Tue April 22
(9:30 pm, TNT/RSN)
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20030422/LALMIN/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20030422/LALMIN/boxscore.html

Lakers - 91
Timberwolves - 119

Lakers Tied in Series - 1 - 1

Going Back to Cali
The Lakers got off to a sluggish start in Game 2, falling behind by 14 at the half en route to a 119-91 playoff loss in Minnesota on Tuesday. Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant combined for 54 points and 18 rebounds. Los Angeles will try to take a 2-1 series lead in Game 3 at 8 p.m. Thursday (TNT) at STAPLES Center.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:21 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Kobe_One_Kenobi_8 on Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:26 pm

For this game, I see a determined Wolves team in the start of the game, because of the pressure not to go down 0-2.

So, the Lakers need to stay close and wait to take the game away from them at the end. Again, our defense will come through.

Like our first game, Derek Fisher needs to be that third scoring option. He scored 17 in Game 1 and we need him to post the same numbers for Game 2.

If there is a blowout for Tuesday's game in favor for the Lakers, just like today, I'll take also.

GO LAKERS!!!!!

WE NEED THIS NEXT GAME TO PUT SOME REAL PRESSURE ON THE WOLVES.
Kobe_One_Kenobi_8

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:28 pm

Point taken on d fish
he scored our first 6 points!!!!!!!!!
and he was 5/6 4 dah game outside the arc!!!!!!
Keep shooting and playing like this Lakers.......
No one will wanna face us
INNOCENT

BE IN THE DREAM TEAM KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:37 pm

Obviously Kobe got hot early, but you can't forget he also finished the game with 8 assists. So he got it done. And of course Shaq will remain dominant.

I really see a sweep here because of a couple of reasons.
• The Tri. Off. was ran so patiently, it was almost unreal to see it ran that good this year.
• Shaq and Kobe were working together... I knew they'd save it up for now, but WOW...
• The two superstars were getting everyone else involved, great team play
• And most importantly, experience, this will carry them past this first round.

I predict a victory over game 2, and possible a sweep. But well carry this one game at a time :man12:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Reddy on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:51 pm

I see a sweep also
We played totally flawless in the 1st, great in 2nd, ok in 3rd (slumped), and great in 4th
so we were pretty sonsistent
if this team effort continues, this series should be completed by next sunday!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby clublakers on Sun Apr 20, 2003 8:52 pm

I look to Shaq to be more abusive in the paint in Game 2. The playoffs always find more physical contact, and this favors the big fella. Only Gary Trent really wants to bang down there, and he's only about 6'9" in boots.

Don't expect Fish to cool off from the arc. He generally carries a hot hand throughout the playoffs.

A Laker win on Tuesday will remove any remaining confidence the Wolves ever had to compete in this series.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Reddy on Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:22 am

YEp! Then we'll be heading home with MOMENTUM, baby! :jam2: LEts hope horry and the rookies shoot better
and i agree fisher got the hot hand, cause he is always left wide open, and fox will be hot once again,and george also
btw, i loved georges block!
INNOCENT

STATUS RETIRED
Reddy

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:44 pm

Don't expect Fish to cool off from the arc. He generally carries a hot hand throughout the playoffs.

Oh most definetly, he as Fox really step up in the playoffs, and I mean REALLY STEP UP. They have in the past and did in game 1. Remember Foxy didn't play alot of minutes do to that 4th or 5th foul (Can't remember if it was his 4th or 5th). But yes, the role players are def. there. Game 2 victory will def. make Garnett worried :man12:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

believe it or not..

Postby crucifido on Tue Apr 22, 2003 11:09 am

This is Minnesota's last gasp. They lose this game and the series is over (whether it be 4 or 5 games).

The Lakers had better watch out for Troy Hudson again. Derek and Pargo played excellent "d" that first game and they must conitnue to do so, for it's rare when Hudson has two dud games in a row.

Either way, Garnett won't be a preoblem again. If you looked at him during the 4th quarter of the last game and at the press conference afterwards, he is defeated.

Lakers will take this game too -

Lakers - 102
T'Wolves - 91
crucifido

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Apr 22, 2003 8:04 pm

Wow, that was such a horrible ending to the 2nd quarter. You know they will come back with hunger, and play alot better. Even though their down 14, I feel safe because you know their going to come back with vengance. If they loose the 3rd quarter, then I might turn on the worry switch. Well see how things turn out...
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby clublakers on Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:36 am

Well, that wasn't so good, was it? It appears they didn't expect the pressure for 48 minutes. Props to the Wolves for not laying down.

I'm heading over to update the Daily, and I imagine there will be a lot of chatter on the wire about Shaq being tired from the travel. Shaq's going to have to be a beast again in order to open things up for the shooters. He didn't play his boom-boom game last night and settled for a lot of 10-footers.

I'm also very surprised the Lakers were so tenative and didn't attack the pressure. A few backdoor cuts and lobs will force that pressure D at the 3-point line to back off. I expect the coaching staff will make the adjust ment today in practice.
Call it from Heaven Chick.

clublakers
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:24 am

what a game
dont worry guys
lakers will be fired up and win series 4-1
even shaq said we'll probably get 1 in minnesota, but probably not 2.
go lakers! four peat!

Return to Lakers Gameday