one. Steve played a good game, I cant say the same for most of the lakers. Malone and Kobe won the game. Shaq sucked AGAIN, good thing he knows that in the 4th, he needs to give the ball to Kobe :man10:
Kobe had a bad game too, but at the end, the true Kobe came out.

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY, if we will play the same way vs. Spurs, we WILL lose 4:0 :mad1:

WHERE THE F+++ is D????????
noxcel

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:03 pm

they interviewed Malone in the locker room about the scuffle and between the bleeps he said, talking about Francis pushing him, that he had been pushed harder by his 5 year old daughter.
JSM

Postby Realm of Shadows on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:05 pm

jsm0331 wrote:they interviewed Malone in the locker room about the scuffle and between the bleeps he said, talking about Francis pushing him, that he had been pushed harder by his 5 year old daughter.

LMAO!!! Where can I read this?
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby JSM on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:10 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:LMAO!!! Where can I read this?

I don't know. They showed him being interviewed on TNT's Inside the NBA.
JSM

Postby ilikelakers on Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:12 pm

Now that I think back on it, if Malone purposely got under Nachbar, all the power to him. Nachbar committed 4 fouls in less than 5 minutes against the Lakers; Karl was just giving him a taste of his own medicine. He probably thought, "Who does this little b!tch think he is coming out here and fouling everyone?"

Props to Malone.
ilikelakers

Postby LAL Bling on Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:18 am

noxcel wrote:Whats wrong with some of the lakers fans here? You talk like we won by 30, but the fact is that we got ANOTHER lucky win. We got lucky, just like in game one. Steve played a good game, I cant say the same for most of the lakers. Malone and Kobe won the game. Shaq sucked AGAIN, good thing he knows that in the 4th, he needs to give the ball to Kobe :man10:
Kobe had a bad game too, but at the end, the true Kobe came out.

LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY, if we will play the same way vs. Spurs, we WILL lose 4:0 :mad1:

WHERE THE F+++ is D????????

Wasn't a pretty game and it's definitely not enough to whup the Spurs, but I'll take a little luck anyday to go with the W.

"LUCKY, LUCKY, LUCKY" ... if that's the case, then you might as well have dismissed Horry's shot in WCF 2002 against the Kings. Lucky play, great shot. By your reasoning, Lakers fans shouldn't have been excited about Horry's shot right because it came from a lucky play.

Enjoy the moment. Take the W. Because I sure don't mind a little luck.
LAL Bling

Postby strikemode14 on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:01 am

This was a disgusting display of the NBA ... and is part of the reason that the NBA Ratings continue to go down ... nobody likes to watch a team get robbed of a well deserved win by poor officiating and a team getting away with breaking the rules nearly every time down the court.
No more trying to convince any of you ... It's more than apparent that you're all too blind and too biased to give serious basketball a chance.
And no more giving the Lakers the benefit of the doubt from me.
If you have to resort to the cheap tricks and tactics that I just witnessed, you'll never get any respect from me.
[/quote]

are you kidding me..that was actually really a good officiated a game..if anything the rockets did more underhanded tricks...the time keepers try to rob them by not calling a shot clock violation and at the end when kobe went for the final shot in regualation he was fouled
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday