(LAL/HOU) Game 3 - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lofton_wu on Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:49 pm

oh well,this lost angry me....

stupid call by refs(yeah I know,this is a road game....)our shooting percentage is bad,our coach Phil did a strange rotation in 4th quarter,GP didn't play,even he played bad,but he is the vet,one of the Feb 4,Rush is good,but today he can't shoot,why not put GP instead Rush?we down by double figures in first half,that's OK,we tried to comeback in 4th quarter,that's right,but where's the D?where's the O?we wanna score quickly but our shooter is bad today(unless Fish),we should get Shaq oe Mailman the ball!!

this game is disappointed,a must win game but we lost....maybe,it still a long way to go for Lakers,hope we can adjust our O and D,and hope this serious will stop in Game 5....hope Kobe can play that game....

GO LAKERS!!

(oh,even we played so bad,but Fish is still good,right?hey,he has not miss a three pointer!!)
lofton_wu

Postby Kb8theGreat on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:01 pm

This game was weak sauz......shaq needs to play a lil more d on yao. :disagree: OK!!!!!!
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:04 pm

Kb8theGreat wrote:OK!!!!!!

WHAT!!!
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby lofton_wu on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:07 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:

WHAT!!!

huh?what do you mean? :man3:
lofton_wu

Postby Kb8theGreat on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:08 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:

WHAT!!!
YEah!!!
Kb8theGreat

Postby BDG on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:09 pm

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAUUHHHH!

(It's Lil' Jon)
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kb8theGreat on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:10 pm

lol ya......who rembers a "Stranger" :man10:
Kb8theGreat

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:11 pm

OK, I think that's enough. Back to the game. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 pm

The Rockets made the Lakers mad. Does Shaq have to choke a b1tch?
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Kb8theGreat on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:12 pm

lakerzrule wrote:OK, I think that's enough. Back to the game. :man10:
I rather not....i didint like how we played today :bang: although malone was on target.
Kb8theGreat

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:19 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:The Rockets made the Lakers mad. Does Shaq have to choke a b1tch?

No, he just has to shut down Yao, not pick up fouls, and make his free throws. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:20 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:The Rockets made the Lakers mad. Does Shaq have to choke a b1tch?

No, he just has to shut down Yao, not pick up fouls, and make his free throws. :man10:

I take it you don't watch Chappelle's show.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:21 pm

Kb8theGreat wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:OK, I think that's enough. Back to the game. :man10:
I rather not....i didint like how we played today :bang: although malone was on target.

No one likes losing, but this game was a wake-up call and it might actually help the Lakers to focus and get the killer instinct that's been missing. And Malone was great, but he's not enough. The rest of them, especially Shaq, GP, the bench, and Kobe need to produce also. When Kobe's not a factor, that's when the Lakers get in trouble. Look for all of them to come out on Sunday with a vengeance and kill the Rockets. :jam2:
Last edited by lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:22 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:

No I don't, but I do know about the Rick James skit. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:25 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:

No I don't, but I do know about the Rick James skit. :man10:

You don't know what your missing man! I suggest picking up the first season on DVD, great stuff.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby magicmoment on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:32 pm

the game today was definately not our game. kobe didnt have a good game and so did GP. malone had a great game, but no one was there to help him out i think that is why we didnt win. and shaq kept fouling. but why did phil keep GP out so long??
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:46 pm

magicmoment wrote:why did phil keep GP out so long??

Probably because GP wasn't scoring a lot. It seems he needs to get in the offensive flow early, otherwise he's not that effective.
Last edited by lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakerzrule

Postby G|B|G|B on Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:59 pm

...horrible...
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby I Support #8 on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:09 pm

Well.. as has been said so many times already, it was only one game and now it's a thing of the past and our guys can only learn from it and move on with their focus for Game 4 now and redemption. Even with our bad shooting and sub-par performance tonight, we didn't get blown out and dropped their 16 pt. lead to 4 at one point at the very end of the 4th and that has been one token that we've had this year that I don't think any other team in the league has.. no matter what happens or what we go through, we always find a way to prevail. Every now and then though, this tactic gets the best of us, like tonight for example, and we catch a L. I have full confidence in our team, but I just don't know how much more we can keep toying around with luck and this strategy before it backfires on us badly!

The Rockets came out and played just like they needed to.. they had everything to lose in this one game and played like such. I don't fear for the series, as I'm still confident we'll prevail, but now the rest factor is the biggest issue between now and meeting the Spurs in Rd. 2 (and chances are, they are going to sweep) so we need to take care of the Rockets ASAP. I don't see them beating us two straight on Sunday, but I won't be surprised if they end up stealing the game in LA (especially if Kobe doesn't make it, or his streak of hot games after court appearances runs out) before we finish them off in Houston.

It's too bad we lost tonight, but it's not the end of the world. Infact, it may be good that we did. I'd hate for our guys to get comfortable playing lazy and unmotivated and think it'll work every single time. They need losses like this to wake up and get focused once again and with this being their first playoff loss as this new team, I'm very interested to see how Malone and even Payton will respond come Sunday. Finally, I've grown to the reality that the Lakers aren't going to be super-human or anything.. just like when everyone wanted them to break the Bulls season record and now go blazing through the playoffs. It's all about winning now at any cost and getting the ring. No matter how sloppy or ugly we do it, just as long as we get it done and believe me.. we will!

GO LAKERS!! :jam2:
I Support #8

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:14 pm

Nice post, I Support #8, it's good to see a CL member making sense and keeping the faith. I think this series will be over in 5 games, the Lakers will win on Sunday, and Kobe will make it to the fifth game, even if he's not on time, and be clutch once again. The Rockets are good but they just don't have the experience to win again. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:16 pm

This was horrible, i'm starting to wonder if our role players can REALLY step it up soon.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby noxcel on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:53 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:This was horrible, i'm starting to wonder if our role players can REALLY step it up soon.

what are you talking about? role players are not the reason why we lost.

The way I see it, is we have 3 role players. Fisher, Slava and Rush, others are less than players.

Slava - did not play.
Fisher - played good.
Rush - was good, but there is NO WAY he should play in the 4th and take important shots.

The reason we lost is because Kobe had a bad game on O, Shaq had a bad game on D and Payton forgot to come prepared today. Malone was good though.
noxcel

Postby Realm of Shadows on Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:58 pm

noxcel wrote:
Realm of Shadows wrote:This was horrible, i'm starting to wonder if our role players can REALLY step it up soon.

The way I see it, is we have 3 role players. Fisher, Slava and Rush, others are less than players.

Slava - did not play.
Fisher - played good.
Rush - was good, but there is NO WAY he should play in the 4th and take important shots.

The reason we lost is because Kobe had a bad game on O, Shaq had a bad game on D and Payton forgot to come prepared today. Malone was good though.

Seriously did you see Luke Walton's air ball three! How much did our bench score opposed to the Rockets? No seriously I didn't check.
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby noxcel on Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:04 pm

Realm of Shadows wrote:
noxcel wrote:

Slava - did not play.
Fisher - played good.

Seriously did you see Luke Walton's air ball three! How much did our bench score opposed to the Rockets? No seriously I didn't check.

I said we have 3 role players, walton was not one of them. I have no idea what he is doing in the NBA, it is like he is here only for the fans. Last year it was Manson[sp?], this year is Walton. Cook could have done better.
noxcel

Postby LakersBaller on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:28 am

The game was awful no defence,Kobe's and Payton's FG percentage is awful - they took too much on their shoulders and didn't mde it.
When Shaq plays bad-all team plays bad. :disagree:
LakersBaller

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday